What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R2 | Sat | Cowboys 28-20 Panthers | Dairy Farmers

Result: Cowboys v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2010info-r2nqlpen.jpg

2010teams-nql-main.jpg

Ty Williams, Michael Bani, Willie Tonga, Ashley Graham, John Williams, Grant Rovelli, Johnathan Thurston
Matthew Scott, Aaron Payne, Antonio Kaufusi, Scott Bolton, Steve Southern, Luke O'Donnell

Interchange: Anthony Watts, Steve Rapira, Willie Mason, Manase Manuokafoa
Carl Webb, James Tamou

2010teams-pen-alt.jpg

Lachlan Coote, Michael Gordon, Michael Jennings, Adrian Purtell, Shane Elford, Travis Burns, Luke Walsh
Tim Grant, Kevin Kingston, Petero Civoniceva, Frank Pritchard, Trent Waterhouse, Luke Lewis

Interchange: Joseph Paulo, Nathan Smith, Matthew Bell, Sam McKendry
Reserves: Ryan Walker, Nigel Plum, Frank Puletua

ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Ben Cummins & Chris James
Sideline Officials: Luke Phillips & Grant Atkins
Video Referee: Phil Cooley

Toyota Cup Round 2
Cowboys v Panthers @ Dairy Farmers, Sat 6:15pm AEST

QLD Intrust Super Cup Round 2
Mackay (NQL) v Easts (BRI) @ Mackay, Sat 5:30pm AEST
Northern (NQL) v Wynnum-Manly (BRI) @ Barlow Park, Sat 7:00pm AEST

NSW Cup Round 2
Windsor (PEN) v Auckland @ Windsor, Sat 3:00pm AEDT

nrl2010-r2nqlpen.jpg

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Hopefully Michael Jennings actually gets the ball in this game... it's going to be hard to win games if we keep sending the ball to Purtell and Elford instead of getting Gordon and Jennings involved.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Jennings scored a hat trick up there last year!

Tropical Cyclone could see this game being postponed or moved.

beave

Coach
I wouldn't be opposed to that, if it has to happen, it has to happen. Today you could feel all the air and wind heading out to sea, that cyclone is sucking more air than Carl Webb running to the Sizzler buffet, I think she will be a doozy if it hits here.

natheel

Coach
ill make my tip based on if its in NQ or penrith. if its at NQ then cowboys but if its in penrith ill take panthers.

i know mathers have a good record up there i just think cowboys will be stinging from the broncos loss and leaving it so late to fire they will want to get a win and up there with the heat at the moment id say they would but not down at CUA (IF in fact it gets rescheduled there)

bigfoot

Juniors
i just think cowboys will be stinging from the broncos loss and leaving it so late to fire they will want to get a win

I agree, the Cowboys will bounce back. If we (Panthers) win, it won't be by much at all IMO.
Will Payne be fit for this game? Apparently he got injured in Round 1? :?

pantherz9103

First Grade
We have a good record up there, although usually we don't play them so early in the year. I think we can win in a close one though, but Thurston's form does scare me a bit.

natheel

Coach
ive taken the cowboys up in townsville in my tipping comp at this point but ill change it if i think otherwise haha

Very hard one for me to tip, Panthers are going to want to forget the first 20 minutes of the second half against canberra and back up their win, and the cowboys are going to want to forget the whole first half against the broncos and bounce back from the loss.
i predict cowboys to start the match with a very balanced game plan to not repeat last weeks first half

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member
Gallant is on stand by, John Williams is in doubt.
Obviously Ty goes to winger, with Gallant at fullback.

Serc

First Grade
Just saw a post on the weather forum I frequent from a guy who is one of the touchies for NYC on Sat night (and fellow weather nut):

"got off phone to NRL higherarchy who suggest game may be postponed to Monday night BUT only if threat is very high to Townsville itself"

Yes I know, no source but please don't delete :p

johns_reds

First Grade
If cowboys keep that gimp fellar watts off the field then they'll win. They looked really good against brisbane before payne went off, when he came back on it was 24-0, he brought it back to 24-24 all, you can tell Thurston needs him out there and if he can play most of this game then i'll tip the cowboys.