What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R2 | Fri | Dragons 26-6 Bulldogs | WIN

Result: Dragons v Bulldogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meth

Staff member
Pretty convincing from the Dragons.

Hornby directed traffic well. Boyd and Morris looked particularly dangerous. Weyman and Hunt were dominant. Creagh worked hard as ever. I was really impressed with Priddis' work as well.

It's pretty clear that the Dogs need Ennis desperately.

gsweeper

Juniors
haha, i don't believe i'm saying this but..............the I can't see the Dragons choking this year, but please do not quote me on that :p

Dragon

Coach
Quality stuff from the Saints again. Still the same physical, disciplined team as last year. Bennett has taught them how to win. Its just become a simple routine for a club that was the most inconsistent rabble in the comp for 10 years.

Standouts for me were:

Merrin - looks like he is easily up to grade standard, they could hardly get him on the deck. (and a wrap to the rest of the forwards, some brutal stuff tonight)
Boyd - Still needs a a bit more maturity but already a big improvement over last year.
Young - Another great game from this guy. Heart n soul, full of talk

P.S Shhhhhhh... Eels are still favourites ok?

" haha, i don't believe i'm saying this but..............the I can't see the Dragons choking this year, but please do not quote me on that :p "

You probably won't be quoting many Saints supporters on that either.

" Dragons will hate being labeled favourites "

Very true. Who does like it ?
I'm sure that alcoholic in the telegraph will attempt to knock us down a peg.

" Bennett has taught them how to win. Its just become a simple routine for a club that was the most inconsistent rabble in the comp for 10 years. "

Last year's finals aside (no small aside I guess) a very true statement.
What people don't realise (& probably along with the media, a major reason why I jumped down poor Timmy's throat) is that we USED to be sh*t. Yeah we had big names and lots of potential. But none of us on the hill at Kogarah had a clue each week who was turning up. These days, at least we know what to expect and I can only speak for myself when I say my cardiac condition has improved immensly.

PS TimmyB. Sorry mate, but we've been hearing all week how sh*t we were because we beat the eels. Not how sh*t they were to be beaten by us. I just saw more of the same. Its all good. Your first comment I arced up about contradicted your later ones, which made a lot of sense. I do enjoy watching the Tigers. But I generally appreciate the style of foot that saints play. Each to their own. Just beat Manly !!!!

Lambretta

First Grade
Wow what a performance by St George

Blow a team away in 15 minutes and then do the bare minimum needed to get through the game unscathed. Kick for the sidelines whenever possible Kick it dead when possible. Take penalties and chew the clock where possible.

Sr George slowed that game to a crawl and were brilliant at it.

Last season the Dragons enthusiasm got the better of them and they ran out of puff in the back end. This year its plain that Wayne wants to do the absolute minimum where possible to win games. Did you notice he didnt go to the bench, opting for a slow game to rest his men?

If teams play into their tactics and allow the ball to go dead the Dragons will win every game. They have an awesome defence and if rested their big men dont have to worry.

The only way you'll beat them is to keep the ball alive at all costs and keep them moving. Especially their big men. Parra got back last week when the game went a while with few stoppages. You need alot of fast moving people and you need to be able to shut Sowards kicking game down. Good luck with that.

Mary

Juniors
Maybe we should play like the Tigers and concede 3 tries before we have a dig; then people won't call us boring.

Lambretta

First Grade
Maybe we should play like the Tigers and concede 3 tries before we have a dig; then people won't call us boring.

Yes it's boring if you're not a St George supporter, but so what?

Any professional sport is not about being pretty, it's about winning

If being so clinical and methodical that you control the game completely and bore people in the process, then you're actually doing something right.

Last night was a lesson in football. The trick for everyone else in the competition is to learn it and come up with something that counters it.

Gaba

First Grade
funny thing is the dragons score as many points as the attacking teams like the tigers,without much attack .

Last edited:

Y2Eel

First Grade
3 Points - Brett Morris (3 Tries)

2 Points - Ben Creagh

1 Point - Jamie Soward (2 Conversions, 1 Penalty Goal)

The Soward love fest from the LU update dudes is almost as bad as nines with Haynes... So from now on if you kick 3 goals miss another million your automatically getting a point...

Firey_Dragon

Coach

2 Points - Ben Creagh

The Soward love fest from the LU update dudes is almost as bad as nines with Haynes... So from now on if you kick 3 goals miss another million your automatically getting a point...
His in play kicking was pretty good, but no way was he in our top 3 players.

3. Hornby
2. Morris
1. Creagh

Would have been my top 3.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Yes it's boring if you're not a St George supporter, but so what?

Any professional sport is not about being pretty, it's about winning

If being so clinical and methodical that you control the game completely and bore people in the process, then you're actually doing something right.

Last night was a lesson in football. The trick for everyone else in the competition is to learn it and come up with something that counters it.

Round 4 should be a classic, as Melbourne are precisely the team capable of doing that.

Dutchy

Immortal

2 Points - Ben Creagh

Oi, we had nobody doing the updates at the start of last night. Someone in QLD, took their time to do it. From the radio, so it was kind of hard for them to form their own opinion yes?

Latest posts