What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R3 | Fri | Tigers 23-12 Eels | SFS

Result: Tigers v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2010teams-wst-main.jpg

1. Mitch Brown 2. Lote Tuqiri 3. Chris Lawrence 4. Blake Ayshford 5. Beau Ryan 6. Benji Marshall 7. Tim Moltzen
8. Bryce Gibbs 9. Robbie Farah (c) 10. Keith Galloway 11. Todd Payten 12. Gareth Ellis 13. Chris Heighington

Interchange: 14. Jason Cayless 15. Andrew Fifita 16. Mark Flanagan 17. Daniel Fitzhenry
Reserves: 18. Geoff Daniela 19. Junior Moors

2010teams-par-main.jpg

1. Jarryd Hayne 2. Krisnan Inu 3. Joel Reddy 4. Timana Tahu 5. Eric Grothe 6. Daniel Mortimer 7. Jeff Robson
8. Nathan Cayless (C) 9. Matt Keating 10. Fuifui Moimoi 11. Nathan Hindmarsh 12. Ben Smith 13. Feleti Mateo

Interchange: 14. Kris Keating 15. Tim Mannah 16. Brendan Oake 17. Justin Poore

2010ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Tony Archer & Matt Cecchin
Sideline Officials: Paul Holland & Adam Devcich; Video Referee: Steve Clark

Toyota Cup Round 3
Tigers v Eels @ SFS, Fri 5:20pm

NSW Cup Round 3
Newtown (SYD) v Western Suburbs (WST) @ Henson, Sat 3:00pm
North Sydney (SOU) v Balmain Ryde-Eastwood (WST) @ TG Milner, Sun 3:00pm
Canterbury (CBY) v Wentworthville (PAR) @ The Crest, Sat 3:00pm

nrlr3-wstpar.jpg

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
I think sheens will have the plans to shut hayne out of the game , if the tigers execute them they will win,

natheel

Coach
Picking eels coz 1. Biased haha and 2. Positive signs from the manly game especially seeing hayne just click and take control so fingers crossed he does it again
last time they met sheens apparently had a plan to shut hayne out but was ineffective
but definatley need to watch out for our silly penalties and not give tigers a chance for cheap metres
can see this being a high scoring match

Last edited:
Each team has their talisman in both Benji and Hayne.

Benji is the better of the two playmakers, but Hayne has the speed and running style to turn nothing into something along with having the better support cast. If both are on song, expect a mountain of points and defence definitely taking the back seat in this one. The news of Robert Lui being ruled out to 4-6 weeks is a blessing in disguise as the Tigers should welcome Tim Moltzen back to 1/2, a place where he is undefeated in 5 games. The only concern is the fullback position which is left vacant. For the Eels, they're coming off a win which was handed to them by inept refereeing and some great play from Hayne. They also hold the cards over the Tigers, winning the last won in a close contest.

If Moltzen is at halfback, expect the Tigers to pile on a load of points and definitely be in with a shot. If Moltzen isn't @ 1/2, don't expect anything special from the Tigers and easy Eels victory. Another positive for the Tigers, is the return of Beau Ryan, Liam Fulton and Bryce Gibbs. 3 players who were sorely missed against the Roosters.

Prediction: Moltzen should be playing halfback and in effect take the pressure of one of the best attacking players in the comp - Marshall and lead to a load of points for the Tigers. The Eels will be hoping that Hayne is given a free reign on the ball through a likely poor Tigers kicking game, leaving him to wreak havoc on a poor defensive line from the Tigers, although the return of Fulton and Gibbs could give it a bit more respectability.
In the end, I'm gonna go with my heart and tip the Tigers by 6 points in an interesting, free flowing tussle between two of Sydney's most popular teams.

Last edited:

Bodsy

Juniors
Hope Blake gets a start here!

He's a good player, watched him play during high school. He's class.

But I think Eels by 2.

MacDougall

First Grade
I think it's likely the Eels will win this by about 8, however if the Tigers are good enough to win this on the night, they will win by a lot.

So in saying that, my first guess is -

Parramatta 28 - Wests Tigers 20
or
Wests Tigers 42 - Parramatta 16

Bazal

Post Whore
Burt out will hurt us a lot...but we always seem to beat Wests, so I'll be tipping us. Should be a cracking game though

youngun

Juniors
With two of the best attacking and possibly worst defending teams in the competition this will go one of two ways I think. I high scoring affair with try for try finishing at about 32-28 to the tigers...or one team will put a cricket score on the other but flip a coin as to which way it goes.

I just hope we defend better than we did against the Roosters or the Eels will put a lot more points on us than they did.

Come on Tigers please DEFEND!!

petetheileet

First Grade
I would have picked tigers but they cant tackle

especially when all Parra do is second phase play and keep the ball alive!

nehalem

Juniors
If tigers aren't going to defend like they failed last week I see this one slipping away from them quick.

32-12 to the eels