What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R3 | Sat | Panthers 10-16 Storm | CUA

Result: Panthers v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2010teams-pen-main.jpg

1. Lachlan Coote 2. Michael Gordon 3. Michael Jennings 4. Adrian Purtell 5. Shane Elford 6. Luke Lewis 7. Luke Walsh
8. Tim Grant 9. Kevin Kingston 10. Petero Civoniceva 11. Trent Waterhouse 12. Nigel Plum 13. Joseph Paulo

Interchange: 14. Masada Iosefa 15. Matthew Bell 16. Gavin Cooper 17. Sam McKendry
Reserves: 18. Ryan Walker 20. Frank Puletua

2010teams-mel-alt.jpg

1. Billy Slater 2. Luke MacDougall 3. Dane Nielsen 4. Greg Inglis 5. Anthony Quinn 6. Brett Finch 7. Cam Smith (c)
8. Aiden Tolman 9. Ryan Hinchcliffe 10. Jeff Lima 11. Hep Cahill 12. Kevin Proctor 13. Todd Lowrie

Interchange: 14. Rory Kostjasyn 15. Ryan Tandy 16. Bryan Norrie 17. Jesse Bromwich
Reserves: 18. Cooper Cronk

2010ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Gavin Badger & Phil Haines
Sideline Officials: Russell Turner & Henry Peranara; Video Referee: Phil Cooley

Toyota Cup Round 3
Panthers v Storm @ CUA, Sat 3:15pm

NSW Cup Round 3
Cronulla (CRO) v Windsor (PEN) @ Henson, Sat 1:00pm
Central Coast (NWC) v Melbourne (MEL) @ Morrie Breen Kanwal, Sat 1:30pm

nrl-r3penmel.jpg

Last edited:

murraymob

First Grade
storm will start heavy favourites due to the massive injury toll at penrith.But that how we like it

Lowdown

Juniors
Seriously Panthers...if you guys don't win this you won't win anything this year.

No White, No Manu, No Hoffman and now...no Blair. That's four starting forwards all missing.

Then again...looks like we might get Cooper Cronk back this week. And you guys might be sh*t out of luck if that's the case.

1. Slater
2. McDougall
3. Neilsen
4. Inglis
5. Quinn
6. Finch
7. Cronk
8. Tolman
9. Smith
10. Lima
11. Proctor
12. Cahill
13. Lowrie

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Bromwich
16. Tandy
17. Norrie/Kali

Things are so bad - I needed to go find the Storm's NSW Cup team to fill out the bench. Either Norrie or Kali perhaps...maybe Billy Rogers.

Is it too late to get Dallas Johnson back?

Charlie124

First Grade
Missing forwards or not i think the Storm are just too clinical and disciplined to let the Panthers get the points here. It wouldnt surprise me to see the Panthers get away to an early lead but ill back the Storm to finish over the top of them.

Storm by 10

The inclusion of Cahill leaves the forwards a little light but will add mobility and they will need to play a fast game to beat the Panthers pack.

Cronk at 18th man...wonder if he will be a late inclusion ??.

Rovelli

Bench
This will be close. I am personally thinking it will be a carbon-copy of the past two weeks (for the Storm anyway) and they win ugly.

Jono1987

Juniors
Best chance for Penrith to spring an upset with the Storm already having one eye on next week's game.

Kilkenny

Coach
Don't you all agree it is somewhat pathetic the Storm have delayed Slater's arrival in Sydney simply to avoid potential further media scrutiny over the incident. In doubt with sinus problems is bullsh*t. His arrival will be delayed and kept secret to avoid the obvious and he will be fit and well to take his place on the field come saturday night. The NRL has been surely embarrased by being totally anonymous on this issue. Had the incident involved a low profile culprit there is no doubt he would have been cited for bringing the game into disrepute, but no, it's one of the game's pinups so we simply cannot allow anything to happen. Farcical in my opinion and another blight on the NRL and the sooner this so called independent commission comes into existance the better. Maybe then we will have administrastors who are prepared to manage the game without fear of big brother.

Noa

First Grade
Yeah thats it, disrupt the enitre teams prep over a minor incident. Lets let him arrive at the aiport by himself without the cover of his 25 team-mates and staff.

Good one dufus.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah thats it, disrupt the enitre teams prep over a minor incident. Lets let him arrive at the aiport by himself without the cover of his 25 team-mates and staff.

Good one dufus.

You are niave in the extreme. The word twit comes to mind.

People all over the world have sinus conditions but that doesn't stop them making long haul holiday trips from one side of the world to the other.

Melbourne to Sydney a 90 minute flight maximum can surely be managed by the club's medico's and some demazin.

I don't disagree the incident probably is a media beat up and minor in the scheme of things. However, call me cynical but if the guilty party been a fringe no name first grader do you not truly believe he would have been charged with bringing the game into disrepute. I think so.

Billy the Kid will no doubt be flown to Sydney on a 'hired' non commercial flight, to slip under the radar and magically appear at CUA on Saturday night. The couple of demazin tablets will work wonders and he will surely be at his magical best to please all of the young fans of the game who adore this icon of the game.