What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R6 | Sun | Warriors 12-40 Panthers | Mt Smart

Result: Warriors v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2010teams-nzw-main.jpg

1. Wade McKinnon 2. Kevin Locke 3. Brent Tate (c) 4. Joel Moon 5. Bill Tupou 6. Lance Hohaia 7. James Maloney
8. Sam Rapira 9. Aaron Heremaia 10. Jesse Royal 11. Lewis Brown 12. Ben Matulino 13. Jacob Lillyman

Interchange: 14. Ian Henderson 15. Jeremy Latimore 16. Russell Packer 17. Ukuma Ta'ai

2010teams-pen-alt.jpg

1. Lachlan Coote 2. Michael Gordon 3. Michael Jennings 4. Adrian Purtell 5. Brad Tighe 6. Travis Burns 7. Luke Walsh
8. Tim Grant 9. Kevin Kingston 10. Petero Civoniceva 11. Trent Waterhouse 12. Frank Pritchard 13. Luke Lewis

Interchange: 14. Nathan Smith 15. Matthew Bell 16. Joseph Paulo 17. Sam McKendry
Reserves: 18. Masada Iosefa

2010ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Gavin Badger & Brett Suttor
Sideline Officials: David Abood & Gavin Reynolds; Video Referee: Chris Ward

Toyota Cup Round 6
Warriors v Panthers @ Mt Smart, Sun 9:45am AEST (11:45am NZT)

NSW Cup Round 6
Auckland (NZW) v Canterbury (CBY) @ Mt Smart #2, Sat 1:00pm
Windsor (PEN) v Wests (WST) @ Windsor, Sat 6:00pm

nrl-r6nzwpen.jpg

Last edited:

Rovelli

Bench
Penrith are notoriously our bogey side, and so this will be a tough assignment. They are prone to having a bad half of football, but can also dominate for the whole 80 (like they did against the Roosters).

It's one us Warriors fans would dearly love though, given that we have the Storm in Melbourne the week after. Must. Win.

bigfoot

Juniors
Feeling more confident about this game than previous weeks with Waterhouse and Pritchard back and playing good footy last week, and Burns and Graham available this week so Lewis can go back to lock where he belongs.

Also, Pritchard ALWAYS seems to play well against the Warriors. He has a hell of a lot of quiet games, but never against the Warriors. It's like he hates them or something. :lol: Seriously. Is this all in my head, or does anyone else agree?

Warriors are no pushovers though and will obviously have the advantage of being in NZ. If we can put 80 minutes together like last week then I think we can win, but not by much.

Panthers by 4 (hopefully).

mxlegend99

Referee
Agreed. Puletua and Gulavao always lifted against the Warriors aswell.

This will be a massive test for our team. We finally played our first 80 minute game last week... although we failed to put on a score that accurately reflected our dominance in that game. I think points will be even harder to come by here, so we have to take all our chances.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Teams and officials all updated in post #1 and shown below:
LeagueUnlimited said:
Warriors: 1. Wade McKinnon 2. Kevin Locke 3. Brent Tate (c) 4. Joel Moon 5. Bill Tupou 6. Lance Hohaia 7. James Maloney 8. Sam Rapira 9. Aaron Heremaia 10. Jesse Royal 11. Lewis Brown 12. Ben Matulino 13. Jacob Lillyman
Interchange: 14. Ian Henderson 15. Jeremy Latimore 16. Russell Packer 17. Ukuma Ta'ai

Panthers: 1. Lachlan Coote 2. Michael Gordon 3. Michael Jennings 4. Adrian Purtell 5. Brad Tighe 6. Travis Burns 7. Luke Walsh 8. Tim Grant 9. Kevin Kingston 10. Petero Civoniceva 11. Trent Waterhouse 12. Frank Pritchard 13. Luke Lewis
Interchange: 14. Nathan Smith 15. Matthew Bell 16. Joseph Paulo 17. Sam McKendry; Reserves: 18. Masada Iosefa

Referees: Gavin Badger & Brett Suttor; Sideline Officials: David Abood & Gavin Reynolds; Video Referee: Chris Ward
from NRL Teams - hot off the wire! Round 6, here: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19120

chrisD

Coach
Should be a good week for the Panthers, very excited to see the back row at full strength again. Great to see that Burns is back, Walsh gets too much ball and Burns did a much better job of getting his hands on the ball at opportune times at the start of this season than what Graham did last season. Coote and Paulo had probably the best games I've seen them play last week, hopefully it was a break-through game and they can maintain their level of performance.

Penrith by 12, most of their points to come through the middle.

bigfoot

Juniors
Wow one good game and suddenly Penrith are looking great.

Yeah I agree mate, last week was the first 80 minutes we've put together so far this year, and the opposition (Roosters) to be honest weren't great.

We still have a hell of a lot to prove before we can be called "great", but I think the signs are there that we could have a decent year. Then again, the signs have been there in recent years too but never eventuated. So we'll just have to wait and see.

Good luck to your mob by the way. :)

Fibroman

First Grade
Jennings and Pritchard play well = Penrith win.
Jennings and Pritchard dog it = Warriors by 12

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Yeah I agree mate, last week was the first 80 minutes we've put together so far this year, and the opposition (Roosters) to be honest weren't great.

We still have a hell of a lot to prove before we can be called "great", but I think the signs are there that we could have a decent year. Then again, the signs have been there in recent years too but never eventuated. So we'll just have to wait and see.

Good luck to your mob by the way. :)

Yeah exactly what I was thinking. Yep good luck to your boys as well, hopefully the weathers good and its a ripper of a game.

Latest posts