What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | CvC | Fri 7 May | Country 36-18 City | Port Macquarie

Result: Country v City

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2010country.jpg

1. Josh Dugan (Raiders) 2. Michael Robertson (Sea Eagles) 3. Jamal Idris (Bulldogs) 4. Timana Tahu (Eels) 5. Luke Burt (Eels) 6. Greg Bird (Titans) 7. Brett Kimmorley (Bulldogs)
8. Kade Snowden (Sharks) 9. Michael Ennis (Bulldogs) 10. Brett White (Storm) 11. Ben Creagh (Dragons) 12. Glenn Stewart (Sea Eagles) 13. Anthony Laffranchi (Titans)​

Interchange: 14. Todd Carney (Roosters) 15. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs (Raiders) 16. Willie Mason (Cowboys) 17. Dean Young (Dragons)​

2010city.jpg

1. Lachlan Coote (Panthers) 2. Anthony Minichiello (Roosters) 3. Beau Champion (Rabbitohs) 4. Chris Lawrence (Tigers) 5. Michael Jennings (Panthers) 6. Kris Keating (Eels) 7. Trent Hodkinson (Sea Eagles)
8. Bryce Gibbs (Tigers) 9. Robbie Farah (capt, Tigers) 10. Keith Galloway (Tigers) 11. Trent Waterhouse (Panthers) 12. Mark Minichiello (Titans) 13. Luke O'Donnell (Cowboys)​

Interchange: 14. Joel Reddy (Eels) 15. Tim Mannah (Eels) 16. Tim Grant (Panthers) 17. Ryan Hoffman (Storm)​

2010ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Jared Maxwell & Matt Cecchin
Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall & Russell Turner; Video Referee: Sean Hampstead​

Curtain Raisers
CRL Senior Regional Championships - Northern Thunderbolts v Central Hunter Power, 4:15pm
CRL Under 18's Regional Championships, 5:45pm

citycountry.jpg

Last edited:

steven_tiger

Juniors
How doesn't Chris Heighington get a run in that team? He's been exceptional in a crap Tigers side this year.

Timmah

Staff member
How do you leave the named players out though?

Only question mark I'll have is Noddy over Soward but Soward's a 6 and Bird's form's been great too.

I would've picked Soward over Carney though.

Dutchy

Immortal
Agreed.

Tahu over Croker? Robertson and Burt.... the rest...I thought they wanted youth.

mxlegend99

Referee
That forward pack for Country is amazing. Throw in the massive centre pairing and Bird at 5/8, that's an exceptionally strong team.

steven_tiger

Juniors
How do you leave the named players out though?

Only question mark I'll have is Noddy over Soward but Soward's a 6 and Bird's form's been great too.

I would've picked Soward over Carney though.

I think Soward and Carney should be there.

Mason?

skeepe

Immortal
Just noticed Greg Bird at 5/8th... big WTF, he's been woeful this year, luckily for him the rest of his team have risen to compensate.

Timmah

Staff member
City team named

LeagueUnlimited.com said:
City Origin
1. Lachlan Coote
2. Anthony Minichiello
3. Beau Champion
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Michael Jennings
6. Braith Anasta
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Bryce Gibbs
9. Robbie Farah (capt)
10. Keith Galloway
11. Trent Waterhouse
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Luke O'Donnell

14. Kris Keating
15. Tim Mannah
16. Tim Grant
17. Ryan Hoffman

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19210

Caged Panther

First Grade
Jennings on the wing?

Well done to Lauchlan Coote and Tim Grant both thoroughly deserve their place in the side.

typicalfan

Coach
Just noticed Greg Bird at 5/8th... big WTF, he's been woeful this year, luckily for him the rest of his team have risen to compensate.

Yeah but some CvC selections will be targeted toward players that may not be in outstanding form but they have played at that level before. I personally think Bird offers more in the forwards and they should play him there.

Could have been Trent Barrett or Jamie Soward I guess but I don't mind. I like the team personally, good blend of youth and experience which is important.

evil_p091280

Juniors
Agreed.

Tahu over Croker? Robertson and Burt.... the rest...I thought they wanted youth.

Tahu over anyone more like it.

The guy abandoned rugby league. Now he is back and praised like the return of the messiah.

Has done nothing this year to warrant selection.

rabbit0h8

Juniors
When was the last time the two Minichiello brothers played together? [if they have.. ever]

They never have.
Anthony has only ever played for the rooster and mark has never played for the roosters, unless you want to include lower grades.
They have never played representative together either.

maple_69

Bench
City side looks like more of a look into the future and could be fairly close to what we see in Origin in 5 years. Champion pushing Jennings to the wing is an odd decision. Perhaps they're looking to see if we could run with a 1. Hayne 2. Morris 3. Morris 4. Lyon 5. Jennings backline.

Glad to see Grant and Coote get a run. The battle between the fullbacks should be an absolute cracker. These guys are going to be pushing Slater hard in a years time.

Latest posts