What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R10 | Sat | Raiders 6-17 Storm | Canberra

Result: Raiders v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2010teams-can-main.jpg

1. Josh Dugan 2. Brett Kelly 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joel Thompson 5. Daniel Vidot 6. Terry Campese (C) 7. Josh McCrone
8. Dane Tilse 9. Glen Buttriss 10. David Shillington 11. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs 12. Bronson Harrison 13. Trevor Thurling

Interchange: 14. Travis Waddell 15. Joe Picker 16. Troy Thompson 17. Scott Logan; Reserves: 18. Sam Mataora

2010teams-mel-her.jpg

1. Billy Slater 2. Matt Duffie 3. Dane Nielsen 4. Greg Inglis 5. Anthony Quinn 6. Brett Finch 7. Cooper Cronk
8. Bryan Norrie 9. Ryan Hinchcliffe 10. Jeff Lima 11. Adam Blair 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Todd Lowrie

Interchange: 14. Rory Kostjasyn 15. Kevin Proctor 16. Ryan Tandy 17. Brett White; Reserves: 18. Sika Manu

2010ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Ben Cummins & Chris James
Sideline Officials: Ricky McFarlane & Henry Perenara; Video Referee: Phil Cooley

Toyota Cup Round 10
Raiders v Storm @ Canberra, Sat 5:15pm

QRL Intrust Super Cup Round 9
Central (BRI) v Souths Logan (CAN) @ Browne Park, Sat 7:00pm

NSW Cup Round 10
Canterbury (CBY) v Melbourne (MEL) @ The Crest, Sat 3:00pm

nrl2010-r10canmel.jpg

Last edited:

Noa

First Grade
Storm will bounce back but will be a tough game.Looking forward to seeing Sika Manu back and also Gareth Widdop at FB if Billy misses a game.

bileduct

Coach
What exactly is the "heritage" between Melbourne and Canberra anyway?

They both won premierships whilst over the cap?

Oh well, at least we still have ours.

Timmah

Staff member
:lol: With that silly logo in your avatar you look like a Storm fan. Sad case.

As for heritage, I guess the link is that they're the two "southern" teams...

bileduct

Coach
Raiders should have a few key players returning from injury for this game. With the Cheats somewhat depleted through injury, and the Raiders fully rested after the bye and needing to prove themselves at home, this should go to the home team.

bileduct

Coach

According to the Centenary of Rugby League website the matchups are selected based on the "era" that teams joined the competition.

If the Steelers were around they'd be the natural choice for heritage round matches involving the Raiders. Not sure why they've jumped past Brisbane, Auckland/NZ and Gold Coast to match the Raiders against the f**kin' Cheats.

Timmah

Staff member
According to the Centenary of Rugby League website the matchups are selected based on the "era" that teams joined the competition.

If the Steelers were around they'd be the natural choice for heritage round matches involving the Raiders. Not sure why they've jumped past Brisbane, Auckland/NZ and Gold Coast to match the Raiders against the f**kin' Cheats.
The Heritage Round listing mentions that these were both successful expansion areas and links them on that basis.

bileduct

Coach

Pete Cash

Post Whore
What will be interesting this game is to see how Josh Dugan handles it (if he is fit to play). He has been in the papers in a massive way of late, Bob Fulton compared him to Graeme Langlands, he has been talked up a lot by various Rugby League commentators.

If he puts in a big game this week it shows he has the right stuff mentally.

Timmah

Staff member
We'll win another 2 officially before you guys get close.
Another two?

Good to see you did your research.

1989 - Canberra Raiders

1990 - Canberra Raiders

1994 - Canberra Raiders

:lol:

Exactly...one dimensional thought process...obsessed with trolling Storm.

Noa

First Grade
Another two?

Good to see you did your research.

1989 - Canberra Raiders

1990 - Canberra Raiders

1994 - Canberra Raiders

:lol:

OMG the Raiders won in those years, I must have gave myself the name Noa Nandruku because I was a big fan of the Hong Kong 7's

Anyway whats so hard to understand there, we'll win 2 titles before the Raiders even sniff their next GF.

Thats pretty unambiguous if you ask me .

Paullyboy

Coach
I honestly don't understand the people who are so angry at the Storm. Sure some people did some dodgy things, but I got plenty of entertainment watching them over the years and would rather have those memories than to ever watch another Sharks game.