What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R12 | Fri | Dragons 30-0 Eels | WIN Jubilee

Result: Dragons v Eels

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2010teams-stg-main.jpg

1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Beau Scott 4. Matt Cooper 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby (c)
8. Matt Prior 9. Luke Priddis 10. Michael Weyman 11. Neville Costigan 12. Ben Creagh 13. Dean Young​

Interchange: 14. Jon Green 15. Jarrod Saffy 16. Trent Merrin 17. Michael Greenfield
Reserves: 19. Kyle Stanley

2010teams-par-alt.jpg

1. Jarryd Hayne 2. Luke Burt 3. Joel Reddy 4. Timana Tahu 5. Eric Grothe 6. Kris Keating 7. Daniel Mortimer
8. Nathan Cayless (C) 9. Jeff Robson 10. Fuifui Moimoi 11. Nathan Hindmarsh (C) 12. Ben Smith 13. Feleti Mateo

Interchange: 14. Matt Keating 15. Tim Mannah 16. Justin Horo 17. Justin Poore
Reserves: 19. Krisnan Inu

2010ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Jared Maxwell and Ben Cummins
Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis and Grant Atkins; Video Referee: Sean Hampstead

Toyota Cup Round 12
Dragons v Eels @ WIN Jubilee, Friday 5:20pm

NSW Cup Round 12
Shellharbour (STG) v Cronulla (CRO) @ Ron Costello, Sun 3:00pm
Wentworthville (PAR) v Canterbury (CBY) @ Ringrose, Sun 3:00pm

nrl-r12-stgpar.jpg

Last edited:

grandorient

Bench
Both teams off a loss should be fired up for this one.

Dragons by a few, mainly due to home ground advantage. Although will be a tough one due to players backing up and the injury toll.

GO

Rovelli

Bench
Oh the anomalies of the draft...these teams played in R1, and play again in R12 (though the Tigers/Roosters played twice by about R8).

Close match this, home ground advantage for me swings this in favour of the Dragons, so long as their guys back up alright.

typicalfan

Coach
Matt Cooper won't back up and Michael Weyman unlikely as well. Parra are far less affected and are looking to bounce back.

typicalfan

Coach
Parra have been warming into some form though, forget the Sharks game just like we should forget the Dragons v Raiders game, they don't give you good form guidelines, the Eels had just beaten Manly away from home prior to that.

Cooper said he couldn't play in the country v city game because his body doesn't back up well so if that is true he won't play on Friday night.

_Johnsy

Referee
With the injuries we have and the number of players backing up Parra should win. Parra were awful last week, I doubt if they'll play that bad two weeks in a row.

Will be a close one, I'll leave the tip until teams are named, and who is/isn't backing up.

_Johnsy

Referee
Cooper said he couldn't play in the country v city game because his body doesn't back up well so if that is true he won't play on Friday night.

Umm, no The country medical staff went over him & he wasn't able to train until very late i the week. They ruled him out. Laurie Daley confirmed this on NRL on fox. I'd actually believe the coach over general media reports.

natheel

Coach
this will be a good game, and will depend how ur boys back up after origin id say we wont have Tahu due to his ankle and the 2 days but im sure he will do whatever necessary to play tbh same with ur boys backing up. im favouring our boys by 4-8 pts. mainly coz they will want to prove themselves after the manly win and followed by losing to sharks. both teams will be keen though

Doomednow

Bench
Eels. Less affected by Origin and injuries, will be in better shape to show up after both teams lost to teams they feel they should beat.

thommo4pm

Coach
Close game this one.

Can't see why Cooper wont back up.
Weyman is the only one who I think may not back up....but even still I'd think he might be a chance.

Morris & Boyd should be certainties to back up, barring injury.
Creagh backed up after City/Country the following night.
Costigan, just hope his Hamstring comes through ok.

If Reddy & Hindmarsh are fit, Parra should be favourites, if they are out, along with Tahu (who would be unlikely to play), it could be a close match.

Beau Scott is definitely back, Jeremy Smith is out until Rd 15.
Hunt is a big loss for us, and Emmett is also very doubtful.

Saints possible side:
1. Boyd
2. Morris
3. Scott
4. Cooper
5. Nighty
6. Soward
7. Hornby

8. Saffy
9. Priddis
10. Merrin - assume no Weyman
11. Prior
12. Creagh
13. Young

14. Green
15. Greenfield
16. Stanley
17. Costigan - only on the bench due to backing up from origin.

Think Thorby will miss out this week for us.

I haven't included, Jeremy Smith(rd 15), Nathan Fien(rd 19-20), Michael Weyman(rd 13), Nick Emmett(rd 13), Dan Hunt(season)

Gaba

First Grade
All what the dragons have to do is do the tactic to nullify hayne , then they should win

to_ddeath

Coach
Can't see us getting up against Parra here... too many either injured or backing up, big lesson if any of our debutantes back & up play again this weekend... though I think we will go close trying to win it, Parra are entitled to be narrow favourites under the circumstances. Tomorrow night might help paint a clearer picture as well...

T.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I'm worried about this one. The Eels have by and large been crap this year, but they tend to fire up against us (and Canterbury and Manly). Some juicy match-ups if both teams are at full strength. Hayne vs Boyd, Fui Fui vs Weyman, Tahu vs Cooper, Hindmarsh vs Creagh.

Anon

Bench
Dragons won't be at full strength even in the unlikely event all six of our origin players back up. We'll still be without Dan Hunt, Jeremy Smith, Nathan Fein & Nick Emmett:)

Latest posts