What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R13 | Sat | Panthers 28-10 Knights | CUA

Result: Panthers v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2010teams-pen-main.jpg

1. Lachlan Coote 2. Michael Gordon 3. Michael Jennings 4. Adrian Purtell 5. Brad Tighe 6. Travis Burns 7. Luke Walsh
8. Tim Grant 9. Kevin Kingston 10. Matthew Bell 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Trent Waterhouse 13. Luke Lewis

Interchange: 14. Masada Iosefa 15. Nathan Smith 16. Sam McKendry 17. Wade Graham
Reserves: 18. Frank Puletua

2010teams-nwc-alt.jpg

1. Wes Naiqama 2. Akuila Uate 3. Junior Sa'u 4. Adam MacDougall 5. James McManus 6. Jarrod Mullen 7. Kurt Gidley (c)
8. Ben Cross 9. Isaac De Gois 10. Dan Tolar 11. Steve Simpson 12. Cory Paterson 13. Zeb Taia

Interchange: 14. Matt Hilder 15. Cameron Ciraldo 16. Richie Fa'aoso 17. Con Mika
Reserves: 18. Joel Edwards

2010ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Jason Robinson and Brett Suttor
Sideline Officials: Luke Potter and Adam Reid
Video Referee: Russell Smith

Toyota Cup Round 13
Panthers v Knights @ CUA, Saturday 3:15pm (FOX 2 Live)

NSW Cup Round 13
Cronulla (CRO) v Windsor (PEN) @ Henson, Sat 1:00pm
North Sydney (SOU) v Central Coast (NWC) @ North Sydney, Sun 3:00pm

nrl-r13pennwc.jpg

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
Without Petero and Pritchard as well as injuries to a number of depth players...I'm not confident.

perverse

Referee
well, we played the tigers back into form in round 11... and after a round 12 bye i'm sure the knights will be flat as hell and completely non-committal in defence (as they have been all year).

panthers to win, chuck a dart at a dartboard to decide by how many.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
well, we played the tigers back into form in round 11... and after a round 12 bye i'm sure the knights will be flat as hell and completely non-committal in defence (as they have been all year).

panthers to win, chuck a dart at a dartboard to decide by how many.
:lol: I like the optimism.

perverse

Referee
:lol: I like the optimism.
just telling it how it is unfortunately. unless the coaches have absolutely whipped the sh*t out of the boys over the bye and instilled a winning attitude in the team seemingly overnight then i'd say i won't be far off the mark.

i'm hardly happy about it. :(

Jobdog

Live Update Team
just telling it how it is unfortunately. unless the coaches have absolutely whipped the sh*t out of the boys over the bye and instilled a winning attitude in the team seemingly overnight then i'd say i won't be far off the mark.

i'm hardly happy about it. :(
Yes, we haven't defended well all year, and yes we sucked epically against the Tigers, but the team that runs out on Saturday night will be different to the one that played 11 days ago. Mullo, De Gois, Doogs, Gids are all back, along with Jimmy although he may be short of a gallop after not playing for 12 months. It'll be a tough ask, no doubt about it, but we have a pretty good record at Penrith and our team looks stronger with those names back in it.

perverse

Referee
i still hold on some hope that mullen will come good...

so much promise... yet has delivered so very little this year.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Teams and officials for Saturday:

Penrith Panthers v Newcastle Knights
Saturday 5 June 2010, 5:30pm AEST - CUA Stadium, Penrith
Referees: Jason Robinson and Brett Suttor; Sideline Officials: Luke Potter and Adam Reid; Video Referee: Russell Smith

Panthers: 1. Lachlan Coote 2. Michael Gordon 3. Michael Jennings 4. Adrian Purtell 5. Brad Tighe 6. Travis Burns 7. Luke Walsh 8. Tim Grant 9. Kevin Kingston 10. Matthew Bell 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Trent Waterhouse 13. Luke Lewis
Interchange: 14. Masada Iosefa 15. Nathan Smith 16. Sam McKendry 17. Wade Graham; Reserves: 18. Frank Puletua
Knights: 1. Wes Naiqama 2. Akuila Uate 3. Junior Sa'u 4. Adam MacDougall 5. James McManus 6. Jarrod Mullen 7. Kurt Gidley (c) 8. Ben Cross 9. Isaac De Gois 10. Dan Tolar 11. Steve Simpson 12. Cory Paterson 13. Zeb Taia
Interchange: 14. Matt Hilder 15. Cameron Ciraldo 16. Richie Fa'aoso 17. Con Mika; Reserves: 18. Joel Edwards

NRL Teams R13: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19347

mxlegend99

Referee
I was confident of a win here until the teams were named. The Panthers team looks very weak with Petero and Pritchard missing, while the Knights team is much stronger after welcoming back several of their injured players.

Kurt Gidley also loves to tear us a new one when he plays us. He will carve us up like he did when used at hooker. Hopefully Origin selectors don't pick the team based on how he plays against us.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Tipping us to win because we are at home, despite the Knights good record against us. Most of those games were with a certain A.Johns in the team.

perverse

Referee
a Knights/Panthers half/full time bet would probably be a decent little money spinner for this match.

typicalfan

Coach
When I see Wes at fullback I think of the time when Benji limped past him beating him for pace to score.

Maybe Matt Bell or Gavin Cooper can do the same for the Penny's.

Panthers 28-12 IMO.

Bicey_18

Bench
Panthers have only beaten Newcastle three times at Penrith in 20 YEARS! Knights to get up by 8

Kilkenny

Coach
Panthers have only beaten Newcastle three times at Penrith in 20 YEARS! Knights to get up by 8

Records are made to be broken.

We haven't a female win the French Open Tennis Championship since Margaret Court but we have a chance now with Sam Stosur.

Yes the Knights have been a bogey side for the Panthers and Kurt Kidley was single handedly responsible for your last victory at CUA but 2010 is a new game.

The heavy rain and heavy ground is gonna be a major factor and personally I have no idea which side will handle the conditions better.

As I drove home from work today the water is pooling in the fields, roads, grounds and just about everywhere.

CUA while having good drainage is still likely to be waterlogged so I have no idea which side is likely to handle the conditions better.

Latest posts