What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R15 | Fri DH | Broncos 12-22 Panthers | Suncorp

Result: Broncos v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2010teams-bri-main.jpg

1. Josh Hoffman 2. Antonio Winterstein 3. Alex Glenn 4. Israel Folau 5. Jharal Yow Yeh 6. Darren Lockyer 7. Peter Wallace
8. Shane Tronc 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Lagi Setu 11. Ben Te'o 12. Sam Thaiday 13. Corey Parker

Interchange: 14. Ben Hunt 15. Matt Gillett 16. Mitchell Dodds 17. Ashton Sims
Reserves: 18. Nick Kenny 19. Scott Anderson 20. Josh McGuire

2010teams-pen-alt.jpg

1. Lachlan Coote 2. Michael Gordon 3. Michael Jennings 4. Adrian Purtell 5. Brad Tighe 6. Wade Graham 7. Luke Walsh
8. Tim Grant 9. Kevin Kingston 10. Matthew Bell 11. Trent Waterhouse 12. Frank Pritchard 13. Luke Lewis

Interchange: 14. Masada Iosefa 15. Nathan Smith 16. Sam McKendry 17. Gavin Cooper
Reserves: 18. Frank Puletua

2010ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Gavin Badger and Brett Suttor
Sideline Officials: Gavin Morris and Russell Turner
Video Referee: Steve Clark

Toyota Cup Round 15
Broncos v Panthers @ Suncorp, Fri 4:45pm

QRL Intrust Super Cup Round 14
Sunshine Coast (MAN) v Wynnum Manly (BRI) @ Stockland, Sat 2:00pm
Mackay (NQL) v Redcliffe (BRI) @ Mackay Jnrs, Sat 5:30pm
Central (BRI) v Easts (BRI) @ Browne Pk, Sat 7:00pm
Norths (BRI) v Ipswich (GCO) @ Bishop Pk, Sun 3:00pm

NSW Cup Round 15
Auckland (NZW) v Windsor (PEN) @ Mt Smart #2, Sat 1:00pm

nrl-r15bripen.jpg

Last edited:

user_nat

Coach
Might depend on who backs up from Origin, but if we play like we did Sunday.. it shouldn't matter.

Mr Saab

Referee
Broncos should be too strong for us in their current form at Suncorp but I'll wait for our lineup.

Oh come on...you can do better than that! Support your team...bad mouth the Broncos...just like you do in every thread.
Very dissapointing Pantherz.

Doomednow

Bench
Broncos absolutely kicking butt lately, but if we can stop their run we might prove we can go all the way. Not super confident, but I picked the visitors.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Pantherz?

I thought he went for the Storm?

I don't go for the Storm and never have gone for them as a no 1 side. They were only like a 2nd team when Penrith got knocked out of the comp, which to remind you was before the finals 5 years running, which we have all been very frustrated by. Now the Storm are cheats and may as well not be in the comp this year. I wish I hadn't of gone for them as a 2nd team and I know it doesn't look good retrospectively but I did like them at the time as I have some family there and was born there. I support only Penrith in the NRL, the only matches I attend are Penrith games. That's the end of the story thanks very much, now you can all stop talking about me as I'm really not that interesting, let's just discuss the game.

Penrith will be up against it here. Our last two visits to Suncorp have ended up in us being humiliated. I hope the Broncos won't have the same drive and hunger this week that they did last week. Hopefully they are due for an off game. Walsh will play to his strengths and bomb Hoffman, but Hoffman's really risen to the challenge of NRL footy. The Broncos are favourites here and the pressure is on them to keep winning. If their form continues they probably beat us by 12-20 points but if they struggle to backup, we could get them by 1-5 points.

Last edited:

pantherz9103

First Grade
Oh come on...you can do better than that! Support your team...bad mouth the Broncos...just like you do in every thread.
Very dissapointing Pantherz.

I'm being serious. Yes I dislike the Broncos as is my right as a footy fan but I know how good they are when they are on a roll. They have a winning culture and things need to go against them before the tide will turn, like injuries or some bad refereeing calls. The little things might be going their way but they are playing a very high energy game and the defence has improved 200%. I'm expecting the Broncos to make the top 4 and go deep into the finals on their current form, I just hope my team is competitive on Friday Night unlike last years horrible 58-24 loss with the 40-0 2nd half. We are coming 2nd but really, we've beaten some poorly performing teams. Against in form teams we've still struggled.

I am just being honest.

Pantherz tbh- Its amazing how Penrith are coming 2nd. They only score tries off kicks. When the bombs stop falling for Penrith we'll see how good they are :p

Not enjoying the Broncos surge of wins. Not fond of them myself but they are premiership contenders. Hopefully Corey Norman plays because he's in my fantasy team. He killed it against Souths.

Broncos to win but not too comfortably because they might struggle to keep up such form. Broncos 28 Panthers 18. Panthers 3 tries to come off flukey kicks :lol: If only Cronulla had someone better than Tim Smith to set up flukey tries, oh well.

6 people tipping Penrith? hahaha serious? :lol: Sharks have more to offer the NRL than that club.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Pantherz tbh- Its amazing how Penrith are coming 2nd. They only score tries off kicks. When the bombs stop falling for Penrith we'll see how good they are :p

Not enjoying the Broncos surge of wins. Not fond of them myself but they are premiership contenders. Hopefully Corey Norman plays because he's in my fantasy team. He killed it against Souths.

Broncos to win but not too comfortably because they might struggle to keep up such form. Broncos 28 Panthers 18. Panthers 3 tries to come off flukey kicks :lol: If only Cronulla had someone better than Tim Smith to set up flukey tries, oh well.

6 people tipping Penrith? hahaha serious? :lol: Sharks have more to offer the NRL than that club.
Panthers are a much better team then the Sharks. You don't even need to look at the ladder to know that. Although it does help prove the point.

You might consider scoring tries off kicks a fluke... but to do so consistently requires skill. If it didn't then all teams would be doing it. You're also giving too much credit to the halfback... it's the chase that's important. We have numbers chasing the kicks and plenty of them are skilled at regathering the ball and offloading if they get tackled.

That said i'm not sure the Panthers are capable of stopping the Broncos running riot. Our defence is almost non-existent against the top sides... and the Broncos are better form then any of the teams we've faced so far. They'll put 40+ on us IMO.

Panthers are a much better team then the Sharks. You don't even need to look at the ladder to know that. Although it does help prove the point.

You might consider scoring tries off kicks a fluke... but to do so consistently requires skill. If it didn't then all teams would be doing it. You're also giving too much credit to the halfback... it's the chase that's important. We have numbers chasing the kicks and plenty of them are skilled at regathering the ball and offloading if they get tackled.

That said i'm not sure the Panthers are capable of stopping the Broncos running riot. Our defence is almost non-existent against the top sides... and the Broncos are better form then any of the teams we've faced so far. They'll put 40+ on us IMO.

I feel sorry for you about the upcoming slide down the ladder and still having supercoach Elliot in charge! :lol: You will love it. NOT!

murraymob

First Grade
I feel sorry for you about the upcoming slide down the ladder and still having supercoach Elliot in charge! :lol: You will love it. NOT!

you would have been one of those saying the same thing in 2003.As for scoring tries of kicks last time i checked it was still 4 points no matter how you score.
We will beat the ponies in a close game.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Brisbane Broncos v Penrith Panthers
Friday 18 June 2010, 7:00pm AEST - Suncorp Stadium Double Header
Referees: Gavin Badger and Brett Suttor; Sideline Officials: Gavin Morris and Russell Turner; Video Referee: Steve Clark

Broncos: 1. Josh Hoffman 2. Antonio Winterstein 3. Alex Glenn 4. Israel Folau 5. Jharal Yow Yeh 6. Darren Lockyer 7. Peter Wallace 8. Shane Tronc 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Lagi Setu 11. Ben Te'o 12. Sam Thaiday 13. Corey Parker
Interchange: 14. Ben Hunt 15. Matt Gillett 16. Mitchell Dodds 17. Ashton Sims; Reserves: 18. Nick Kenny 19. Scott Anderson 20. Josh McGuire
Panthers: 1. Lachlan Coote 2. Michael Gordon 3. Michael Jennings 4. Adrian Purtell 5. Brad Tighe 6. Wade Graham 7. Luke Walsh 8. Tim Grant 9. Kevin Kingston 10. Matthew Bell 11. Trent Waterhouse 12. Frank Pritchard 13. Luke Lewis
Interchange: 14. Masada Iosefa 15. Nathan Smith 16. Sam McKendry 17. Gavin Cooper; Reserves: 18. Frank Puletua

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19402

you would have been one of those saying the same thing in 2003.As for scoring tries of kicks last time i checked it was still 4 points no matter how you score.
We will beat the ponies in a close game.

Your supposed to be predicting the outcome of the game in real life, not your dreams for the next few nights.

franklin2323

Immortal
Covellus you are a fool!!!! look at the stats every team scores high percentage off kicks. Except fot the Sharks because they can't score off kicks or not.

We are 3rd in long range tries too numnuts. not to mention the most points scored comp wide over 1/2 way through the season hardly flukes for so long.

On to this game. We are fresh Broncos have a short turnaround. They have 3 backing up we have 1. Besides Petero and Hodges no injuries. Yes Broncos are in good form but teams can't keep it up for long periods. So will this week be the week they have a shocker who knows.

Either way we should win this game close 1 prob 10 or under

renouf

Juniors
If all players backup Brisbane will win, if Lockyer is out then I'd say it could go either way.

Latest posts