What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R17 | Mon | Dragons 8-12 Panthers | WIN Jubilee

Result: Dragons v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2010teams-stg-main.jpg

1. Jason Nightingale 2. Michael Lett 3. Kyle Stanley 4. Matt Prior 5. Kalifa Faifai-loa 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby
8. Jon Green 9. Luke Priddis 10. Ricky Thorby 11. Jeremy Smith 12. Ben Creagh 13. Dean Young

Interchange: 14. Michael Greenfield 15. Trent Merrin 16. Nick Emmett 17. Jarrod Saffy
Reserves: 18. Jake Marketo 19. Mark Gasnier

2010teams-pen-main.jpg

1. Lachlan Coote 2. David Simmons 3. Brad Tighe 4. Adrian Purtell 5. Sandor Earl 6. Travis Burns 7. Wade Graham
8. Tim Grant 9.Kevin Kingston 10. Matthew Bell 11. Frank Pritchard 12. Trent Waterhouse 13. Joseph Paulo

Interchange: 14. Masada Iosefa 15. Gavin Cooper 16. Nathan Smith 17. Sam McKendry
Reserves: 18. Frank Puletua

2010ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Jared Maxwell and Brett Suttor
Touch Judges: Grant Atkins and Daniel Eastwood
Video Referee: Chris Ward

Toyota Cup Round 17
Dragons v Panthers @ WIN Jubilee, Mon 4:45pm

NSW Cup Round 17
Shellharbour (STG), Windsor (PEN) Bye

nrlr17-stgpen.jpg

Last edited:

jpaciocco91

Juniors
What would have been a memorable clash has been f**ked up by a pointless State Of Origin game. The result will depend on whoever is affected most by SOO, winning team won't win by more than 8 points. Go Saints.

Gaba

First Grade
Last year when these 2 teams played during the origin period , dragons were missing thier forwards and Boyd and costigan

Dragons won that game

this year think the dragons will be stronger then last year in their playing ranks, for example creagh , maybe costigan.

Panthers are a better team also then last year

Last edited:

Jono1987

Juniors
Wouldn't be surprised too see Gasnier play just to get more people through the gate. Both teams will be missing multiple players and the game is going to be played on a cold Monday night. In any case I think we'll get up as we have the bye the following week.

Saints 26
Panthers 16

FTS GASNIER!
MOM Soward

Sleep

Juniors
Until the Origin teams are announced it's going to be pretty tough to pick a winner in this game. I think it's fair to say both teams are going to be severely down in numbers though.

Dragons are already without Cooper and Weyman. On top of that they'll potentially be losing Boyd, Morris, Creagh, Costigan and Scott.

The Panthers will potentially be without Jennings, Gordon, Civoniceva, Waterhouse and Lewis.

I don't know that you can really blame the scheduling on this one because at the start of the season, who outside of Greg Alexander actually believed the Panthers would be doing this well.

Here's hoping the NSW selectors continue laying eggs and pick Josh Morris instead of Jennings and Bird instead of Lewis. :pray:

11Straight

Juniors
Hard one to pick but i think we will be missing a couple of more players than the pennies.

Going with my head on this one and say panthers by 6.

pantherz9103

First Grade
We haven't beaten the Dragons for 4 years and with the players out I'm not sure how we are going to do it this time. I think some Dragons will be dropped from NSW and they have Gasnier coming in so it will be a tough ask. Luke Lewis is such a great driving force for our team as is Petero. It should be a close game either way though.

Last edited:

Anon

Bench
Dragons will be missing Boyd, Morris, Scott, Cooper, Costigan, Weyman, Hunt & Fein.
Panthers will be missing Gordon, Jennings, Lewis, Civinoceva & Elford.

Doomednow

Bench
I think dragons will win this one. Though I'm not expecting much I'm interested to see how we manage, how much Tighe, Grant, Graham, and Pritchard step up. I suspect regardless of the outcome Coote will be running his guts out all match and chasing alot of kicks. I hope Walsh brings his game with him. We will miss Gordon's conversions too.

Rovelli

Bench
Really tough one to pick - the Panthers are more affected by Origin than was perhaps expected, with Gordon and Jennings getting the call-up too. I don't think there will be a lot in this one, but the return of the prodigal son (Gasnier) will spark the Dragons to a tight win. Pity that this match between by far and away the best two teams in the NRL (so far this season) clash with neither anywhere near full-strength.

TheFrog

Coach
Also Walsh not named in Panthers side, Wade Graham is 7, Travis Burns is 6. This makes it an especially tough assignment for Penrith. I have many memories of the Panthers travelling to Jubilee in good form only to be given a nasty drubbing. Hoping history doesn't repeat but this is a really tough away game with so many out.

thommo4pm

Coach
The side named by Bennett will not be the team that starts.

Prior will be in the front row, with Gaz in the centres.

Bet your life he doesn't start with Green & Thorby in the front row.
It will be Prior and Merrin or Saffy.

Our backrow looks great.
Smith
Creagh
Young.

Saints have a pretty good side still, given 8 players out through SOO/Injury/suspension.