What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R17 | Fri | Broncos 14-16 Tigers | Suncorp

Result: Broncos v Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2010teams-bri-main.jpg

1. Josh Hoffman 2. Jharal Yow Yeh 3. Matt Gillett 4. Ben Te'o 5. Antonio Winterstein 6. Corey Norman 7. Peter Wallace
8. Shane Tronc 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Nick Kenny 11. Ashton Sims 12. Lagi Setu 13. Corey Parker

Interchange: 14. Ben Hunt 15. Mitchell Dodds 16. Scott Anderson 17. Josh McGuire

2010teams-wst-wes.jpg

1. Wade McKinnon 2. Lote Tuqiri 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Geoff Daniela 6. Benji Marshall 7. Daniel Fitzhenry
8. Bryce Gibbs 9. Robbie Farah 10. Keith Galloway 11. Todd Payten 12. Gareth Ellis 13. Chris Heighington

Interchange: 14. Andrew Fifita 15. Liam Fulton 16. Simon Dwyer 17. Mitch Brown
Reserves: 18. Nathan Waters

2010ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Matt Cecchin and Ben Cummins
Touch Judges: Ricky McFarlane and Jeff Younis
Video Referee: Sean Hampstead

Toyota Cup Round 17
Broncos v Tigers @ Suncorp, Fri 5:20pm

QRL Intrust Super Cup Round 15
Easts (BRI) v Sunshine Coast (MAN) @ Langlands Pk, Sat 2:00pm
Redcliffe (BRI) v Central (BRI) @ Dolphin Oval, Sat 2:00pm
Mackay (NQL) v Norths (BRI) @ Mackay Juniors, Sun 3:00pm
Souths Logan (CAN) v Wynnum Manly (BRI) @ Davies Park, Sun 3:00pm

NSW Cup Round 17
Newtown (SYD) v Balmain Ryde-Eastwood (WST) @ Henson, Sat 3:00pm
Western Suburbs (WST) Bye

nrlr17-briwst.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Saab

Referee
Broncos by anything without their 3 origin players. I hope NSW select Lawrence and Farah tonight.
IF Brisbane win this they will then be well on their way to another finals appearance..esp with the bye the week after...will put them on 22 points.

jarro

Juniors
Going to be a big game for us .... especially with the bye the following week.

Our marker defense will have to be spot on or else the Tigers little blokes will wreak havoc on us.

Rovelli

Bench
Favouring the Broncos at the moment, but the Tigers were unlucky last week to lose by 24 points to the Dragons. They could give the Broncos a fright this week.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Without Heather, Thaiday and Folau, we're a better overall side no question. Broncos still have a good team but those three guys are their 3 best players and have been all year. As mentioned earlier though, Fitzy at halfback would seem to spell certain doom for our chances this week. I am not confident and could see a big score-line as we underestimate the Broncs.

Eaglestar

Juniors
With the 3 players out for Broncos it evens this game up. So i can't pick a winner at this stage i think will be very close either way.. Toss a coin.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Brisbane Broncos v Wests Tigers
Friday 2 July 2010, 7:35pm AEST - Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Referees: Matt Cecchin and Ben Cummins; Touch Judges: Ricky McFarlane and Jeff Younis; Video Referee: Sean Hampstead

Broncos
:
1. Josh Hoffman 2. Jharal Yow Yeh 3. Matt Gillett 4. Ben Te'o 5. Antonio Winterstein 6. Corey Norman 7. Peter Wallace 8. Shane Tronc 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Nick Kenny 11. Ashton Sims 12. Lagi Setu 13. Corey Parker
Interchange: 14. Ben Hunt 15. Mitchell Dodds 16. Scott Anderson 17. Josh McGuire
Tigers: 1. Wade McKinnon 2. Lote Tuqiri 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Geoff Daniela 6. Benji Marshall 7. Daniel Fitzhenry 8. Bryce Gibbs 9. Robbie Farah 10. Keith Galloway 11. Todd Payten 12. Gareth Ellis 13. Chris Heighington
Interchange: 14. Andrew Fifita 15. Liam Fulton 16. Simon Dwyer 17. Mitch Brown; Reserves: 18. Nathan Waters

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19488

Mr Saab

Referee
With Fitz at halfback the game is a toss of the coin. Thank you Tim Shines for picking Fitzy... i hope Fitzy cleaned up the mess after the team selection meeting.

Big game for both teams, the team that wins will almost have a top 8 spot locked down, the losers could be sitting 8th by the end of the weekend.

Big Pete

Referee
Tigers are heavy favorites for mine and they should be too much trouble out wide for the Broncos to contain.

Will be interesting to see Tuqiri return to Suncorp. The last time he played League there I believe he scored within the first two minutes.

gronkathon

First Grade
LAWRENCE TO MOVE TO FIVE-EIGHTH FOR BRONCOS GAME

1/07/2010 11:27:34 AM

Wests Tigers centre Chris Lawrence will move to five-eighth for tomorrow night's blockbuster match against the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium.
It will be Lawrence's first NRL game as a starting five-eighth. Benji Marshall will move from five-eighth to half-back.
Geoff Daniela will move from wing to centre with Daniel Fitzhenry, originally named at half-back, moving to the wing to replace Daniela.
You will soon hear more about the positional changes on WTV after captain Robbie Farah, winger Lote Tuqiri and Assistant Coach Peter Gentle spoke to the media this morning.
WTV is just another reason why this official club website remains the most trusted and popular website for all Wests Tigers news. Nothing but true facts, not rumours.

www.weststigers.com.au

The Gambler

Juniors
Hmmm. I guess he would of gone to 6 last week isntead of Ayshford, except for the fact that Sheens would of been giving him a crack at the Origin centre spot.