What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R18 | Fri | Roosters 18-14 Rabbitohs | SFS

Result: Roosters v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2010teams-syd-her.jpg

1. Anthony Minichiello 2. Phil Graham 3. Kane Linnett 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 5. Sam Perrett 6. Todd Carney 7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jason Ryles 9. Jake Friend 10. Nate Myles 11. Frank Paul Nuuausala 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Braith Anasta

Interchange: 14. Martin Kennedy 15. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 16. Mose Masoe 17. Nick Kouparitsas

2010teams-sou-alt.jpg

1. Rhys Wesser 2. Nathan Merritt 3. Beau Champion 4. Colin Best 5. Fetuli Talanoa 6. John Sutton 7. Chris Sandow
8. Luke Stuart 9. Beau Falloon 10. Roy Asotasi 11. Sam Burgess 12. Dave Taylor 13. Ben Lowe

Interchange: 14. Garret Crossman 15. Eddy Pettybourne 16. Dave Tyrell 17. Jason Clark
Reserves: 18. Michael Crocker

2010ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Gavin Badger and Ashley Klein
Touch Judges: Phil Haines and Russell Turner
Video Referee: Sean Hampstead

Toyota Cup Round 18
Roosters v Rabbitohs @ SFS, Fri 5:15pm

ARL Schoolboys Cup
TBC v TBC @ SFS, Fri 3:50pm

NSW Cup Round 18
Melbourne (MEL) v Newtown (SYD) @ Olympic Pk, Sat 3:00pm
North Sydney (SOU) v Cronulla (CRO) @ North Sydney, Sat 3:00pm

nrl-r18sydsou.jpg

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
Cannot wait for this game!

I only wish Luke was playing so it could be a full strength battle

Nemesis

Bench
Rooster's website says Graham, Anasta & Masoe in some doubt due to injuries from the Canbraaa game.... with Myles & Pearce backing up from SOO within 48hrs.
Also, travel fatigue from their last 2 away games games in NZ & ACT and short 5 day turnaround may take its toll.

Rabbitohs are without Luke, but have a more than capable replacement in Falloon. We'll be fresh after the bye and our forwards should be too strong.

Souths by 14...

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Well, here we are again.

Time for retribution after the ambush in round one chaps.

Smith will have them scooting out of dummy half, as it worked so well last time. We will be ready this time, and more match fit than round 1.

No excuses with Luke out, and if we win this, I doubt you will pass us on the table, with us being virtually two games ahead.

Thus, big game for both clubs, and in the end I don't care if it is by one point.

I cannot wait for the match.

CMUX

The roosters yet again find themselves with an opportunity to win 2 games on the trot. I reckon the boys are conscious of the fact that they need to start stringing games together and even though we unluckily lost last weekend it was still quite a good performance and this is the week for 2 in a row!!!

adamkungl

Immortal
Winner could move up as far as 3rd place...big game for both sides. I think i read somewhere that it's the first time in over 20 years that these 2 sides have faced while both being in finals contention. Hopefully we get a game worthy of a finals match. A taste of what Grand Final day will be like ;)

Bumble

First Grade
Winner could move up as far as 3rd place...big game for both sides. I think i read somewhere that it's the first time in over 20 years that these 2 sides have faced while both being in finals contention. Hopefully we get a game worthy of a finals match. A taste of what Grand Final day will be like ;)

This man knows. :cool:

Can't way for Friday. Should be a cracker.

Tom Ace

Bench
I tipped a win, but continuing on with our form guide this year, this should be a loss.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
"Nevertheless, for more than 30 years, the Roosters had it pretty much their own way. Professionalism. Sponsorship. The big end of town.

"We had to watch it all, green with envy. But that's over now. The pendulum that has swung back and forth between our clubs for 100 years is back with us."

Book of Feuds

Paul Hewson

Juniors

With Tigers playing the Titans then 4th is the best result after this week. Just shows how big a game it is for both teams. It is the first time that both teams have played each other this late in the season with both being in the semi final race. I don't think I can remember the last time. Perhaps 87?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sydney Roosters v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Friday 9 July 2010, 7:35pm AEST - Sydney Football Stadium
Referees: Gavin Badger and Ashley Klein; Touch Judges: Phil Haines and Russell Turner; Video Referee: Sean Hampstead.

Roosters: 1. Anthony Minichiello 2. Phil Graham 3. Kane Linnett 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 5. Sam Perrett 6. Todd Carney 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Jason Ryles 9. Jake Friend 10. Nate Myles 11. Frank Paul Nuuausala 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Braith Anasta
Interchange: 14. Martin Kennedy 15. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 16. Mose Masoe 17. Nick Kouparitsas
Rabbitoths: 1. Rhys Wesser 2. Nathan Merritt 3. Beau Champion 4. Colin Best 5. Fetuli Talanoa 6. John Sutton 7. Chris Sandow 8. Luke Stuart 9. Beau Falloon 10. Roy Asotasi 11. Sam Burgess 12. Dave Taylor 13. Ben Lowe
Interchange: 14. Garret Crossman 15. Eddy Pettybourne 16. Dave Tyrell 17. Jason Clark

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19524

adamkungl

Immortal
That's the side I expect Roosters to take into the semi finals. We have James Aubusson, Symonds, Conn, Paea and Luleia as backup should injuries occur. We are in an excellent position to make a charge to the finals. Time to hit that consistency chooks. Start by belting the Redfern Roadkill

CMUX

Sydney Roosters v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Friday 9 July 2010, 7:35pm AEST - Sydney Football Stadium
Referees: Gavin Badger and Ashley Klein; Touch Judges: Phil Haines and Russell Turner; Video Referee: Sean Hampstead.

Roosters: 1. Anthony Minichiello 2. Phil Graham 3. Kane Linnett 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 5. Sam Perrett 6. Todd Carney 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Jason Ryles 9. Jake Friend 10. Nate Myles 11. Frank Paul Nuuausala 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Braith Anasta
Rabbitoths: 1. Rhys Wesser 2. Nathan Merritt 3. Beau Champion 4. Colin Best 5. Fetuli Talanoa 6. John Sutton 7. Chris Sandow 8. Luke Stuart 9. Beau Falloon 10. Roy Asotasi 11. Sam Burgess 12. Dave Taylor 13. Ben Lowe

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19524

We might be in line for more than one penalty this week!!!

adamkungl

Immortal
Speaking of heart, is the self proclaimed best pack in the NRL gonna have a f**king go this time? Probably want to make up for the gutless performance of round 1...

Latest posts