What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | Origin III | Wed 7 Jul | NSW 18-23 QLD | ANZ

Origin III - WHO WILL WIN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chook Norris

First Grade
still very disappointed.. but at least they had a dig this time round. The NSW attacking structure still lacks any sort of fluency and cohesion.

Greg Bird played very well. Origin player

adamkungl

Immortal
arghf**kingmerkins

Hayne improved in the second half. first half was woeful though. Needs to stop being a hero and just play sensible football.

WHY WHY WHY did NSW keep giving it to Scott. The bloke is a handbrake on the backline. Looks utterly lost with a football in hand.

Barrett is mediocre... didn't like that he was taking the majority of the ballplaying responsibility.
Pearce f**ked a couple of things up, but had a few good touches too, got a repeat set and would have set up the matchwinner if Watmong managed to put the f**king thing down. Mediocrity all round from baz, rocks or diamonds from Pearce.

Liked the props. Good improvement. keep them all. Good debuts.
Gallen and Bird attacked well, Bird in particular had a blinder. But the defensive errors from them were very costly. Need a workhorse defender to balance out Bird/Watmough/Gallen.

Gidley had a top game. Congrats from a Gidley hater ;)

Ennis.....FOREHEADLESS f**kING SPASTIC

The coach and selectors...thoroughly deserved this whitewash. Bellamy is the worst NSW coach of all time. Some of the sh*te served up has quite clearly been coached. I'm talking about the bomb at all costs game plan we've seen for 3 years from about 5000 different halves pairings, and the rush up on the best player in the world tactics of game 2 this year. f**k off to your cheating merkin of a club and dont come back. The selectors are senile (McCarthy), biased (Fulton), and plain out f**king stupid (Daley). f**k off.

Last edited:

pantherz9103

First Grade
Thank christ its over and we can all look forward to NRL competition without any more origin interrupted weekends. Decent game tonight, don't really care that NSW lost. I knew they would find a way to lose. Still too many duds like Scott, Ennis etc but looks like all Panthers are ok and that's all that matters.

Once Dead

Bench
LOL. Since 2009 Myles has been chasing Ennis after everytime Ennis chased him.

There must be some bad blood between them. I'm not trying to make excuses for Ennis(he shouldn't be in an Origin jumper), but there's definately history there.

Was something that was always gonna happen between Ennis and Myles if you've ever payed attention to them when they come together.

Ennis proved himself a twig again though. Threw a few and hid behind his mates.

I'd be more interested in seeing a good angle on what happened between Shillington and Hayne. Hayne didn't seem happy after the scuffle

Shillington was just lashing out when Hayne had no intention of punching him. Pretty much another cat move along the lines of "132nd Man-In" Sam Thaiday.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
In hindsight I don't think we should be too hard on the performance. THere's flaws, don't get me wrong. But understand how good the Queensland side is.

Before hand how many of us expected such a close game, lets be honest?

Some players still need to go, however I think we've got a good backbone that we can build around.

Next year the dead weight should be gone. IMO this game was quite compromising as a look towards NSWs future. Even with some mediocre selections our better players stood up. With better strike players I think we're a genuine shot in for next year.

Get rid of Barrett, Scott and Gidley. Granted I though Gidley had a good game(I'll have to watch again to give a proper review), but even with that in mind 1 good game from all the games he's played for the blues isn't good enough.

But alot of players for mine held their own, and a couple really stood up.

I'm optimistic for next year. And last year, despite the 3rd game win, I wasn't.

I think what will be interesting as a blues fan is hearing what the QLDers think. Apart from their celebrations and banter, outsiders seem to give good objective opinion.

Happy with the result. QLD raped us in the 1 st half, but hnestly, in the second it could have gone to either.

Players form can change of course, but there's quite a few guys who stood out and earned a run next year for me. Aswell as those who didn't perform and need replacing.

I hate to say it but congrats to QLD. I hate you, but a big Lockyer fan, nice to see him get the 3 series.

I'm typing too much because I'm drunk. And I'm in England, so work out what time it is here lmao...... UP THE BLUES!

Ladmate

Bench
In hindsight I don't think we should be too hard on the performance. THere's flaws, don't get me wrong. But understand how good the Queensland side is.

Before hand how many of us expected such a close game, lets be honest?

Some players still need to go, however I think we've got a good backbone that we can build around.

Next year the dead weight should be gone. IMO this game was quite compromising as a look towards NSWs future. Even with some mediocre selections our better players stood up. With better strike players I think we're a genuine shot in for next year.

Get rid of Barrett, Scott and Gidley. Granted I though Gidley had a good game(I'll have to watch again to give a proper review), but even with that in mind 1 good game from all the games he's played for the blues isn't good enough.

But alot of players for mine held their own, and a couple really stood up.

I'm optimistic for next year. And last year, despite the 3rd game win, I wasn't.

I think what will be interesting as a blues fan is hearing what the QLDers think. Apart from their celebrations and banter, outsiders seem to give good objective opinion.

Happy with the result. QLD raped us in the 1 st half, but hnestly, in the second it could have gone to either.

Players form can change of course, but there's quite a few guys who stood out and earned a run next year for me. Aswell as those who didn't perform and need replacing.

I hate to say it but congrats to QLD. I hate you, but a big Lockyer fan, nice to see him get the 3 series.

I'm typing too much because I'm drunk. And I'm in England, so work out what time it is here lmao...... UP THE BLUES!

Gidley played 100x better than Ennis in the position he as supposed to be "Origin STandard" in and you drop him? Nice logic.

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
Go shove your head in a mincer you cretinous merkin.

Break Ennis's neck!

:lol:

The result of that game is pretty damn devastating, moreso than Game II personally. For the first time we looked like we were actually in a match, and we still manage to f**k it up.

A few things..

- Gidley had a great game. Why did Ennis come back on and practically push Gidley out of dummy half? Gidley's distribution out of dummy half wasn't perfect but it was f**king miles better than Ennis. His defence was better as well.

- I don't know why NSW fans are complaining about the ref. QLD could not buy a penalty despite deserving some and we got some ridiculous calls in our favour.

- Watmough... people are praising Slater for his effort but I can't really share the same amount of praise. Watmough should have got that down. His arm was free when he first made contact with the ground (over the line) but was scared of putting it out with one hand and losing it. Baffling.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Gidley played 100x better than Ennis in the position he as supposed to be "Origin STandard" in and you drop him? Nice logic.

Well If you actually read my earlier posts you'd know I don't think Ennis is origin worthy.

And yes, I'll drop Gidley. Because one good game every few years isn't good enough.

Do the math. You're obviously basing your views on emotion rather than fact.

Fact: Gidley is sh*t in 95% of the games he plays.

The guys not Origin standard and will not be picked next year. Not hard to see which team you support in the NRL :lol:

adamkungl

Immortal
game 1 next year

Hayne
Morris
Jennings
Lawrence
Gordon
Carney
Pearce
Snowden
Farah
King
Gallen
Bird
-a Nate Myles/Dallas johnson style workhorse. Need someone who doesn't miss a tackle to balance the woeful defence of Bird and Watmong. Maybe Mitch Aubusson will keep stepping up his game...

Lewis
Watmough
TLL
Mannah

8Ball

First Grade
FMD. Reasonable discussion here interspersed with Mrs Farah's rubbish.

From a Qlder's perspective:
1. The NSW halves were reasonable
2. Greg Bird was excellent, and provided the X-factor that NSW sorely needed
3. Jarryd Hayne finally lifted his finger in origin. Definitely needs to remain at fullback for NSW
4. Beau Scott needs to go. Couldn't fight his way through a wet paper towel
5. Ennis was sh*thouse, and probably needs to go. (f**k, that was hard to say, due to the Farah Knobgobblers)
6. Forwards selections were definitely better than last game. A step in the right direction.
7. Gordon was solid, Jennings didn't get many opportunities.
8. Gidley was good, first time he's made an impact in origin.

Patorick

Staff member
Everyone calling for Farah's return next year need to keep isaac de gois, ryan hinchcliffe, kevin kingston, matt keating and even a makeshift hooker like alan tongue and dean young in mind.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
You must have missed Hayne's late flop on Slater after he scored. To be fair, you have said you're drunk.

If you read my posts I'm quite partial to a bit of grubbyness. I honestly couldn't care, it's Origin.

I just noticed in Game 2 last year after GI score he slammed the ball into Haynes head. And Slater did the same in the game just gone.

I'm not saying the Blues aren't niggly grubs, but something like that you'd expect the commentators to atleast mention it? Surely.

Lets imagine the roles are reversed. And in Game 2 Hayne threw a ball at Inglis head after a try. Then in Game 3 Scott did the same. They'd be a f**king reaction from the QLDers.

Just strikes me as weird that nobody has taken problem to it. IMO doing that after a try is real poor form.

In a club game that'd incite a brawl.

As I say I'm not trying to place blame or badger the maroons, just that it seems weird to me. Not so much weird that the players would throw the ball at a player, but more so that Hayne just cops it lol.

I know if I was in Origin and that happened 2 games in a row I'd be pretty annoyed, to put it lightly :crazy:

One of the worst ref performances ever.
Not wrong. No doubt Blues had it all over us the second half, but in the first half... oh my god. And even in the second we could not BUY a penalty. Refs gave it their all for the Blues but alas it was to no avail. Too bad.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
If you read my posts I'm quite partial to a bit of grubbyness. I honestly couldn't care, it's Origin.

I just noticed in Game 2 last year after GI score he slammed the ball into Haynes head. And Slater did the same in the game just gone.

I'm not saying the Blues aren't niggly grubs, but something like that you'd expect the commentators to atleast mention it? Surely.

Lets imagine the roles are reversed. And in Game 2 Hayne threw a ball at Inglis head after a try. Then in Game 3 Scott did the same. They'd be a f**king reaction from the QLDers.

Just strikes me as weird that nobody has taken problem to it. IMO doing that after a try is real poor form.

In a club game that'd incite a brawl.

As I say I'm not trying to place blame or badger the maroons, just that it seems weird to me. Not so much weird that the players would throw the ball at a player, but more so that Hayne just cops it lol.

I know if I was in Origin and that happened 2 games in a row I'd be pretty annoyed, to put it lightly :crazy:

Can't say I know about the other "ball throws" you're talking about, but it was quite clear that Slater took exception to Hayne diving on his back after he'd scored the try. That's poor form IMO. Hayne was never going to stop the try, he dove on Slater after he had grounded the ball. Reeks of sour grapes from Jarryd Hype.

Latest posts