What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | Rivalry R19 | Fri | Rabbitohs 13-16 Dragons | ANZ

Result: Rabbitohs v Dragons

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2010teams-sou-main.jpg

1. Rhys Wesser 2. Nathan Merritt 3. Colin Best 4. Beau Champion 5. Fetuli Talanoa 6. John Sutton 7. Chris Sandow
8. Luke Stuart 9. Beau Falloon 10. Roy Asotasi 11. Sam Burgess 12. Dave Taylor 13. Ben Lowe

Interchange: 14. Garrett Crossman 15. Eddy Pettybourne 16. Michael Crocker 17. Jason Clark

2010teams-stg-main.jpg

1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Beau Scott 4. Kyle Stanley 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby
8. Matt Prior 9. Luke Priddis 10. Trent Merrin 11. Neville Costigan 12. Ben Creagh 13. Dean Young

Interchange: 14. Jon Green 15. Ricky Thorby 16. Nick Emmett 17. Jarrod Saffy
Reserves: 19. Mark Gasnier

2010ref-pink.jpg

Referees:
Shayne Hayne and Chris James
Sideline Officials: Paul Holland and Gavin Morris
Video Referee: Tim Mander

Toyota Cup Round 19
Rabbitohs v Dragons @ ANZ, Fri 5:20pm

NSW Cup Round 19
Shellharbour (STG) v North Sydney (SOU) @ Ron Costello Oval, Sun 3:00pm

nrl-r19soustg.jpg

Last edited:

petetheileet

First Grade
Awesome time of year for souths fans...two of their biggest games in a row!

itl be tight either way....

We will need some grunt from costigan and smith if we are gna get away with this one!

Timmah

Staff member
Dragons with a full complement (except for B Moz and Weyman) should be too strong here, Souffs still missing Luke. Falloon is good but not the same standard.

Bumble

First Grade
Pettybourne and Crocker with another week of match fitness under their belt can only be a good thing.

Souffs right-side v Dragons left-side is the matchup of the year.

Godz Illa

Coach
Souffs right-side v Dragons left-side is the matchup of the year.
Even if Cooper and Morris were fit this statement would be false. The Souths right side have been bog average for a month. Colin Best causes me more concern than Champion

Bumble

First Grade
True he's been pretty crap since the Cowboys game (which coincidentally was around the time he started getting a bit of media exposure) but he always seems to score a try or two at ANZ.

And what's wrong with Morris?

thommo4pm

Coach
We are looking at quite a few out by all reports.
Weyman suspended (obviously).
Hunt & Fien - these injuries hurt, glad Fien is back in a few weeks.

Morris, Cooper, Nighty & Smith all reportedly going to be out also.

Bumble

First Grade
Hmm. With that many out not Issac Luke is definitely not an excuse (not that I think Falloon is terrible)

Jason Maher

Immortal
Souths to score the only try, and Soward to kick 41 field goals in some valuable practice for the finals. :p

petetheileet

First Grade
Dragons with a full complement (except for B Moz and Weyman) should be too strong here, Souffs still missing Luke. Falloon is good but not the same standard.

Morris
Cooper
Nightingale
Weyman
Hunt
Smith
Fein

Nowhere near full compliment mate thats 7 out from top 13

Fai Fai Loa
Stanley
Lett
Prior
Merrin
Greenfield
Saffy
Green
Emmett

Will prob all get a run this week

How many of those blokes have played a full season in the top grade?

I think not having our two top front rowers and loosing J Smith will have a massive impact up against a massive, mobile bunnies pack, we are known to struggle against side like this.

However the boys that run out will do their best and im sure they will go close!

Timmah

Staff member
I was under the impression Cooper Nightingale and Smith were back this week? :?

Godz Illa

Coach
There's no confirmation that Nightingale is out, I'm expecting him to play. Cooper is out at least another week though, Smith also unlikely

petetheileet

First Grade
Dell says Nighty is out, Cooper i doubt will be there and Smith is more likely out than not, all here say though, i may be wrong.

Timmah

Staff member
Morris & Nightingale both named... :?

Gasnier on extended bench.

Weird.

Rovelli

Bench
Look at the Dragons' losses this year:
to Melbourne, to the cheating scum
to Manly, a day after representative footy - though admittedly Manly were great
to Canberra and to Penrith, without a large chunk of their team

This is a team that has been pretty tough to break down all year.

I think Souths will struggle to recoup their late choke against the Roosters last week, but the potential is there - Souths will need to dominate in the forwards.

Bumble

First Grade
No Weyman and Hunt makes the forwards job a bit easier but they still can't take the Dragons lightly. Sandow, Sutton and Champion need to play like they did when we played them in Round 25 last year..

Latest posts