What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | Rivalry R19 | Mon | Tigers 26-16 Cowboys | Leichhardt

Result: Tigers v Cowboys

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2010teams-wst-alt.jpg

1. Wade McKinnon 2. Lote Tuqiri 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Geoff Daniela, 6. Benji Marshall 7. Robert Lui
8. Bryce Gibbs 9. Robbie Farah (c) 10. Keith Galloway 11. Todd Payten 12. Liam Fulton 13. Chris Heighington

Interchange: 14. John Skandalis 15. Mark Flanagan 16. Simon Dwyer 17. Daniel Fitzhenry
Reserves: 19. Mitch Brown 20. Junior Moors

2010teams-nql-alt.jpg

1. Matthew Bowen 2. Ashley Graham 3. Arana Taumata 4. Willie Tonga 5. Will Tupou 6. Grant Rovelli 7. Johnathan Thurston
8. Matt Scott 9. Aaron Payne 10. Willie Mason 11. Scott Bolton 12. Leeson Ah Mau 13. Luke O'Donnell

Interchange: 14. Anthony Watts 15. Dane Hogan 16. Carl Webb 17. James Tamou

2010ref-pink.jpg

Referees:
Shayne Hayne and Matt Cecchin
Sideline Officials: Paul Holland and David Munro
Video Referee: Phil Cooley

Toyota Cup Round 19
Tigers v Cowboys @ Leichhardt, Mon 4:45pm

NSW Cup Round 19
Balmain Ryde-Eastwood (WST) v Western Suburbs (WST) @ Leichhardt, Sat 3:00pm

QRL Intrust Super Cup Round 17
Mackay (NQL) v Northern (NQL) @ Mackay Jnrs, Sun 3:00pm

nrl-r19wstnql.jpg

Last edited:

gronkathon

First Grade
Want to win but I want it to be a good conest as well.

Last time we belted the Cows on a Monday at Leichhardt we barely won a game for the rest of the season

BDR

First Grade
I think it's a bit of a farce that we don't get to play the Broncos in either Heritage Round OR Rivalry Round, our two clubs have been going at it for 15 years now and the rivalry is actually real, unlike the manufactured BS they go on with in some of the games.

Other than the '05 GF I don't think we've had a single game against the Tigers that was particularly interesting, and we certainly don't have a rivalry.

beave

Coach
2004 at Cambo, winner assured of a finals spot was another game that had some mild importance.

But honestly, this is a very manufactured rivalry in my eyes. 2005 I was more than happy to concede defeat to a better team in the GF, and the fact their long suffering supporters were very gracious in victory made it even better. If the NRL want to make it out like it's a big rivalry between these 2 clubs and it gets more bums on seats at Leichardt, then whatever. But I agree, Brisbane is more a rivalry and a team that I cannot f**king stand.

BDR

First Grade
The Titans?! That's the exact kind of manufactured trash I'm talking about. I'm sure the Gold Coast fans think they have a rivalry with the Broncos, but it really is nothing compared to the Cowboys/Broncos QLD derbies of the past. The NRL doesn't respect it's own history.

typicalfan

Coach
:lol: The Cowboys didn't even beat the Broncos until 2005.

Cowboys don't really have many other big rivalries I guess while the Broncos have the Dragons, Cowboys, Titans, Storm etc.

Big Pete

Referee
2004 actually.

Don't get me wrong, there is certainly a rivalry there between the Broncos/Cowboys but the Broncos/Titans pairing makes more sense.

For starters it's an actual local derby.

There is history there with former incarnations always posing a threat for the Broncos while even the present incarnation has gotten the better of the Broncos in some gripping encounters.

And then you have to consider the better alternatives for the Titans...and there really isn't anyone else. At least with the Cowboys you could justify their rivalry between the Tigers, even if it's to a small degree.

Timmah

Staff member
Broncos Cowboys is a great rivalry, but it's normally celebrated in Round 1 as a season opener. Almost religously.

Rovelli

Bench
Who do the Cowboys actually have a rivalry with? We played them last year because we both came into the comp in 1995, but to be honest, the Wests Tigers are probably the best match.

Many teams have a rivalry with Brisbane, and more stronger ones at that.

As for the game, the easy result to pick here is the Tigers by plenty, and I think the match will play out like last night's Parra/NQ match.

gronkathon

First Grade
I think it is fiitting that the Legion Of Doom returns from suspension as he is the only player who has a genuine rivalry with the Wests Tigers

Timmah

Staff member
Wests Tigers v North Queensland Cowboys
Monday 19 July 2010, 7:00pm AEST - Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield
Referees: Matt Cecchin and Shayne Hayne; Sideline Officials: Paul Holland and David Munro; Video Referee: Phil Cooley

Tigers
:
1. Wade McKinnon 2. Lote Tuqiri 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Geoff Daniela, 6. Benji Marshall 7. Robert Lui 8. Bryce Gibbs 9. Robbie Farah (c) 10. Keith Galloway 11. Todd Payten 12. Liam Fulton 13. Chris Heighington
Interchange: 14. John Skandalis 15. Mark Flanagan 16. Simon Dwyer 17. Daniel Fitzhenry; Reserves: 19. Mitch Brown 20. Junior Moors
Cowboys: 1. Matthew Bowen 2. Ashley Graham 3. Arana Taumata 4. Willie Tonga 5. Will Tupou 6. Grant Rovelli 7. Johnathan Thurston 8. Matt Scott 9. Aaron Payne 10. Willie Mason 11. Scott Bolton 12. Leeson Ah Mau 13. Luke O'Donnell
Interchange: 14. Anthony Watts 15. Dane Hogan 16. Carl Webb 17. James Tamou

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19570

Charlie124

First Grade
we've looked better than a lot of teams on paper this year, then we go out there and play like spastics.

Late Mail

Juniors
1. Wade McKinnon 2. Lote Tuqiri 3. Blake Ayshford 5. Geoff Daniela 19. Mitch Brown 4. Chris Lawrence 6. Benji Marshall 8. Bryce Gibbs 9. Robbie Farah (c) 10. Keith Galloway 11. Todd Payten 12. Liam Fulton 13. Chris Heighington

Interchange: 14. John Skandalis 15. Mark Flanagan 16. Simon Dwyer 17. Daniel Fitzhenry

;-)

Latest posts