What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R20 | Fri | Bulldogs 16-32 Eels | ANZ

Result: Bulldogs v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2010teams-cby-main.jpg

1. Luke Patten 2. Tim Winitana 3. Josh Morris 4. Shane Neumann 5. Bryson Goodwin 6. Ben Barba 7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Ben Hannant 9. Michael Ennis 10. Ryan Tandy 11. Jamal Idris 12. Andrew Ryan 13. David Stagg

Interchange: 14. Mickey Paea 15. Michael Hodgson 16. Gary Warburton 17. Blake Green

2010teams-par-main.jpg

1. Jarryd Hayne 2. Luke Burt 3. Joel Reddy 4. Timana Tahu 5. Krisnan Inu 6. Jeff Robson 7. Daniel Mortimer
8. Nathan Cayless (C) 9. Matthew Keating 10. Fuifui Moimoi 11. Nathan Hindmarsh (C) 12. Ben Smith 13. Feleti Mateo

Interchange: 14. Kris Keating 15. Tim Mannah 16. Justin Horo 17. Justin Poore
Reserves: 19. Jonathon Wright​

2010ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Tony Archer and Gavin Badger
Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall and Russell Turner
Video Referee: Bill Harrigan​

Toyota Cup Round 20
Bulldogs v Eels @ ANZ, Fri 5:20pm​

NSW Cup Round 20
Canterbury (CBY) v Balmain Ryde-Eastwood (WST) @ The Crest, Sat 3:00pm
Wentworthville (PAR) v Auckland (NZW) @ Ringrose Park, Sat 3:00pm​

nrl-r20cbypar.jpg

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs v Parramatta Eels
Friday 23 July 2010, 7:35pm AEST, ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Referees: Tony Archer and Gavin Badger; Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall and Russell Turner; Video Referee: Bill Harrigan

Bulldogs: 1. Luke Patten 2. Tim Winitana 3. Josh Morris 4. Shane Neumann 5. Bryson Goodwin 6. Ben Barba 7. Brett Kimmorley 8. Ben Hannant 9. Michael Ennis 10. Ryan Tandy 11. Jamal Idris 12. Andrew Ryan 13. David Stagg
Interchange: 14. Mickey Paea 15. Michael Hodgson 16. Gary Warburton 17. Blake Green
Eels: 1. Jarryd Hayne 2. Luke Burt 3. Joel Reddy 4. Timana Tahu 5. Krisnan Inu 6. Jeff Robson 7. Daniel Mortimer 8. Nathan Cayless (C) 9. Matthew Keating 10. Fuifui Moimoi 11. Nathan Hindmarsh (C) 12. Ben Smith 13. Feleti Mateo
Interchange: 14. Kris Keating 15. Tim Mannah 16. Justin Horo 17. Justin Poore; Reserves: 19. Jonathon Wright

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/a_liveupdate.php?matchid=943

Rovelli

Bench
Really tough one to pick. Canterbury have been looking much better of late, but last week's loss really hurts. Their season is now on the brink, and they only afford 1 (at max) loss from here on in. They might win the fights, but they don't look like winning the war. Parramatta just needed something to get them going, and another performance this week will keep them in the right direction. Parra in a close one to snuff out the Dogs' chances.

Eelectrica

Referee
What I don't understand is why Parra are favorites?
Of late the Bulldogs have been in far superior form. Parra beat the Cowboys in Parra. Sorry Cowboy fans but that's not exactly a huge achievement this year. Then beat Penrith who virtually hit the dressing sheds after literally being up by 22 after 22 minutes.

I don't know what I'm missing, but I'm struggling to see an Eels victory. I guess the Sunday afternoon game and the nature of it could take a bit out of the dogs who have to back up this Friday. And the dogs have done a bit of extra travelling of late which could take bit of a toll.

sharko

Juniors
This match is too tough to pick.

The forward packs look good on paper with Hannant and Stagg and Ennis against Hindmarsh etc, but I do not know why Mannah and Poore are starting on the bench.
It will be the forwards who win it for their team, the backs will be made to look good on the back of their work.

It may come down to the referees alas, Archer and Badger, and the hot head in Ennis may get him into trouble, he has had issues with Archer before I recall. If Ennis gets binned for playing dirty, then Hayne may step up and run through them. I hope it does not come to this but it is possible.
Be a good match regardless.

Brutus

Referee
Canterbury have an obvious advantage in the forwards, especially with Leabeater and Peter Wynn dropping out of the Eels' pack (although Wynn's crabbing across field irks me).

I like this young Gillespie; he hits like a cement truck and Kelly, Tunksy and Folksy never take a backward step. Langmack is really using the ball well lately and he could be the X factor although Raymond Price will be keen to sort the young punk out.

Look, Bulldogs by 4 but only because of the their pack and the predicted weather. You can never be sure when these two teams play. Any team with Kenny and Sterling in the halves cannot be simply ignored and I like the look of this young Brian Jackson fella in the centres. The Crow will be back from his eye injury in a couple of weeks, so Jacko may have to shift to the wing.

I'm off to the TAB to put my Footy Tab on. Prof John Crocher gave me couple of tips.

BTW, I hear the Eels are looking at signing Bob Linder for next season. Is this true...?? He's bit injury prone.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
This game isn't difficult to predict at all,Eels own this Doggies team and will win in a canter,they have won the past 3 encounters comfortably.

26-10

22-12
27-8

There is a reason the Eel are favoured by 6.5 this week and its because the Hayne train is going to dismantle the Doggies.

LOL @ this Doggies team upsetting the Hayne train on friday night

CMUX

This game isn't difficult to predict at all,Eels own this Doggies team and will win in a canter,they have won the past 3 encounters comfortably.

26-10

22-12
27-8

There is a reason the Eel are favoured by 6.5 this week and its because the Hayne train is going to dismantle the Doggies.

LOL @ this Doggies team upsetting the Hayne train on friday night

Are you suggesting that the Dogs will never beat Parramatta again?

Dogs have to be due a win over them but i am still going Parra by 4

SDM

First Grade
He conveniently omitted the first time we played in 2009 where the Dogs gave Parra a touch up.

Timmah

Staff member
We beat Parramatta 48-18 in Round 6 last year. While Parra have been dominant over us of late, we have beaten them recently.

SDM

First Grade
48-18 was still embarrassing for the dogs becasue they let that giant blouse Weller Hurauki score 2 tries.