What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | Close the Gap R24 | Sat | Storm 24-4 Sharks | AAMI

Result: Storm v Sharks

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2010teams-mel-main-1.jpg

1. Billy Slater 2. Matt Duffie 3. Dane Nielsen 4. Greg Inglis 5. Justin O'Neill 6. Brett Finch 7. Cooper Cronk
8. Bryan Norrie 9. Cam Smith (c) 10. Brett White 11. Sika Manu 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Adam Blair

Interchange: 14. Ryan Hinchcliffe 15. Kevin Proctor 16. Jeff Lima 17. Todd Lowrie
Reserves: 18. Jesse Bromwich

2010teams-cro-main.jpg

1. Nathan Gardner 2. Blake Ferguson 3. Dean Collis 4. Ben Pomeroy 5. Luke Covell 6. Trent Barrett (c) 7. Tim Smith
8. Kade Snowden 9. John Morris 10. Luke Douglas 11. Grant Millington 12. Anthony Tupou 13. Paul Gallen

Interchange: 14. Josh Cordoba 15. Broderick Wright 16. Paul Aiton 17. Taulima Tautai

2010ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Ashley Klein and Luke Phillips
Sideline Officials: Ricky McFarlane and Adam Reid
Video Referee: Chris Ward

Toyota Cup Round 24
Storm v Sharks @ AAMI, Sat 5:15pm

NSW Cup Round 24
Melbourne (MEL) v Auckland (NZW) @ Olympic Pk, Sat 3:00pm
Cronulla (CRO) v Shellharbour (STG) @ Henson Pk, Sat 1:00pm

nrl2010-r24melcro.jpg

Last edited:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
storm by 70 if they show up.

only by 25 if they don't have their heads in it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Melbourne Storm v Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Saturday 21 August 2010, 7:30pm AEST - AAMI Park, Melbourne
Referees: Ashley Klein and Luke Phillips; Sideline Officials: Ricky McFarlane and Adam Reid; Video Referee: Chris Ward
Storm: 1. Billy Slater 2. Matt Duffie 3. Dane Nielsen 4. Greg Inglis 5. Justin O'Neill 6. Brett Finch 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Bryan Norrie 9. Cam Smith (c) 10. Brett White 11. Sika Manu 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Adam Blair
Interchange: 14. Ryan Hinchcliffe 15. Kevin Proctor 16. Jeff Lima 17. Todd Lowrie; Reserves: 18. Jesse Bromwich
Sharks: 1. Nathan Gardner 2. Blake Ferguson 3. Dean Collis 4. Ben Pomeroy 5. Luke Covell 6. Trent Barrett (c) 7. Tim Smith 8. Kade Snowden 9. John Morris 10. Luke Douglas 11. Grant Millington 12. Anthony Tupou 13. Paul Gallen
Interchange: 14. Josh Cordoba 15. Broderick Wright 16. Paul Aiton 17. Taulima Tautai

NRL Teams - http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19794

All the teams for Toyota Cup and NSW Cup this weekend - http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19799

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Grand final hero returns to the big time … as a referee
Chris Barrett
August 18, 2010

IT WAS at a Sydney Roosters function a few years ago, as he was trying to decide what to do with his post-NRL life, that the idea of becoming a match official entered Luke Phillips's mind.
''Gus Gould was there and said to me: 'Why don't you have a go at refereeing? The NRL is looking for players who want to pick up a whistle','' said Phillips, the Roosters' 2002 grand final hero, whose playing career was cut short by injuries.
''I was just looking for another avenue to stay involved in the game. I didn't even think I would enjoy it at first but I really did.''
His journey - from officiating in the Central Coast competition in 2007 to a cadetship with the NRL in 2008 alongside Henry Perenara and Paul Mellor and then onto NSW Cup and the Toyota Cup - reaches a definitive moment on Saturday night when he makes his NRL refereeing debut in the match between Melbourne and Cronulla at AAMI Park.
He will become the first former NRL player to complete the transition. Phillips has had involvement at the top level before, appearing as a touch judge in round 26 last year. He was also one of four rotating referees in the inaugural All Stars match in February.
''The referees know that [referees' coach Robert Finch] debuts refs at the end of the season when there are games that have no bearing on the top eight,'' Phillips said. ''I wasn't expecting it, but it's a good reward for the hard work we've put in.''
Phillips will appear predominantly as the ''pocket referee'' to main official Ashley Klein on Saturday, but he will get the chance to use the whistle if the experienced Klein has his way.
''He's sort of said that he wants to give me a crack at it for a while … there's no use being out there if you're not going to get right into it,'' said Phillips, who juggles his commitments as a full-time referee with his pinball- and video game-supply business.
In Melbourne he will referee one former clubmate, Storm five-eighth Brett Finch, and a couple of others he played against during his career. The prospect of giving out the orders to old colleagues does not faze him.
''I'm sort of used to that now,'' he said. ''When I referee in NSW Cup I see guys I used to play with or against. It won't be anything new.''
All he is concerned about, in a week where referees are back in the spotlight, is going about his job with minimum fuss. ''The referee's goal, as they say, is to be not spoken about off the field after the game,'' Phillips said. ''Hopefully that will happen on Saturday night.'
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-time-x2026-as-a-referee-20100817-128i6.html'

Well there you go, have a good one Luke.

Danish

Referee
Clearly no one is watching the game but Smith deadset just put a UFC move on Gallen. Textbook ankle lock.

Such a dirty prick and should seriously be cited for it

Squae

Juniors
Cronulla has had 4 tries against them thus far.

3 off incorrect penalties, 2 against Cronulla, and 1 right after a pass was thrown after a held call.

But nothing real gets said, the commentators are like they have had a few bad calls against them and that is it. It is so annoying as a Cronulla supporter copping all the bad calls every week and nothing being made of it.

Well done rev's you geniuss.

Feej

First Grade
Let me reword that for you Squae:
"It is so annoying as a Cronulla supporter copping a dud halfback and no attack whatsoever every week and nothing being done about it"

If there is one player that the Sharks need to ditch then it is Tim Smith...I watched him closely tonight and he has nothing. Just runs along the backline looking for short passes and never takes the line on.

The Sharks attack need a playmaker and Barrett cannot do this himself.

boxhead

First Grade
If there is one player that the Sharks need to ditch then it is Tim Smith...I watched him closely tonight and he has nothing. Just runs along the backline looking for short passes and never takes the line on.

The Sharks attack need a playmaker and Barrett cannot do this himself.

In Tim Smith's defence, he does have the talent, but I think he has been ruined by Ricky Stuart.
I bet the Eels would welcome him home with open arms; if he has the right coach, he will be bloody dangerous. Would come cheap too.
Then again.....no d*ckheads policy.....

Latest posts