What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | Close the Gap R24 | Fri | Panthers 54-18 Rabbitohs | CUA

Result: Panthers v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2010teams-pen-main.jpg

1. Michael Gordon 2. Sandor Earl 3. Michael Jennings 4. Brad Tighe 5. Adrian Purtell 6. Travis Burns 7. Luke Walsh
8. Sam McKendry 9. Kevin Kingston 10. Petero Civoniceva 11. Trent Waterhouse 12. Frank Pritchard 13. Luke Lewis

Interchange: 15. Gavin Cooper 16. Matthew Bell 14. Daine Laurie 17. Nathan Smith
Reserves: 20. Masada Iosefa

2010teams-sou-alt.jpg

1. Rhys Wesser 2. Nathan Merritt 3. Colin Best 4. Beau Champion 5. Fetuli Talanoa 6. Luke Capewell 7. Chris Sandow
8. Jaiman Lowe 9. Issac Luke 10. Roy Asotasi [c] 11. Sam Burgess 12. Eddy Pettybourne 13. Michael Crocker

Interchange: 14. Craig Stapleton 15. Shannan McPherson 16. Dave Tyrrell 17. Jason Clark
Reserves: 18. Dylan Farrell

2010ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Tony Archer and Alan Shortall
Sideline Officials: Russell Turner and Grant Atkins
Video Referee: Steve Clark

Toyota Cup Round 24
Panthers v Rabbitohs @ CUA, Fri 5:20pm

NSW Cup Round 24
Newtown (SYD) v Windsor (PEN) @ Henson Pk, Sat 3:00pm
North Sydney (SOU) v Balmain Ryde-Eastwood (WST) @ North Sydney, Sun 3:00pm

nrl2010-r24pensou.jpg

Last edited:

Eelectrica

Referee
Panthers because they're due?
Or rabbits because they are still turning up. Admitedly they're turning up late, but they do eventually turn up for the game.

stormbati

Bench
Panthers will probably get an early lead and get run down going by these two sides recent games.

benntash

Juniors
Still pissed that purtell is STILL in the team but at least he's been pushed out to the wing with Tighe now in the centres. Bunnys team looks stronger but still tipping my panthers. Hoping we finally step up this week and cement our spot in the finals.

Rovelli

Bench
I'm crazy...but I think the Rabbitohs could win here. They're at the point of no return right about now after last week's loss. Penrith are hardly in top form and look to be sinking.

Though as a Warriors fan I would like to see Penrith knock out Souths, I dunno if they will.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Penrith Panthers v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Friday 20 August 2010, 7:35pm AEST - CUA Stadium, Penrith
Referees: Tony Archer and Alan Shortall; Sideline Officials: Russell Turner and Grant Atkins; Video Referee: Steve Clark

Panthers: 1. Michael Gordon 2. Sandor Earl 3. Michael Jennings 4. Brad Tighe 5. Adrian Purtell 6. Travis Burns 7. Luke Walsh 8. Sam McKendry 9. Kevin Kingston 10. Petero Civoniceva 11. Trent Waterhouse 12. Frank Pritchard 13. Luke Lewis
Interchange: 15. Gavin Cooper 16. Matthew Bell 14. Daine Laurie 17. Nathan Smith; Reserves: 20. Masada Iosefa
Rabbitohs: 1. Rhys Wesser 2. Nathan Merritt 3. Colin Best 4. Beau Champion 5. Fetuli Talanoa 6. Luke Capewell 7. Chris Sandow 8. Jaiman Lowe 9. Issac Luke 10. Roy Asotasi [c] 11. Sam Burgess 12. Eddy Pettybourne 13. Michael Crocker
Interchange: 14. Craig Stapleton 15. Shannan McPherson 16. Dave Tyrrell 17. Jason Clark; Reserves: 18. Dylan Farrell

NRL Teams - http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19794

All the Toyota Cup and NSW Cup lower grade teams - http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19799

BranVan3000

Coach
Souths need to be on fire. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, this is the strongest we've been in awhile in respect to injuries

CMUX

I really don’t know who to pick for this one. Panthers are in shocking form and I would pick them to miss the 8 but they have a very user friendly run home compared to the rest of the top 8… Panthers by 1

Sleep

Juniors
He has osteitis pubis and is listed as week to week but it wouldn't surprise me to see him miss the rest of the year. It's generally a niggling injury and the best cure is rest.

I think Alan Tongue and JT from Canberra both had bouts with this injury and missed huge chunks of their seasons.

Menzies missed three quarters of a season one year too right?

pantherz9103

First Grade
Penrith need to awaken from their slumber. If they win then they kill off Souths and if Parra and Raiders lose then we're 100% guaranteed a place in the top 8 for the first time since 2004. We're generally better at home and if we're going to find form again its probably going to be at home. Souths have only won at CUA twice in the past 22 years. Coote and Grant being out is no excuse, Souths missing Taylor and Sutton is a bigger handicap.

Bumble

First Grade
No Coote and Gordon is good for us but Penrith are still a dangerous side.

Our pack looks better than it has in the last couple of weeks and they'll need to stand up here...I think we can sneak a win.

Panthers_God

Juniors
No Coote and Gordon is good for us but Penrith are still a dangerous side.

Our pack looks better than it has in the last couple of weeks and they'll need to stand up here...I think we can sneak a win.

Gordon is out as well????

Latest posts