What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R25 | Sat | Knights 18-26 Dragons | EnergyAustralia

Result: Knights v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2010teams-nwc-her.jpg

1. Shannon McDonnell 2. Akuila Uate 3. Junior Sa'u 4. Adam MacDougall 5. Cooper Vuna 6. Jarrod Mullen 7. Kurt Gidley (C)
8. Ben Cross 9. Isaac De Gois 10. Antonio Kaufusi 11. Zeb Taia 12. Con Mika 13. Matt Hilder

Interchange: 14. Wes Naiqama 15. Dan Tolar 16. Richie Fa'aoso 17. Mark Taufua

2010teams-stg-main.jpg

1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Mark Gasnier 4. Matt Cooper 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby (c)
8. Neville Costigan 9. Dean Young 10. Michael Weyman 11. Beau Scott 12. Ben Creagh 13. Jeremy Smith

Interchange: 14. Nathan Fien 15. Trent Meriin 16. Matt Prior 17. Jarrod Saffy
Reserves: 18. Nick Emmett 21. Luke Priddis

2010ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Shayne Hayne and Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Paul Holland and Grant Atkins
Video Referee: Russell Smith

Toyota Cup Round 25
Knights v Dragons @ EnergyAustralia, Sat 5:15pm

NSW Cup Round 25
Windsor (PEN) v Central Coast (NWC) @ Windsor Complex, Sat 3:00pm
Balmain Ryde-Eastwood (WST) v Shellharbour (STG) @ Leichhardt, Sat 3:00pm

nrlr25-nwcstg.jpg

Last edited:

Serc

First Grade
This one is on like donkey kong.

Knights playing the best they have since the first half of 2009, and have lost only once (2007) on Old Boys Day since 1999.

Saints looking a bit shaky of late, but the bounceback factor that seems to happen every week this year could definitely come into play!

I will be there too, very excited :D

Edit: Hey Tim - have you had word that we will be using our heritage jersey this weekend (going by the graphics above)?

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
Dragons have a great record at newcastle , if this was at one of the dragons home grounds the knights would be a better chance.

Rovelli

Bench
I'm giving Newcastle a good chance here. They've won 5 in a row at home, and their last three performances (Manly/Canterbury/Brisbane) have been very good. Also, will the Saints fall apart after looking the best team for the first 23 rounds?

Noname36

First Grade
Will be an interesting game for sure.

The Dragons' defense vs. the Knights' attack pretty much.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
This one is on like donkey kong.

Knights playing the best they have since the first half of 2009, and have lost only once (2007) on Old Boys Day since 1999.

Saints looking a bit shaky of late, but the bounceback factor that seems to happen every week this year could definitely come into play!

I will be there too, very excited :D

Edit: Hey Tim - have you had word that we will be using our heritage jersey this weekend (going by the graphics above)?
I don't think anything has been confirmed, but IIRC more often than not we wear our heritage jersey on Old Boys Day in recent years :cool:

renouf

Juniors
Dragons have a great record at newcastle , if this was at one of the dragons home grounds the knights would be a better chance.

I doubt that, Newcastle play their best football at home, with the help of the refs.

Apey

Staff member
What in the blue f**k is Old Boys Day?

The last home game of the season where past Knights' players are celebrated and do a lap of honour, as well as something for those that are retiring at the end of the year/have retired during the season (Steve Simpson).

Bicey_18

Bench
Yeah the Dragons definitely like playing at Newcastle... they have only lost twice at EAS since 1999. Where as Newcastle have no problems winning at Kogarah or WIN....

I would like to think we would give them a good run and be competitive, but really the Dragons are in a different class. They should win and win well.. but I think it will be a close one.. Dragons by 1-10

Jason Maher

Immortal
Wonder which of our players will pul out with "niggling injuries" or "viruses" this week? I predict Ben Creagh will be one of them.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Newcastle Knights v St George Illawarra Dragons
Saturday 28 August 2010, 7:30pm AEST, EnergyAustralia Stadium
Referees: Shayne Hayne and Gerard Sutton; Sideline Officials: Paul Holland and Grant Atkins; Video Referee: Russell Smith

Knights: 1. Shannon McDonnell 2. Akuila Uate 3. Junior Sa'u 4. Adam MacDougall 5. Cooper Vuna 6. Jarrod Mullen 7. Kurt Gidley (C) 8. Ben Cross 9. Isaac De Gois 10. Antonio Kaufusi 11. Zeb Taia 12. Con Mika 13. Matt Hilder
Interchange: 14. Wes Naiqama 15. Dan Tolar 16. Richie Fa'aoso 17. Mark Taufua
Dragons: 1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Mark Gasnier 4. Matt Cooper 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby (c) 8. Neville Costigan 9. Dean Young 10. Michael Weyman 11. Beau Scott 12. Ben Creagh 13. Jeremy Smith
Interchange: 14. Nathan Fien 15. Trent Meriin 16. Matt Prior 17. Jarrod Saffy; Reserves: 18. Nick Emmett 21. Luke Priddis

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19855

Jono1987

Juniors
I think it will be a cracking game. Knights have been one of the better teams lately, playing a good brand of footy. I think with the return of Scott and Smith we'll tighten up around the ruck and prove a little too strong for the Knights.

Saints 28
Knights 16

MOM: Boyd