What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R26 | Fri | Titans 21-18 Tigers | Skilled

Result: Titans v Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2010teams-gco-alt.jpg

1. William Zillman 2. Kevin Gordon 3. Steve Michaels 4. Clinton Toopi 5. Jordan Atkins 6. Mat Rogers 7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey 9. Nathan Friend 10. Matt White 11. Anthony Laffranchi 12. Mark Minichiello 13. Ashley Harrison

Interchange: 14. Michael Henderson 15. Brad Meyers 16. Greg Bird 17. Bodene Thompson

2010teams-wst-alt.jpg

1. Mitch Brown 2. Lote Tuqiri 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Geoff Daniela 5. Beau Ryan 6. Benji Marshall 7. Robert Lui
8. Todd Payten 9. Robbie Farah 10. Keith Galloway 11. Simon Dwyer 12. Gareth Ellis 13. Chris Heighington

Interchange: 14. Andrew Fifita 15. Willie Mataka 16. Mark Flanagan 17. Daniel Fitzhenry

2010ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Tony Archer and Gavin Badger
Sideline Officials: Paul Holland and Adam Devcich
Video Referee: Steve Clark

Toyota Cup Round 26
Titans v Tigers @ Skilled, Fri 5:20pm

NSW Cup Round 26
Balmain Ryde-Eastwood (WST) v Wentworthville (PAR) @ Leichhardt, Sat 3:00pm
Western Suburbs (WST) v Windsor (PEN) @ Campbelltown, Sun 1:00pm

nrl2010-r26gcowst.jpg

Last edited:

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Big game for the Tigers, both sides with a few injury concerns though. If Ellis, McKinnon, Fulton & Gibbs are out with Lawrence, Titans have the edge.

Big game for the Tigers, both sides with a few injury concerns though. If Ellis, McKinnon, Fulton & Gibbs are out with Lawrence, Titans have the edge.

Going into the last round in 2005, our only injury was Payten, I seem to recall. This year we have Ellis, McKinnon, Fulton, Gibbs, Lawrence, Sankdo, Moltzen, Tuiaki & Moors injured. It will be an incredible effort to firstly beat the Titans and then to progress in the finals.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Ellis, McKinnon, Gibbs and Fulton will be back for the finals, Gibbs and Fulton may play in this match even.

Only Lawrence should be missing for the finals really, we've done without Tuiaki and Moltzen most of the year.

It's a tough toll but no excuses once we kick off in two weeks. And IMO we have more depth now than we did in 05.

Timmah

Staff member
I hear rumours Moltzen's back training and may even attempt to get himself back for this week.

Rovelli

Bench
Though I don't want them to win, Gold Coast should win this. The Tigers' injury concerns are a worry only a week out from the finals.

I think the Titans suffered from a tough match against the Roosters last Monday and the Sharks are always tough (despite their record). 3 games in 11 days is the shortest possible turnaround, so they still might be feeling the effects...but the Tigers are beat up and have a short turnaround themselves.

Eelectrica

Referee
Both teams with big injury concerns. Tigers at least have top 4 spot sewn up. Titans fighting for their's now.
For some reason, I think the Tigers will win this. Just seem to have more momentum now.

to_ddeath

Coach
Another good match shaping up here. Could be the match of the round, both very good attacking teams.
Lean towards the Tits only on their home record....

T.

Timmah

Staff member
Gold Coast Titans v Wests Tigers
Friday 3 September 2010, 7:35pm AEST - Skilled Park, Robina
Referees: Tony Archer and Gavin Badger; Sideline Officials: Paul Holland and Adam Devcich; Video Referee: Steve Clark

Titans: 1. William Zillman 2. Kevin Gordon 3. Steve Michaels 4. Clinton Toopi 5. Jordan Atkins 6. Mat Rogers 7. Scott Prince 8. Luke Bailey 9. Nathan Friend 10. Matt White 11. Anthony Laffranchi 12. Mark Minichiello 13. Ashley Harrison
Interchange: 14. Michael Henderson 15. Brad Meyers 16. Greg Bird 17. Bodene Thompson

Tigers:
1. Mitch Brown 2. Lote Tuqiri 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Geoff Daniela 5. Beau Ryan 6. Benji Marshall 7. Robert Lui 8. Todd Payten 9. Robbie Farah 10. Keith Galloway 11. Simon Dwyer 12. Gareth Ellis 13. Chris Heighington
Interchange: 14. Andrew Fifita 15. Willie Mataka 16. Mark Flanagan 17. Daniel Fitzhenry

NRL Teams - http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19908

Tigers' feeder clubs Balmain Ryde-Eastwood and Western Suburbs teams for NSW Cup
- http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19913

CMUX

This is very interesting, all to play for here, the Tigers aiming for top 2 and the Titans aiming for top 4.

I really don’t know who to pick, ill go for a draw….. even after extra time.

Sleep

Juniors
Both teams have a ton of injury concerns. I'll go with the Titans just cause they're at home.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
If Bryce Gibbs and Liam Fulton play (some chance) then I'd be more confident but as it stands I'm leaning towards the Titans.

TheFrog

Coach
This is a final a week early. Titans if beaten will most likely drop from the Top 4, quite possibly to 6th, but will likely finish 3rd if they can win by 10 or more. The Tigers cannot finish lower than 4th which is where they won the comp from in '05. Titans with more to play for and I think they'll prevail at home.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's talk Daniela will be ruled out, Meaney may come in to fullback and Brown to move into the centres.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Confirmed Meaney has been training with the Tigers and will travel to the Gold Coast with the NRL squad.