What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plane Crashes Into World Trade Centre

Thomas

First Grade
I was watching Channel 10 and they crossed to the US broadcast right after the first plane hit. I was watching them talk and in the background they had a live view of the two towers with one of them burning.

I then saw the second plane hit. I was all "WTF...that was another plane!".

I was watching Channel 10 and they crossed to the US broadcast right after the first plane hit. I was watching them talk and in the background they had a live view of the two towers with one of them burning.

yep, i was doing the same. When i saw the building on fire, on the tv (with the sound off) i was like, oh well this sh*t happens every day. Then when the 2nd plane hit, it was surreal and didnt leave the tv all night

alien

Referee
yep, i was doing the same. When i saw the building on fire, on the tv (with the sound off) i was like, oh well this sh*t happens every day. Then when the 2nd plane hit, it was surreal and didnt leave the tv all night

Yeah it didn't seem real at the time. I was thinking "who the heck was doing this". It was like hell on earth. The Earth is a crazy place. The weird thing is even though I saw those towers in movies I don't even think I knew those twin towers were called the world trade centre untill the terror attacks happened. People over there already had american flags on cars but it increased alot after the terrorist attacks. The attacks really seemed to unite the americans alot. That anthrax sh*t is what really scared me.

alien

Referee

Yeah that sounds like the one that I saw. I seem to remember seeing reporters on a roof top on a building in New York and you could see the towers behind them. I've been trying to find that one on YouTube but I can't seem to find that one.

These are some others http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lKZqqSI9-s

When I saw the second plane live I was was like :shock:
I think the thing that upset me the most was seeing the people jump. I think the fire would have rose in the building and the ones up the top were trapped. I think they had a choice to die from fire or smoke or jump. That would have been so frightening. I was scared of jumping down 5m into a pool off a diving board at parramatta, I can't imagine how bad it would have been for them.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
9 years. :|

Still remember every minute of that day like it was just last week...

Bulldog Force

Referee
I had no idea this forum was around back then. And who's this 'Imported Willow' fellow who started the thread? Is it the Willow the admin guy here?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
This is part of an imported forum called LWOS which preceeded LU/TFR.

Acka

Coach
It has been 9 years since this tragic event happened. But one question still remains why did the perpatrators of this horrific act do it? I still can't figure it out.

I watched lots of videos on Youtube last night, as I do every year at this time.

The worst 2 are the audio calls to 911 from the building. one of them is a girl above the fire and still hoping for someone to come and get them then halfway thru the call she starts crying and saying "I'm gonna die aren't I".

then theres the guy whos on the phone on the 55th floor and hes on the phone to the operator when the building collapses. Very chilling.

El Diablo

Post Whore
ten years folks

still remember that night well

was watching a DVD and got a phone call. watched TV till late chatting on the net at Leaguechat and posting at LWOS

bender

Juniors
I havent read this thread for a while. Who was the guy that stopped us all from wanting to nuke them after the first couple of pages?

I remember the 1 year anniversary more, that was a very bad day. Watching the news live it was quite surreal and almost felt like a dream. I remember the fear mongering of Iraq and the Middle East from 1998 onwards quite well, particularly a day one of high school prank by our teacher telling us missiles had been launched to Sydney by the Iraqi's and we had to make it to a bomb shelter that was set up near by and could only grab a handful of things so what's most important to us :roll: But this didn't seem real and like it was so over the top for the state of the world that it belonged in a movie.

September 11,2002. That was a bad day. That was the day the event became "real" upon reflection that 365 days ago that DID happen and at my school shit hit the fan.

joshie

Live Update Team
I was only 8 when this happened and i still remember it very clearly.

I woke up for Dragon Ball Z, got up a little too early, and flicked on channel ten, then i thought it was a movie. I didn't like the look of it, so i flicked to channel 7, the same thing, Abc, SBS, NINE, all of them had this on. this is where i got agitated and upset. I ran straight into mums room and screamed at her "America has been bombed" and she instantly jumped up and went to the TV. she called her mother, shaking and crying, worrying for mine and my sisters welfare in regards to a World War Three. Then i walked to school, upset and agitated, and when i got to class they played the TV and tried to explain to us what was going on.

to this day, I can remember everything that happened that morning, it really shook me up, and i am now 18.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I was 13. I remember being up late and I was watching something on TV1 I think and a news bulletin started scrolling down the bottom. I didn't pay much attention and switched to Fox8, same thing. My mum read it and ran into the lounge room and told me to turn to one of the news channels.

I watched that second plane fly into the second building. It didn't hit me what was happening really. I got a little worried when my mum explained to me about this new type of war. Terrorism.

I went to bed later and when I woke up I thought i dreamed it all. Then mum told me about the Pentagon and I was really concerned.

I went to school (I was in year 7) and I remember talking about it with people there. Then we had an assembly. To this day I can remember what that assembly was about. It was about the boys in the higher grades holding their dicks too much. I shit you not, the boys would be talking to teachers and holding their girlfriends hands while holding their dicks. (not exposed of course) That assembly took the worry away from most of us for a while.

Looking back today. Looking back at YouTube clips of what happened. It brought back alot of feeling.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I was 13. I remember being up late and I was watching something on TV1 I think and a news bulletin started scrolling down the bottom. I didn't pay much attention and switched to Fox8, same thing. My mum read it and ran into the lounge room and told me to turn to one of the news channels.

I watched that second plane fly into the second building. It didn't hit me what was happening really. I got a little worried when my mum explained to me about this new type of war. Terrorism. Anthrax worried me most.

I went to bed later and when I woke up I thought i dreamed it all. Then mum told me about the Pentagon and I was really concerned.

I went to school (I was in year 7) and I remember talking about it with people there. Then we had an assembly. To this day I can remember what that assembly was about. It was about the boys in the higher grades holding their dicks too much. I shit you not, the boys would be talking to teachers and holding their girlfriends hands while holding their dicks. (not exposed of course) That assembly took the worry away from most of us for a while.

Looking back today. Looking back at YouTube clips of what happened. It brought back alot of feeling.

joshie

Live Update Team
This thread will never die. Every year we need to bump it up and remember. As someone said, this truly is a piece of history because the raw reactions and comments from people is just amazing.

Latest posts