What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers 2011 NRL Squad

blackandwhite

Juniors
Lets give Andrew Fifita a rest for a while and try and work out next years squad.............. or we could just wait 2 weeks for them to tell us.

Assuming it will be along the same lines as this year.

Wests Tigers CEO Stephen Humphreys said “We expect to have a full-time squad of 34 players in 2010 along with six additional players who will train full-time over the off-season’’

Top 25 Squad:

8 Others :

6 Additional Summer:

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Of the players I'm pretty confident that are here for next year

Blake Ayshford
Mitch Brown
Geoff Daniela
Simon Dwyer
Gareth Ellis
Robbie Farah
Andrew Fifita - unless he's signed / linked that 10 year contract with the Dogs
Mark Flanagan
Liam Fulton
Keith Galloway
Bryce Gibbs
Chris Heighington
Chris Lawrence
Robert Lui
Benji Marshall
Wade McKinnon
Tim Moltzen
Ben Murdoch-Masila
Todd Payten
Beau Ryan
Taniela Tuiaki
Lote Tuqiri
Aaron Woods

Then there's Alan & Jason Shirnack, Willie Mataka, Junior Moors, Blake Lazarus, Nathan Waters, Sam Latu & Sean Meaney as fringe players that have played the odd game of firsts but I'm not sure of contract status for next year.

Skando & Fitzy will hopefully retire.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lets give Andrew Fifita a rest for a while and try and work out next years squad.............. or we could just wait 2 weeks for them to tell us.

Assuming it will be along the same lines as this year.

Wests Tigers CEO Stephen Humphreys said “We expect to have a full-time squad of 34 players in 2010 along with six additional players who will train full-time over the off-season’’

Top 25 Squad:

8 Others :

6 Additional Summer:
If it's 34 players plus 6 others, wouldn't that mean a breakdown of

Top 25 squad:

9 others:

6 additional over summer:

Sorry b&w, just being a pedantic maths nazi lol ;-)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Of the players I'm pretty confident that are here for next year

Blake Ayshford
Mitch Brown
Geoff Daniela
Simon Dwyer
Gareth Ellis
Robbie Farah
Andrew Fifita - unless he's signed / linked that 10 year contract with the Dogs
Mark Flanagan
Liam Fulton
Keith Galloway
Bryce Gibbs
Chris Heighington
Chris Lawrence
Robert Lui
Benji Marshall
Wade McKinnon
Tim Moltzen
Ben Murdoch-Masila
Todd Payten
Beau Ryan
Taniela Tuiaki
Lote Tuqiri
Aaron Woods

Then there's Alan & Jason Shirnack, Willie Mataka, Junior Moors, Blake Lazarus, Nathan Waters, Sam Latu & Sean Meaney as fringe players that have played the odd game of firsts but I'm not sure of contract status for next year.

Skando & Fitzy will hopefully retire.
you've got 31 there, pretty good effort. can you think of three more?

I dare say some more under 20's players. Mullaney possibly.

I reckon the 6 newbies over summer will be depth players.

Is Cayless still contracted to us?

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I've seen rumour the Shirnack brothers are moving on to greener pastures as too Mataka. Reckon Lazarus & Fitzy are gone. I hope Moors stays
I'm sure Cayless and Tupou will be released / not re-signed.

Possible McKinnon may be given a more searching medical off season to see if he can stand the rigours of a full season. A decison may have to made there even though they did sign him for 2 years.

That leaves a few more vacant spots. Agree some mroe depth palyers- usual suspects though please- props and a good halfback prospect please

Bricey

Juniors

Mallaney for sure and what about Tangive? Not the one we had and sold to St George.... I mean the one we signed from canterbury's U/20's side

Tiger Hawk

Bench
I've heard Mullaney is highly unlikely to be with us next year.

But there's a whole raft of other ex-20s, current 20s and current reserve grade players that could make up the numbers (Akeripa, Davis etc etc). I just don't know their contract status and didn't want to speculate.

Radical Rat

Juniors

Fitzy and Tame Tupou have been released. Cayless is still here.

gronkathon

First Grade
Mataka is staying it would seem at this stage.

Hyland will be a part of the top squad even though I fail to see how he has earned it

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Mataka is staying it would seem at this stage.

Hyland will be a part of the top squad even though I fail to see how he has earned it

Hyland certainly hasnt pressured the big boys yet despite a year of training and potential opportunity. Suppose Sheens & co see the potential in keeping rather than discarding.

But in the broader thought I reckon the second stringers who have been given the opportunity to train and learn with the main squad may be liable to be poached by other clubs for the opportunity to pressure for a first grade spot. The WT main roster for selection this year hasnt had much movement in it.

andrew9148

Juniors
Re Cayless, Sheens often mentions him when discussing the injuries that the Tigers had this year. Clearly he is still in the back of his mind. He did sign a 2 year deal. I know its a long long shot, but if he did get his sh*t together it would be great.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
really, the news earlier suggested Tupou had retired.

Jeez some clarification from the club would be helpful

westie

Bench
That would be a massive shame, though not at all unexpected. A "swap" for Graham? We'd surely lose out on that one.