What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Rumour Mill - potential signings, releases, extensions & other news

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
This is where you post signings, re-signings, releases etc if the club or NRL has not confirmed them.

Rules:

As with anything, please provide a source for where you heard the rumour.

If you heard it on another forum and it's not sourced there, don't post it here. If it was sourced on that forum, provide the source, not the forum.

If you can't reveal your sources, please don't post. There are too many risks associated with unsourced material.

If you aren't sure - ask a mod. Don't assume you can post something because you think it's reliable.

Go the Bulldogs!

Doga

Juniors
I heard a rumour that Jonathon Thurston is coming back to the Dogs

Trent Hodkinson to Hooker, Ennis out of here.

Source: JT about 2 weeks back

Pretty sure he was taking the piss.

franklin2323

Immortal
According to Panthers forum. Junior Tia-Kilifi released prob heading to Newtown. anyone heard anything?

MatthewA

Juniors
Heard the same thing. Was also tweeted on what I thought was an official NRL twitter account but turned out to simply be a websites account, not the official NRL one.

franklin2323

Immortal
Heard the same thing. Was also tweeted on what I thought was an official NRL twitter account but turned out to simply be a websites account, not the official NRL one.

Maybe that was where it came from. This time of the year lots of rumours no one working in Football clubs to confirm even most players are away on holidays or rep teams. I guess we will find out in a few weeks

richies

Juniors
heka nani to wenty
nothing in the papers or the like
from a bloke that knows a few dog officials
want me to remove it?
cant remember what date it was posted and it will be hard to find

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Released by the club and still playing for the club? :?

WTF? :lol:

Packy

Bench
I read it as to say that he is released form his binding contract and we won't see him in 1st grade at all this year.

Minotaur

Juniors
Theres been rumours that the knights are going to sign Wayne Bennett as coach and that Michael Ennis will be returning home at the end of his contract with us to play for the knights under Bennett.

If this is true, I don't know if I'm really too concerned about it. After the niggle and media talk, what does he really offer our team?

MatthewA

Juniors
He's one of the top hookers in the game and he's only going to get better.

I believe he'll stay and sign a contract very soon, for 4 years or so. I spoke to him face to face when he was in camp with Country and he said it wasn't a matter of if, but when, and that he'll be staying put.

Obviously a lot could have changed but I don't see him leaving and I for one hope he stays for a long time.

Timmah

Staff member
"Rumours"?

More like you had a dream about it :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
We operate our own NSW Cup side now, so it's still the same club :?

The Colonel

Immortal
We operate our own NSW Cup side now, so it's still the same club :?

The top 25 and the NSW Cup side are two different set ups even though they are administered by the same. Basically he won't be a part of either the NRL side nor the second tier squad.

Timmah

Staff member
If our depth is tested though, surely he'll be given the opportunity to play NRL?

MisterX

Juniors
Beau Champion possibly signing with the Bulldogs.

Not yet confirmed.

Source - Private

-----

Mr X

Latest posts