What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R1 | Sun | Raiders 40-12 Sharks | Canberra

R1: CAN v CRO

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2011teams-can-main.jpg

Josh Dugan, Blake Ferguson, Jarrod Croker, Joel Thompson, Daniel Vidot, Josh McCrone, Matt Orford
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Alan Tongue, Dave Shillington, Joe Picker, Bronson Harrison, Shaun Fensom

Interchange: Glen Buttriss, Trevor Thurling, Dane Tilse, Brett White
Extended Bench: Danny Galea, Josh Miller

2011teams-cro-alt.jpg

Nathan Gardner, Matthew Wright, Dean Collis, Colin Best, John Williams, Albert Kelly, Wade Graham
Kade Snowden, John Morris, Luke Douglas, Jeremy Smith, Anthony Tupou, Paul Gallen (c)

Interchange: Josh Cordoba, Broderick Wright, Paul Aiton, Jayson Bukuya
Extended Bench: Johnny Mannah, Ben Pomeroy, Shane Flanagan

2011ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Ashley Klein
Adam Devcich
Touch Judges: Ricky McFarlane, Jason Walsh
Video Ref: Phil Cooley

Toyota Cup Round 1
Storm v Sea Eagles @ AAMI Park, 5:15pm - teams here

QRL Intrust Super Cup commences 19 March

NSW Cup Round 1
Cronulla (CRO, MEL) v Newtown (SYD) @ Toyota, Sun 3:00pm - teams here

2011-r1cancro.jpg

Last edited:

aussies1st

Staff member
The Sharks have announced their 20 man squad, Kelly and Graham will be the halves.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Interested to see the raiders halves, I don't think an upset is completely out of the question here.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The Sharkies always perform well down here and with Orford still in doubt this could be a tough one. I also rate Wade Graham (I think the Panthers kept the wrong bloke), he could be just what the Sharks need.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Raiders have a great team this year and are not a one man team but play way better with Campo in the side.. Look to last year when he came off injured.. It was see ya later. I think the first 10 weeks will be tough for them but they will learn to win without him and when he returns they will probably go on to win the comp.

Raiders 26-20 Sharks. That's my prediction. I am predicting that the Raiders defence will be poor in the 2nd half and the Sharks will come close to winning.

Christmas Ape

Juniors
If the Raiders hold on to the ball they'll do it easy. If not, the Sharks will get a sniff and frustrate Canberra out of the game.

My tip - Raiders 22 Sharks 14

Timbo

Staff member
Raiders round one team:

1. Josh Dugan
2. Blake Ferguson
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Joel Thompson
5. Daniel Vidot
6. Josh McCrone
7. Matt Orford
8. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
9. Alan Tongue
10. David Shillington
11. Joe Picker
12. Bronson Harrison
13. Shaun Fensom

14. Brett White
15. Dane Tilse
16. Trevor Thurling
17. Glen Buttriss
18, Josh Miller
19. Danny Galea

Pretty decent Raiders side, other than Tongue at hooker and Buttriss on the bench rather than vice-versa.

Am confident we'll take the Sharks with that side.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Canberra Raiders v Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Sunday 13 March 2011, kickoff 2:00pm; Canberra Stadium
Referees: Ashley Klein, Adam Devcich; Touch Judges: Ricky McFarlane, Jason Walsh; Video Ref: Phil Cooley

Raiders: Josh Dugan, Blake Ferguson, Jarrod Croker, Joel Thompson, Daniel Vidot, Josh McCrone, Matt Orford, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Alan Tongue, Dave Shillington, Joe Picker, Bronson Harrison, Shaun Fensom
Interchange: Glen Buttriss, Trevor Thurling, Dane Tilse, Brett White, Danny Galea, Josh Miller
Sharks: Nathan Gardner, Matthew Wright, Dean Collis, Colin Best, John Williams, Albert Kelly, Wade Graham, Kade Snowden, John Morris, Luke Douglas, Jeremy Smith, Anthony Tupou, Paul Gallen (c)
Interchange: Josh Cordoba, Broderick Wright, Paul Aiton, Jayson Bukuya, Johnny Mannah, Ben Pomeroy, Shane Flanagan

From NRL Teams: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20508

Toyota Cup (http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20510) and NSW Cup (http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20509) Teams available. QRL Intrust Super Cup starts next week.

Latest posts