What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R3 | Sun | Sea Eagles 26-12 Knights | Brookvale

R3: MAN v NWC

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2011teams-man-main.jpg

1. Brett Stewart 2. Michael Robertson 3. Will Hopoate 4. Tony Williams 5. David Williams 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Jason King (c) 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Joe Galuvao 13. Glenn Stewart

Interchange: 14. Terence Seuseu 15. Jamie Buhrer 16. George Rose 17. Vic Mauro
Extended Bench: 18. Tim Robinson

2011teams-nwc-alt.jpg

1. Kurt Gidley 2. James McManus,3. Junior Sa'u 4. Wes Naiqama 5. Akuila Uate 6. Beau Henry 7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Antonio Kaufusi 9. Matt Hilder 10. Evarn Tuimavave 11. Zeb Taia 12. Cameron Ciraldo 13. Chris Houston

Interchange: 14. Ben Rogers 15. Cory Paterson 16. Richie Fa'aoso 17. Dan Tolar
Extended Bench: 18. Joel Edwards

2011ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Shayne Hayne and Gerard Sutton
Touch Judges: Jeff Younis and David Munro
Video Referee: Paul Simpkins

Toyota Cup Round 3
Sea Eagles v Knights @ Brookvale, 12:45pm - teams here

NSW Cup Round 3
Canterbury (CBY) v Manly (MAN) @ The Crest, Sat 6:00pm
Newtown (SYD) v Central Coast (NWC) @ Henson Park, Sat 3:00pm
teams here

2011r3-mannwc.jpg

Last edited:

cupid

Juniors
We get King and hopefully G.Stewart back, which evens things up a bit. Hopefully Manly get fired up for the first home game and Brett's return to Brookvale.

Manly by 4

zombie jesus

Staff member
Brett Stewart hat trick on the way.
If Manly put on the hits like yesterday then Mullen could be a worry for the Knights with his sternum problem.

The 18th Man

Juniors
Really? Another Mullen injury concern. Such a shame. I just wrote that I'd love to see him injury free over the next couple years so as we get a chance to see him at full steam fulfilling his potential. Oh well...fingers crossed for Mullen and the Knights.

perverse

Referee
i expect Mullen to play. he's played long stints with a broken sternum before (a good portion of last year, in fact)... and thus far it's been reported as just a bruised sternum. he might be a bit uncomfortable, but if it's just bruising i expect he'll play with some padding. you can generally play with a crook sternum, it's just painful.

Knights should also have Gidley returning... and quite possibly Maddog, too. will still be missing De Gois and Costigan. i'm going to back the boys to make it 3 from 3 and roll into our first home game against the dragons in our new stadium undefeated.

Last edited:

Garts

Bench
I will pick Manly purely for the fact it is Brett Stewart's return to Brookvale. Still not confident though.

RHCP

Bench
I was previously looking beyond this game to the clash with St. George, but after the effort Manly made yesterday, this game has got my undivided attention.

There's injury concerns on both sides of the fence, but we showed it against North Queensland on Saturday night and Manly did the same yesterday afternoon, winning with a very depleted side.

If the Sea Eagles carry the same emotion and dedication they did over to this game, they'll go close to winning. I've got a whole lot of respect for what they accomplished yesterday. I didn't back us against the Cowboys, but do win in the fashion we did minus Gidley, Costigan, Mad Dog and De Gois, I've got great confidence in the side.

Newcastle by 8.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Mad Dog to show up and have the game of his life.

Knights by 4. Off the back of a Mad Dog pass to Aku in the last 5 minutes of the game.

clipser

Juniors
I'm biast, and i shall be sitting on the hill cheering the boys on. Brooky to be a full house for Brett's return and manly to win by 10.

to_ddeath

Coach
Manly are at Brookvale and on the back of a win,gut says they'll get up, but could go either way this one.

T.

eagles4eva

First Grade
As per the Sea Eagles website, Glenn Stewart may be a few weeks away, with Tony Williams and wolfman to be monitored through the week, be interesting to see what happens if those two aren’t passed fit...

perverse

Referee
article posted in the Knights forum says Mullen trained in relative comfort (he was a bit uncomfortable, but it didn't hinder him) and is almost a certainty to play. Gidleys back is coming good but he's still probably in a bit more doubt than Mullen. Mad Dog will resume training this week, will see where he is at mentally and physically before making a decision on him later in the week.

so as per my previous post, it's looking likely that De Gois and Costigan will be our main ommissions at this stage.

Bicey_18

Bench
Sea Eagles V Knights @ Brookvale

Head to head @ Brookvale: Manly 9, Newcastle 2

2006: Knights 26-12
2005: Sea Eagles 48-26
2004: Sea Eagles 48-10
1998: Knights 50-16
1997: Sea Eagles 22-8
1996: Sea Eagles 28-12
1994: Sea Eagles 32-16
1993 - Sea Eagles 22-4
1990 - Sea Eagles 28-12
1989 - Sea Eagles 22-12
1988 - Sea Eagles 44-12

jonno_knights

Juniors
Sea Eagles V Knights @ Brookvale

Head to head @ Brookvale: Manly 9, Newcastle 2

2006: Knights 26-12
2005: Sea Eagles 48-26
2004: Sea Eagles 48-10
1998: Knights 50-16
1997: Sea Eagles 22-8
1996: Sea Eagles 28-12
1994: Sea Eagles 32-16
1993 - Sea Eagles 22-4
1990 - Sea Eagles 28-12
1989 - Sea Eagles 22-12
1988 - Sea Eagles 44-12

With the rain down my way yesterday being a throwback to the 1998 floods down here, wouldnt mind a repeat of the 1998 scoreline.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I don't think we'll get a blowout in this game considering both teams are evenly matched. Manly are more worthy opposition than the Panthers and Cowboys so this one should go right down to the wire.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles v Newcastle Knights
Sunday 27 March 2011, kickoff 3:00pm; Brookvale Oval
Referees: Shayne Hayne and Gerard Sutton; Touch Judges: Jeff Younis and David Munro; Video Referee: Paul Simpkins

Sea Eagles: 1. Brett Stewart 2. Michael Robertson 3. Will Hopoate 4. Tony Williams 5. David Williams 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Jason King (c) 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Joe Galuvao 13. Glenn Stewart
Interchange: 14. Terence Seuseu 15. Jamie Buhrer 16. George Rose 17. Vic Mauro 18. Tim Robinson
Knights: 1. Kurt Gidley 2. James McManus,3. Junior Sa'u 4. Wes Naiqama 5. Akuila Uate 6. Beau Henry 7. Jarrod Mullen 8. Antonio Kaufusi 9. Matt Hilder 10. Evarn Tuimavave 11. Zeb Taia 12. Cameron Ciraldo 13. Chris Houston
Interchange: 14. Ben Rogers 15. Cory Paterson 16. Richie Fa'aoso 17. Dan Tolar 18. Joel Edwards

NRL Teams: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20633

Other grades:
Toyota Cup: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20642
NSW Cup: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20639

Latest posts