What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R3 | Sun | Warriors 12-25 Dragons | Mt Smart

R3: WAR v STG

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2011teams-nzw-main.jpg

1. Lance Hohaia 2. Kevin Locke 3. Joel Moon 4. Jerome Ropati 5. Krisnan Inu 6. James Maloney 7. Brett Seymour
8. Sam Rapira 9. Aaron Heremaia 10. Russell Packer 11. Simon Mannering (c) 12. Feleti Mateo 13. Micheal Luck

Interchange: 14. Shaun Berrigan 15. Jacob Lillyman 16. Ben Matulino 17. Lewis Brown
Extended Bench: 18. Elijah Taylor

2011teams-stg-main.jpg

1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Mark Gasnier 4. Matt Cooper 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby
8. Dan Hunt 9. Nathan Fien 10. David Gower 11. Beau Scott 12. Ben Creagh 13. Matt Prior

Interchange: 14. Michael Greenfield 15. Jon Green 16. Trent Merrin 17. Kyle Stanley
Extended Bench: 24. Mitch Rein

2011ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Ben Cummins and Tony De Las Heras
Touch Judges: Paul Holland and Henry Perenara
Video Referee: Chris Ward

Toyota Cup Round 3
Warriors v Dragons @ Mt Smart, 11:45am NZ time
(9:45am LIVE FOX Sports 2+2HD) - teams here

NSW Cup Round 3
Auckland (WAR) v Cronulla (CRO, MEL) @ Mt Smart #2, Sat 1:00pm - teams here

2011r3-nzwstg.jpg

Last edited:

Hutty1986

Immortal
An absolute slugfest in the wet.. now we have a road trip to NZ.. jeeesus!

I do expect a different team out there next Sunday though and this will be a cracker

CMUX

This game has all of a sudden become very interesting. With the Dragons tough away draw I had them winning their 1st 2 and then succumbing to fatigue and losing this one. I also had the warriors with at least 1 win coming into round 3.

Instead they are looking down the barrel at 0-3 and will be desperate against a team that rarely loses 2 in a row but all of a sudden looks a tiny bit vulnerable.

Doomednow

Bench
I want to pick warriors, but my gut tells me the Dragons will pick up after such a rubbish result against the Sharks.

The 18th Man

Juniors
Tough game to tip, the Dragons made me a little nervous in how they showed up last night away from home. Poor attitude and execution. The Warriors on the other hand were poor in round one at home against the Eels. The safe option is the Dragons who will bounce back from the worst effort in a couple years.

to_ddeath

Coach
Not confident.
Warriors desperate for a win, worst time to be playing them away from home IMO...
If it's slightly wet or mostly dry - Us by 4.
If it rains & it's a greasy bog track like last night - Warriors by 2.
Golden point is highly possible going on current form from both sides.

T.

Jono1987

Juniors
Being a bit tough there The 18th Man. I thought the boys tried their hardest to get back into the game. Full credit to the Sharks. I'm going to be very interested in how the Sharks back up...when you play with such intencity it's usually very tough to back it up the following week.

I'm praying this game is played in sunshine. If it is I can see both teams crossing the line multiple times. I just get the feeling we'll bounce back and hold off a late fightback from the Warriors. If it rains however, it becomes a toss of the coin job.

Saints 28
Warriors 16

FTS Morris
MOM Boyd

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Warriors v St George Illawarra Dragons
Sunday 27 March 2011, kickoff Noon; Mt Smart Stadium
Referees: Ben Cummins and Tony De Las Heras; Touch Judges: Paul Holland and Henry Perenara; Video Referee: Chris Ward

Warriors: 1. Lance Hohaia 2. Kevin Locke 3. Joel Moon 4. Jerome Ropati 5. Krisnan Inu 6. James Maloney 7. Brett Seymour 8. Sam Rapira 9. Aaron Heremaia 10. Russell Packer 11. Simon Mannering (c) 12. Feleti Mateo 13. Micheal Luck
Interchange: 14. Shaun Berrigan 15. Jacob Lillyman 16. Ben Matulino 17. Lewis Brown 18. Elijah Taylor
Dragons
: 1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Mark Gasnier 4. Matt Cooper 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby 8. Dan Hunt 9. Nathan Fien 10. David Gower 11. Beau Scott 12. Ben Creagh 13. Matt PriorInterchange: 14. Michael Greenfield 15. Jon Green 16. Trent Merrin 17. Kyle Stanley 18. Mitch Rein

NRL Teams: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20633

Other grades:
Toyota Cup: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20642
NSW Cup: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20639

Daddycool

Juniors
I've gone the Warriors in this one. The Dragons were beaten up by the Sharks and only a couple of consolation tries made the score "respectable". Backing up from Monday night and without Weyman or Scott..... The Warriors should win at home.

_Johnsy

Referee
We should get them after such an average performance against the sharks, however my gut tells me something completely different.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I've gone the Warriors in this one. The Dragons were beaten up by the Sharks and only a couple of consolation tries made the score "respectable". Backing up from Monday night and without Weyman or Scott..... The Warriors should win at home.

Tigers were missing half their forward pack after backing up on Monday and still won.

Warriors attack is the most abysmal embarrassing sight to see in league today. They won't score squat against the Dragons unless it's from a bomb or close range bargeover.

Dragons 26
Warriors 10

hitman82

Bench
I picked us to win on the Poll.

But that's mainly muscle memory.

We are a directionless, error-prone, rabble of lay-about no-hopers with minimal starch and negative mana.

The Warriors without Manu are like vodka without alcohol content - a bland and miserable waste of time.

If we lose by less than 40 points I'm going to be a very happy fan.

Latest posts