What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Heritage Round | Fri | Tigers 30-6 Rabbitohs | SFS

R5: WST v SOU

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2011teams-wst-bal.jpg

1. Wade McKinnon 2. Mitch Brown 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Geoff Daniela 5. Matt Utai 6. Benji Marshall 7. Tim Moltzen
8. Bryce Gibbs 9. Robbie Farah 10. Keith Galloway 11. Simon Dwyer 12. Alan Schirnack 13. Chris Heighington

Interchange: 14. Jacob Miller 15. Andrew Fifita 16. Aaron Woods 17. Todd Payten

2011teams-sou-her.jpg

1. Rhys Wesser 2. Nathan Merrit 3. Dylan Farrell 4. Greg Inglis 5. Fetuli Talanoa 6. John Sutton 7. Chris Sandow
8. Luke Stuart 9. Issac Luke 10. Roy Asotasi 11. Sam Burgess 12. David Taylor 13. David Tyrrell

Interchange: 14. Ben Ross 15. Shannan McPherson 16. Michael Crocker 17. Chris McQueen

2011ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Ashley Klein
Adam Devcich
Touch Judges: Russell Turner and Ricky MacFarlane
Video Referee: Steve Clark

Toyota Cup Round 5
Tigers v Rabbitohs @ SFS, 5:15pm

NSW Cup Round 5
Western Suburbs (WST) v Balmain Ryde-Eastwood (WST) @ Campbelltown, Sat 3:00pm
North Sydney (SOU) v Central Coast (NWC) @ North Sydney Oval, Sun 3:00pm

2011-r5wstsou.jpg

Last edited:

Bench
It's about time we won this fixture.
Not with the troops available at the minute we won't,Sheens picking Miller at half and starting him would help,so would dropping Daniela who was awful,but so was Brown,Dwyer,Shirnack and others.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Not with the troops available at the minute we won't,Sheens picking Miller at half and starting him would help,so would dropping Daniela who was awful,but so was Brown,Dwyer,Shirnack and others.

Surely we can't play that bad two weeks in a row.

TBH I would give everyone another chance, and yes, I'd be starting Miller at half and having Moltzen on the bench.

Hopefully Ellis is back.

gronkathon

First Grade
Dwyer has had his chances. Look how Fifita responded to having his position threatened by BMM. Dwyer needs the same because at the moment he serves up the same thing weekly with no chance of his position being under threat

BunniesMan

Immortal
oh sh*t. most are actually picking us...won't be surprised if we lose now.

not really, we're improving every week, burgess should be back. with the tigers injuries, i'd be dissapointed if it's close.

CMUX

oh sh*t. most are actually picking us...won't be surprised if we lose now.

not really, we're improving every week, burgess should be back. with the tigers injuries, i'd be dissapointed if it's close.

Care to make a score line prediction? Perhaps you can put it in your sig like round 1 :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
Wests Tigers v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Friday 8 April 2011, kickoff 7:30pm; Sydney Football Stadium
Referees: Ashley Klein and Adam Devcich; Touch Judges: Russell Turner and Ricky MacFarlane; Video Referee: Steve Clark

Tigers: 1. Wade McKinnon 2. Mitch Brown 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Geoff Daniela 5. Matt Utai 6. Benji Marshall 7. Tim Moltzen 8. Bryce Gibbs 9. Robbie Farah 10. Keith Galloway 11. Simon Dwyer 12. Alan Schirnack 13. Chris Heighington
Interchange: 14. Jacob Miller 15. Andrew Fifita 16. Aaron Woods 17. Todd Payten
Rabbitohs: 1. Rhys Wesser 2. Nathan Merrit 3. Dylan Farrell 4. Greg Inglis 5. Fetuli Talanoa 6. John Sutton 7. Chris Sandow 8. Luke Stuart 9. Issac Luke 10. Roy Asotasi 11. Sam Burgess 12. David Taylor 13. David Tyrrell
Interchange: 14. Ben Ross 15. Shannan McPherson 16. Michael Crocker 17. Chris McQueen

From NRL Teams - Heritage Round: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20749

BunniesMan

Immortal
Care to make a score line prediction? Perhaps you can put it in your sig like round 1 :lol:
30-10

I've got 3 requirements to be personally pleased with us this friday.
1. Win by more than 12 points.
2. Score at least 30.
3. Don't concede more than 2 tries.

With us at near full stength, with them injury ravaged.

With matchups like
Inglis v Daniela (lol)
Burgess v Dwyer
Taylor v Shernack
Luke v a Farah who can hardly walk

I'll be dissapointed if it's close.

Major sign I'm looking for is further improvement in defense. Defense to go from being a 70 min effort to an 80 min effort.

Timmah

Staff member
Hold on...

Farah who can hardly walk, then in the same breath, Burgess who's only just coming back from injury?

Make up your mind, flea.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Hold on...

Farah who can hardly walk, then in the same breath, Burgess who's only just coming back from injury?

Make up your mind, flea.
Burgess had a relatively minor injury and he was almost ready last week and he wanted to play. Unlike the Tigers we don't let the inmates run the asylum and stopped him until he's absolutely 100% fit (as decided by some modern technology). Meanwhile Farah is doing more harm than good to his team by being a stubborn proud fool and playing when he shouldn't. Tigers don't have the balls to tell him to get it fixed so he's playing in pain and nowhere near 100%.

HUGE difference.

Dwyer has had his chances. Look how Fifita responded to having his position threatened by BMM. Dwyer needs the same because at the moment he serves up the same thing weekly with no chance of his position being under threat

Dwyer will hold his spot for the time being. When Ellis and Fulton return he may lose it, but until then we just don't have anyone better.

30-10

I've got 3 requirements to be personally pleased with us this friday.
1. Win by more than 12 points.
2. Score at least 30.
3. Don't concede more than 2 tries.

With us at near full stength, with them injury ravaged.

With matchups like
Inglis v Daniela (lol)
Burgess v Dwyer
Taylor v Shernack
Luke v a Farah who can hardly walk

I'll be dissapointed if it's close.

Major sign I'm looking for is further improvement in defense. Defense to go from being a 70 min effort to an 80 min effort.

This won't be a match-up. Both will be playing left centre.

oh, I may need to explain it to you, our left side attack will be up against your right hand side, it's like that because the 2 teams are facing the opposite direction, think about it for 10-15 minutes and you should be able to work it out. Ayshford will face up against Inglis while Daniella will face up against Farrell

Galeforce

Bench
re Burgess , i will be very happy if he walks off the field OK . Shoulder injuries can be bad news and recurring and in past good players have been plagued for a season or so. highlighted by Sam not completing his first game this year. So i am happy with Sam having a sound hit out and finishing OK.

BunniesMan

Immortal
This won't be a match-up. Both will be playing left centre.

oh, I may need to explain it to you, our left side attack will be up against your right hand side, it's like that because the 2 teams are facing the opposite direction, think about it for 10-15 minutes and you should be able to work it out. Ayshford will face up against Inglis while Daniella will face up against Farrell
Righto then. A slightly less but still huge mismatch. Ayshford isn't much better.

And that means Daniela is going to be seeing Burgess and Farrell. Farrell has scored 8 times in his first 9 games. Might get a third career hattrick with Burgess inside him terrorising Daniela and whoever out of Dwyer/Schirnack is unlucky enough to be on that side.

I'm predicting Taylor/Inglis and Burgess/Farrell to be too much for what is really a bunch of 2nd stringers.

As long as Sandow is able to get them quality ball (like he has the last couple weeks) we'll get 30+ points and even our defense should be good enough for this opposition.

3 good wins in a row and we'll have momentum for what should be a tough fortnight after this week.