What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R6 | Sun | Panthers 10-25 Storm | Centrebet

R6: PEN v MEL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2011teams-pen-main.jpg

1. Michael Gordon 2. Sandor Earl 3. Michael Jennings 4. Brad Tighe 5. David Simmons 6. Travis Burns 7. Luke Walsh
8. Tim Grant 9. Kevin Kingston 10. Petero Civoniceva 11. Trent Waterhouse 12. Nigel Plum 13. Sarafu Fatiaki

Interchange: 14. Nafe Seluini 15. Matthew Bell 16. Timana Tahu 17. Sam Mckendry

2011teams-mel-alt.jpg

1. Billy Slater 2. Matt Duffie 3. Dane Nielsen 4. Beau Champion 5. Anthony Quinn 6. Gareth Widdop 7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Bryan Norrie 11. Adam Blair 12. Kevin Proctor 13. Todd Lowrie

Interchange: 14. Adam Woolnough 15. Atelea Vea 16. Ryan Hinchcliffe 17. Jaiman Lowe
Extended Bench: 18. Justin O'Neill

2011ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Ben Cummins and Chris James
Touch Judges: David Abood and Henry Peranara
Video Referee: Russell Smith

Toyota Cup Round 6
Panthers v Storm @ Centrebet, Sun 12:45pm - teams here

NSW Cup Round 6
Manly-Warringah (MAN) v Windsor (PEN) @ Brookvale, Sat 1:15pm
Newtown (SYD) v Cronulla (CRO, MEL) @ Henson Park, Sat 3:00pm
teams here

QRL Intrust Super Cup Round 5
Easts (MEL) v Norths (BRI) @ Langlands Park, Sat 3:00pm - teams here

r6-penmel.jpg

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Elliott is due to grab a win over Bellamy. Hard to imagine it will happen with how both teams have been playing (ie. Panthers crap, Storm awesome), but hopefully last week was the start of our season getting back on track. A win here would definitely be a great change in momentum after the first 4 weeks.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Storm weren't impressive last time they played Away, so i will just use that as a reason we might win.

pantherz9103

First Grade
An Elliott team has to beat a Bellamy some time... Been waiting since 2003.

Melbourne are not so brilliant away from home, we have a chance if we complete our sets like against Canberra.

Timmah

Staff member
Penrith Panthers v Melbourne Storm
Sunday 17 April 2011, kickoff 3:00pm; Centrebet Stadium Penrith
Referees: Ben Cummins and Chris James; Touch Judges: David Abood and Henry Peranara; Video Referee: Russell Smith

Panthers: 1. Michael Gordon 2. Sandor Earl 3. Michael Jennings 4. Brad Tighe 5. David Simmons 6. Travis Burns 7. Luke Walsh 8. Tim Grant 9. Kevin Kingston 10. Petero Civoniceva 11. Trent Waterhouse 12. Nigel Plum 13. Sarafu Fatiaki
Interchange: 14. Nafe Seluini 15. Matthew Bell 16. Timana Tahu 17. Sam Mckendry
Storm: 1. Billy Slater 2. Matt Duffie 3. Dane Nielsen 4. Beau Champion 5. Anthony Quinn 6. Gareth Widdop 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Bryan Norrie 11. Adam Blair 12. Kevin Proctor 13. Todd Lowrie
Interchange: 14. Adam Woolnough 15. Atelea Vea 16. Ryan Hinchcliffe 17. Jaiman Lowe 18. Justin O'Neill

From NRL Teams Round 6: http://leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20807

Lower grades including Toyota, NSW and QRL Cup teams: http://leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20828

chrisD

Coach
Same team as last week is good but for our wingers. Duffie and Quinn will slaughter Earl and Simmons if given the chance. Woolnough will probably have a blinder.

Doomednow

Bench
I realise I'm probably throwing it away but f**k it, I'm tipping Panthers. Came through for me last week so they've earned a scrap of my enthusiasm back. If they lost against Canberra I was going to abandon them for the season. At least in regards to tipping.

goosie

Juniors
im confident we can win this if the whole panther side plays similar to last week .
a touch better .

to_ddeath

Coach
Penrith have been my bogey tipping side all season, so therefore an upset is on the cards.
Would like to see the home crowd get a bit more vocal & give sh*t to the visitors ala late last season
whenever they travelled north...

T.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Storm have lost their last 7 away games. Didn't realise that stat although it has to be said that 6 of those losses were from 2010 when they had nothing to play for. The Cowboys thumped them in their only away game to date in 2011. If it was at Olympic it would be pretty certain for Storm 13+ but a Penrith 1-12 is good value with us at home, assuming those insipid efforts of R1 and 3 are well behind us...

Timmah

Staff member
You must be awfully confused as to which team to support pantherz9103 :sarcasm:

Butters

Bench
The cowboys game was an aberration. Melbourne went into that game cocky expecting to win and played like spastics, throwing the ball all over the place in the pouring rain. That loss stomped some sense into them, they definitely won't be going into this game with the same 'tude.

Melbourne by 10.

pantherz9103

First Grade
You must be awfully confused as to which team to support pantherz9103 :sarcasm:

:roll: That jibe at me got old a long time ago Tim. I don't like the Storm :? and if I said they were my 2nd team a few times that was before the salary cap debacle.

Last edited:

Didgi

Timmy two teams having a go at someone else for having a soft spot for a second team is he?

Latest posts