What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R9 | Sun | Dragons 22-8 Cowboys | WIN Jubilee

R9: STG v NQL

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2011teams-stg-main.jpg

1. Kyle Stanley 2. Brett Morris 3. Mark Gasnier 4. Matt Cooper 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby (c)
8. Dan Hunt 9. Dean Young 10. Michael Weyman 11. Beau Scott 12. Ben Creagh 13. Matt Prior

Interchange: 14. Jon Green 15. Nathan Fien 16. Adam Cuthbertson 17. Trent Merrin

2011teams-nql-main.jpg

1. Matthew Bowen 2. Ashley Graham 3. Antonio Winterstein 4. Willie Tonga 5. Kalifa Faifai Loa 6. Ray Thompson 7. Johnathan Thurston (c)
8. Matthew Scott (c) 9. Aaron Payne 10. James Tamou 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Glenn Hall 13. Dallas Johnson

Interchange: 14. Scott Bolton 15. Leeson Ah Mau 16. Tariq Sims 17. Ashton Sims

2011ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Matt Cecchin and Gavin Badger
Touch Judges: Russell Turner and Adam Reid
Video Referee: Tim Mander

Toyota Cup Round 9 teams click here
Dragons v Cowboys @ WIN Jubilee, Sun 12:45pm

QRL Intrust Super Cup Round 7 teams click here
Mackay (NQL) v Wynnum Manly (BRI) @ Shark Park, Mackay, Sun 2:00pm
Northern (NQL) v Redcliffe (BRI) @ Barlow Park, Cairns, Sun 2:00pm

nrl-r9stgnql.jpg

Last edited:

thommo4pm

Coach
Cowboys have a massive shot here.
We'll have up too 11 players either backing up or not playing at all.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
This will really test our depth... Our backs should back up without issue (Morris, Nightingale, Soward) but I suspect we'll have a few forwards out for this one.

Still I think we'll get the cash, but it'll be a close contest either way.

I'm hoping for a full 80 from the Cows those defensive lapses will cost them a game sooner than later. Cows only have 2 players backing up from rep duty (Thurston & Scott) so compared to the Dragons it be a fresher squad. Hopefully it's a close game.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I think they'll probably get us. 8 players backing up, 2 with niggling injuries. We've lost this corresponding match the last 2 years, though we nearly managed to pinch an undeserved win against the Cows in 09. Hopefully the home ground advanatage is enough to get us over the line.

beave

Coach
it's a damn shame that the rep games are going to interfere deluxe with this match....... I really wanted to see where my boys stand in the grand scheme of things and play a full strength Dragons team, no point playing a highly weakened team and win comfortable and get all cocky........ though to be honest I don't think the 2011 cowboys will be cocky but you get what I mean.

thommo4pm

Coach
it's a damn shame that the rep games are going to interfere deluxe with this match....... I really wanted to see where my boys stand in the grand scheme of things and play a full strength Dragons team, no point playing a highly weakened team and win comfortable and get all cocky........ though to be honest I don't think the 2011 cowboys will be cocky but you get what I mean.

True, it would have been ( and still can be I guess) a great spectacle on a Sunny afternoon at Kogarah.
I heard yesterday that the Cowboys haven't played a day game for almost 4 years. That's a long time, obviously I understand why they don't play the home games in the day time.

Hutty1986

Immortal
We are going to have a massive amount of guys backing up and possibly no Gasnier, we will be up against it I think but the likes of Hornby and Cooper will give us a big chance and hopefully most of our guys can back up. Will be tight

thommo4pm

Coach
The Dragons have lost both Prior & Hunt to Country Origin duty today also.

Basically our entire top 17 will be backing up or injured (under injury cloud).

Boyd - Injured
Morris - Aust
Gasnier - Injured
Cooper - ok
Nighty - NZ
Soward - Country
Hornby - ok

Hunt - Country
Fien - NZ
Weyman - ok
Scott - Australia (should be fresh as only 18th man)
Creagh - Australia
Prior - Country

Young - Injured
Merrin - Country
Green & Stanley ok

The Cows will also have a few backing up or not playing.
The rep games should almost be stand alone weekends.

Slackboy72

Coach
The Dragons have lost both Prior & Hunt to Country Origin duty today also.

Basically our entire top 17 will be backing up or injured (under injury cloud).

Boyd - Injured
Morris - Aust
Gasnier - Injured
Cooper - ok
Nighty - NZ
Soward - Country
Hornby - ok

Hunt - Country
Fien - NZ
Weyman - ok
Scott - Australia (should be fresh as only 18th man)
Creagh - Australia
Prior - Country

Young - Injured
Merrin - Country
Green & Stanley ok

The Cows will also have a few backing up or not playing.
The rep games should almost be stand alone weekends.

I can see 5 there that you say are okay. 6 if Scott stays 18th man.
The only issue is the lack of prep they will have during the week.

thommo4pm

Coach
I can see 5 there that you say are okay. 6 if Scott stays 18th man.
The only issue is the lack of prep they will have during the week.

I've got a feeling Bennett will rest some of them from Sunday's match.
As we play the Dogs on the Friday night next week.
The dogs have the bye, so a lot of our guys will be playing 4 games in 12 days if they play against the Cows and the Dogs.
The Dogs will be a lot fresher as they only have a handful playing this weekend, and even then those guys get 7 days recovery.

Think Emmett, Gower, Greenfield, Tagive, Bosden & Rein may get given a run this weekend (some of them anyway).

Charlie124

First Grade
As great as it is to test your team against the best in the comp, if we got to play a depleated Dragons outfit and get the win, ill still be over the moon with that. You can only play the team in front of you and at the end of the day a wins a win and to potentially be 9 rounds into the comp and have scalps like Brisbane, Melbourne, Manly and St George under your belt is a huge deal for a Cowboys outfit who only managed to avoid the spoon last season because of the salary cap scandal.

I wont be going in to this game expecting anything less than a strong Dragons lineup and Sunday after noon has never been a happy time for us to play.

Cows in a very close one, hopefully.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Lookin forward to this. The Cows have been good to watch and their clean out has reaped immediate benefits.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
St George Illawarra Dragons v North Queensland Cowboys
Sunday 8 May 2011, kickoff 3:00pm; WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah
Broadcast: Channel 9 Delayed Telecast 4:00pm, 2GB & ABC Radio Live
Referee: Matt Cecchin and Gavin Badger; Touch Judges: Russell Turner and Adam Reid; Video Referee: Tim Mander

Dragons: 1. Kyle Stanley 2. Brett Morris 3. Mark Gasnier 4. Matt Cooper 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby (c) 8. Dan Hunt 9. Dean Young 10. Michael Weyman 11. Beau Scott 12. Ben Creagh 13. Matt Prior
Interchange: 14. Jon Green 15. Nathan Fien 16. Adam Cuthbertson 17. Trent Merrin
Cowboys: 1. Matthew Bowen 2. Ashley Graham 3. Antonio Winterstein 4. Willie Tonga 5. Kalifa Faifai Loa 6. Ray Thompson 7. Johnathan Thurston (c) 8. Matthew Scott (c) 9. Aaron Payne 10. James Tamou 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Glenn Hall 13. Dallas Johnson
Interchange: 14. Scott Bolton 15. Leeson Ah Mau 16. Tariq Sims 17. Ashton Sims

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21007

Latest posts