What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R13 | Fri | Eels 14-14* Dragons | Parramatta #nrlparstg

R13: STG v PAR

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2011teams-par-main.jpg

1. Jarryd Hayne 2. Luke Burt 3. Ryan Morgan 4. Jacob Loko 5. Jordan Atkins 6. Casey McGuire 7. Jeff Robson
8. Tim Mannah 9. Matt Keating 10. Fuifui Moimoi 11. Nathan Hindmarsh (C) 12. Taniela Lasalo 13. Ben Smith

Interchange: 15. Shane Shackleton 16. Mitchell Allgood 17. Carl Webb 19. Justin Horo

2011teams-stg-main.jpg

1. Darius Boyd 2. Ratu Peni Tagive 3. Mark Gasnier 4. Matt Cooper 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby (c)
8. Dan Hunt 9. Dean Young 10. Michael Weyman 11. Beau Scott 12. Ben Creagh 13. Matt Prior

Interchange: 14. Jon Green 15. Nathan Fien 16. Adam Cuthbertson 17. Trent Merrin
Extended Bench: 18. Jack Bosden 24. Mitch Rein

2011ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Ashley Klein and Gerard Sutton
Touch Judges: Paul Holland and Ricky MacFarlane; Video Referee: Sean Hampstead

Toyota Cup Round 13
Eels v Dragons @ Parramatta, Fri 5:15pm

NSW Cup Round 13
Newtown (SYD) v Wentworthville (PAR) @ Henson Park, Sat 3:00pm

Teams for TOYOTA CUP and NSW CUP - click here

nrl-r13parstg.jpg

Last edited:

Grail

Juniors
I don't think the scoreboard will go high enough... well, the good thing is, the Eels won't need their side of the scoreboard, so they can use both for the Dragons. I wonder when the last time was that a team was kept scoreless 3 times in a single season?

God-King Dean

Immortal
Morris definitely being out, & Cooper possibly out with a fractured cheekbone, Dragons left hand defence could be a concern.

Deacon

First Grade
Im a little concerned about this one, I think we'll line up like this

1. Boyd
2. Tagive
3. Scott
4. Gasnier
5. Nighty
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Weyman
9. Fien
10. Hunt
11. Young
12. Creagh
13. Prior

14. Stanley/Rein
15. Merrin
16. Cuthberston
17. Green

Eelementary

Post Whore
Common sense dictates that the Dragons will win, and well. And I think that is what will happen.

But usually the Eels switch on against quality sides and play a little more competitively - we tore the Bulldogs a new one before our two best players got binned, we competed against the Cowboys before JT turned it up and single-handedly tore us a new one and despite the dour scoreline we competed against Newcastle but were outclassed (they have a terrific three-quarter line and much better halves).

I think if the Eels' pack can turn up with intensity and focus on trying to contain St. George's brilliant pack, we can be competitive. And then the job becomes our fringe defence, which is where they tore us a new one the last time.

I am not expecting a win, but I am expecting a contest. But St. George's undeniable class will eventually prevail.

thommo4pm

Coach
Common sense dictates that the Dragons will win, and well. And I think that is what will happen.

But usually the Eels switch on against quality sides and play a little more competitively - we tore the Bulldogs a new one before our two best players got binned, we competed against the Cowboys before JT turned it up and single-handedly tore us a new one and despite the dour scoreline we competed against Newcastle but were outclassed (they have a terrific three-quarter line and much better halves).

I think if the Eels' pack can turn up with intensity and focus on trying to contain St. George's brilliant pack, we can be competitive. And then the job becomes our fringe defence, which is where they tore us a new one the last time.

I am not expecting a win, but I am expecting a contest. But St. George's undeniable class will eventually prevail.

I agree with you.

I think Parra will give everything this Friday night.
And I don't think it will be a blow out in our favour like others are possibly suggesting.

Gaba

First Grade
wiht hayne in the team

dragons 22-8
dragons 37-0
eels 25-12
dragons 30-0

eels score average 8 points

dragons average 25 points

score 26-8 to the dragons :)

Last edited:

Jono1987

Juniors
Hmmm.

With Cooper and Morris out we will struggle both offensively and defensively on the left hand side. Stanley I think comes into one centre spot and showed promise last year in the position. Tagive would naturally come onto the wing but there are reports he's injured, which is a shame for the guy. Looking abit skinny for depth in the outside backs at the moment.

Still I expect us to grind out a win here. Probably follow the all too familiar script. Blow out the opposition team early and then grind to a win.

Saints 24
Eels 10

_Johnsy

Referee
I'm guessing something along the lines of:

1. Boyd
2. Nighty
3. Gaz
4. Scott
5. Stanley
6. Sowie
7. Hornby
8. Weyman
9 Fein
10. Hunt
11. Creagh
12. Prior
13. Bosden

14. Merrin 15. Green 16. Rein 17. Cuthbo

LatK7

First Grade
Saints to win, but by no more than 12. Coops and Morris gone being a concern, but hopefully they fill the gaps well enough.

thommo4pm

Coach
Why don't you read Jubilee Avenue much anymore, thommo?

I was looking in there champ, but couldn't see the thread. Found it an hour or two after posting in here.
It wasn't appearing for me in the thread list, not sure what happened.

Jubilee ave is still the first forum I look at on this site. =)