What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R13 | Sun | Raiders 24-40 Cowboys | Canberra #nrlcancow

R13: CAN v NQL

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2011teams-can-alt.jpg

1. Josh Dugan 2. Blake Ferguson 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joel Thompson 5. Reece Robinson 6. Josh McCrone 7. Sam Williams
8. Dane Tilse 9. Alan Tongue (c) 10. Brett White 11. Joe Picker 12. Bronson Harrison 13. Shaun Fensom

Interchange: 14. Glen Buttriss 15. Josh Miller 16. Josh Papalii 17. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

2011teams-nql-alt184.jpg

1. Matthew Bowen 2. Ashley Graham 3. Antonio Winterstein 4. Gavin Cooper 5. Kalifa Faifai Loa 6. Ray Thompson 7. Johnathan Thurston (c)
8. Matthew Scott (c) 9. Aaron Payne 10. James Tamou 11. Tariq Sims 12. Glenn Hall 13. Dallas Johnson

Interchange: 14. James Segeyaro 15. Scott Bolton 16. Leeson Ah Mau 17. Ashton Sims

2011ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Gavin Badger and Phil Haines
Touch Judges: Jason Walsh and David Munro; Video Referee: Russell Smith

Toyota Cup Round 13
Raiders v Cowboys @ Canberra, Sun 11:45am (Live on FOX Sports 2+2HD)

QRL Intrust Super Cup Round 11
Tweed Heads (GCO) v Northern (NQL) @ Piggabeen Sports, Sat 2:00pm
Mackay (NQL) v Burleigh (GCO) @ Shark Park, Mackay, Sun 2:00pm
Norths (BRI) v Souths Logan (CAN) @ Bishop Park, Sun 3:00pm

Teams for TOYOTA CUP and QRL ISC - click here

nrl-r13cbrnql.jpg

Last edited:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Should be a good game.

Campo should be back but sounds like he might be coming off the bench. TLL back also.

Hopefully the boys can keep the ball rolling. Surprisingly only 2 wins outside of the Top 8.

beave

Coach
at least it's a day game, we haven't played the raiders down there during the daylight hours since 2001-2002 IIRC. Regardless, it will still be colder than a motherf**ker for the NQ boys. Should be a good game.

to_ddeath

Coach
Snot Machine too hard to beat at Milk Stadium now that form has been found, should get over the line but this deserves to be a thriller
of a game regardless....

T.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Canberra Raiders v North Queensland Cowboys
Sunday 5 June 2011, kickoff 2:00pm; Canberra Stadium
TV: Live FOX Sports 2 & 2 HD; Live Radio: ABC, 2CC Canberra
Referees: Gavin Badger and Phil Haines; Touch Judges: Jason Walsh and David Munro; Video Referee: Russell Smith

Raiders: 1. Josh Dugan 2. Blake Ferguson 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joel Thompson 5. Reece Robinson 6. Josh McCrone 7. Sam Williams 8. Dane Tilse 9. Alan Tongue (c) 10. Brett White 11. Joe Picker 12. Bronson Harrison 13. Shaun Fensom
Interchange: 14. Glen Buttriss 15. Josh Miller 16. Josh Papalii 17. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Cowboys: 1. Matthew Bowen 2. Ashley Graham 3. Antonio Winterstein 4. Gavin Cooper 5. Kalifa Faifai Loa 6. Ray Thompson 7. Johnathan Thurston (c) 8. Matthew Scott (c) 9. Aaron Payne 10. James Tamou 11. Tariq Sims 12. Glenn Hall 13. Dallas Johnson
Interchange: 14. James Segeyaro 15. Scott Bolton 16. Leeson Ah Mau 17. Ashton Sims

NRL Teams R13: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21250

Other (lower grade) teams: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21263

Raider_69

Post Whore
im tipping the starting team will run on as named

the bench will be Campese, TLL, Shillo and Papali

Jason Maher

Immortal
Come on cows! I've been missing my lolz@Canberra the last couple of weeks.

Seriously though, should be a good game with the Raiders finally discovering a bit of form.

With the Raiders slowly starting to click and finding form fast it be a close one hopeful for a Cows win but it be anyone's game. Cows by 2.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Cowboys are great value at that price.
the two teams are where they are on the ladder for a reason... cowboys should feel very confident coming down to canberra... JT is in great form right now.

Hopefully the raiders and get another win. If we can turn this 2 game streak into a 5 game streak into our 2nd bye, we'll be back in this comp... a loss now or in between will pretty much undo any good work we've done

beave

Coach
I think we've won three times in Canberra in 16 years................. I'm not expecting us to win, as long as they have a decent dig, that's all I can ask. People really underestimate the cold and what it does to the Cowboys, put it this way, I am sitting here with shorts and a t shirt on with the fan on........................ I doubt anyone in canberra would be doing that at the moment!!!

Desert Qlder

First Grade
North Queensland really should be relishing the chance to play in the dry, cool conditions in Canberra. It was slippery stuff in Townsville last Sat. night and it really hindered the side from getting attacking rhythm.

That said, the Cowboys will really need to improve their attack in the opposition twenty if they want to take out this contest. They had a multitude of opportunities against the disgraceful Roosters last weekend and squandered most of them.

Payne, while very good, really can choose more wisely which side to direct the attack. I found myself screaming 'go left' at the TV last week and he patently refused to go that way. All too often he was sending the play towards Thompson down the right when he isn't yet capable of putting men into gaps close to the line. When finally it happened Thurston puts Hall away with a deft manoeuvre.

Thurston is garnering a lot of accolades at present but for mine, he has been below his best this season. That may sound harsh, but his being below par is still far better than most in the game.

It's going to be a very tough game for both sides. I'm glad that Canberra are playing better now and they will provide a stern test for North Queensland. May the better team win.

beave

Coach
Good post DQ, agree with it all.

In that first half, we had some massive overlaps on the left that Payne ignore and went right to Ray Ray and Mango and the play got snuffed out every time.

Now I don't want JT to get the ball on every play, I wanna see ray ray develop and learn how to control a game, but I would like him to also identify the 'go to' side and go over to the left and work in conjunction with JT, he seems to be primarily a right side player and JT a left, this shit needs to change IMO.

Paullyboy

Coach
There is just no way Canberra will lose this game. I think there's a chance we may clock off and not go on with it, but in all seriousness, this should be a Raiders 13+ result.

Hutty1986

Immortal
There is just no way Canberra will lose this game. I think there's a chance we may clock off and not go on with it, but in all seriousness, this should be a Raiders 13+ result.

Why 'should'? Raiders are at home but some of the tripe they've served up at Bruce this yea has them as underdogs. JT and Bowen firing and Canberra's inconsistent defence.. I think the green machine may have turned a corner but that's a big call!

Desert Qlder

First Grade

That statement doesn't bear close examination.

Canberra supporters seem to be like that though, wildly optimistic about their teams chances. You'll rarely find that approach amongst NQ fans on this forum. Far more grounded in reality.

It will make a win all the more pleasing Sunday. Go the Cowboys!