What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R15 | Fri | Broncos 21-14 Dragons | Suncorp #nrlbristi

R15: BRI v STI

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2011teams-bri-main.jpg

1. Josh Hoffman 2. Dale Copley 3. Justin Hodges 4. Gerard Beale 5. Jharal Yow Yeh 6. Darren Lockyer 7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Scott Anderson 11. Alex Glenn 12. Sam Thaiday 13. Corey Parker

Interchange: 14. Jack Reed 15. Dunamis Lui 16. Mitchell Dodds 17. David Hala
Extended Bench: 18. Nick Kenny 19. Corey Norman 20. Kurt Baptiste

2011teams-stg-main.jpg

1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Mark Gasnier 4. Kyle Stanley 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby (c)
8. Dan Hunt 9. Dean Young 10. Michael Weyman 11. Beau Scott 12. Ben Creagh 13. Matt Prior

Interchange: 14. Jon Green 15. Nathan Fien 16. Adam Cuthbertson 17. Trent Merrin​

2011ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Jared Maxwell and Gerard Sutton
Touch Judges: Russell Turner and Luke Potter; Video Referee: Paul Simpkins​

Toyota Cup Round 15
Broncos v Dragons @ Suncorp, Fri 5:15pm​

QRL ISC Round 13
Wynnum Manly (BRI) v Northern (NQL) @ BMD Kougari Oval, Sat 2:00pm
Easts (MEL) v Redcliffe (BRI) @ Langlands Park, Sat 3:00pm
Central (BRI) v Souths Logan (CAN) @ Browne Park, Sat 6:00pm
Tweed Heads (GCO) v Norths (BRI) @ Piggabeen Sports, Sun 3:00pm​

nrl-r15bristg.jpg

Last edited:

Deacon

First Grade
If they lost today they would play Friday, not now though. Hodges returns but I think well have enough provided our players get through Wednesday okay

AuDragon

Juniors
I don't think Hook cares who we're playing. He rested the players against the Storm, why not the Dragons, especially after yesterday's win?

Thaiday won't backup for sure, and Locky is very unlikely to play due to Griffin's policy. Parker, Hannant and Yow Yeh will be out there, bar injury imo...

Snappy

Coach
Will be a tough task for Broncos without Locky and Thaiday, but hopefully we can grind away a win like we did last year at suncorp.

thommo4pm

Coach
Will Hannant play?
I'd have thought he'd get rested also.

I can also see Bennett resting quite a few of our players, especially given he is concerned about fatigue, and the fact we play Manly the following week.
Morris & Stanley are a chance for this week as far as I know.
Out of the Origin boys, I'd say Boyd, Gaz, Merrin & Soward will definitely play.
Given Creagh & Scott will likely play 80 on Wednesday night, Bennett may rest the pair of them.

thommo4pm

Coach
And I agree about Locky & Thaiday, with Brisbane winning yesterday and pretty much still clear of the chasing pack outside the 8, I don't think they will play on Friday night.

I think both teams on Friday night will just be looking to avoid injuries.

Snappy

Coach
Will Hannant play?
I'd have thought he'd get rested also.

Hannant backed up after Origin 1. I guess it depends on how many minutes he plays and how he pulls up. Origin II being in Sydney wont help either, as last time he was at Broncos training on the Thursday morning telling the coach he wanted to play.

Last edited:

AuDragon

Juniors
And I agree about Locky & Thaiday, with Brisbane winning yesterday and pretty much still clear of the chasing pack outside the 8, I don't think they will play on Friday night.

I think both teams on Friday night will just be looking to avoid injuries.
Yeah, and can anyone really say with a straight face that the NRL and the public are not being robbed of what should be one of the feature games of the season, because of atrocious scheduling?

thommo4pm

Coach
Yeah, and can anyone really say with a straight face that the NRL and the public are not being robbed of what should be one of the feature games of the season, because of atrocious scheduling?

Agree.

I think if it was a Sunday arvo in Brisbane, you ensure a sell out.
(That's assuming the draw remains as is with this game being after Origin 2).
It was obvious that these clubs would both field players in the Origin series, so it could have been scheduled for the week between Origins.
Better yet, play it in Round 19 after Origin is done and dusted.

Vic Mackey

Referee
what terrible scheduling, if they must play each other on friday after origin at least play it in sydney

what terrible scheduling, if they must play each other on friday after origin at least play it in sydney

now I know how the broncos feel all these years missing players at this stage of the year and yes the scheduling sucks across the board.

would love to play the donkeys at kogarah

Anon

Bench
Looks like we'll be missing Morris, Cooper, Creagh, Scott and maybe Young :(

F#ck I hate SOO

Hutty1986

Immortal
Looks like we'll be missing Morris, Cooper, Creagh, Scott and maybe Young :(

F#ck I hate SOO

FFS, Youngy in doubt now as well?

Broncos only have Parker and maybe Hodges in doubt. They were never going to 'rest' anyone from this