What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Women in League R16 | Sun | Knights 18-10 Roosters | Ausgrid

R16: NEW v SYD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2011teams-nwc-main.jpg

1. Wes Naiqama 2. James McManus 3. Junior Sa'u 4. Keith Lulia 5. Akuila Uate 6. Ryan Stig 7. Kurt Gidley (c)
8. Richie Fa'aoso 9. Matt Hilder 10. Evarn Tuimavave 11. Chris Houston 12. Neville Costigan 13. Joel Edwards

Interchange: 14. Isaac De Gois 15. Antonio Kaufusi 16. Cameron Ciraldo 17. Dan Tolar
Extended Bench: 18. Tyrone Roberts 19. Steve Southern 20. Peter Mata'utia

2011teams-syd-pink.jpg

1. Anthony Minichiello 2. Sam Perrett 3. Justin Carney 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 5. Joseph 'BJ' Leilua 6. Todd Carney 7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jason Ryles 9. Jake Friend 10. Nate Myles 11. Braith Anasta (c) 12. Boyd Cordner 13. Frank Paul Nuuausala

Interchange: 14. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 15. Mose Masoe 16. Aidan Guerra 17. Tom Symonds

2011ref-yell.jpg

Referees
Ben Cummins and Adam Devcich
Touch Judges: Steve Carrall and David Munro; Video Referee: Chris Ward

Toyota Cup Round 16
Knights v Roosters @ Ausgrid, Sun 12:45pm

NSW Cup Round 16
Auckland (WAR) v Central Coast (NWC) @ Mt Smart #2, Sat 1:00pm NZT (11:00am AEST)
Newtown (SYD) v Western Suburbs (WST) @ Henson Park, Sat 3:00pm

Toyota Cup & NSW Cup teams - click here

nrl2011-r16nwcsyd.jpg

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
We are wearing a one off jersey, thus we will lose.

We have not won a single game wearing any one of jersey in our history. If its not our home, away or heritage then we are doomed from the get go.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
While the Roosters casualty ward resembles ours in 2007, I think they've got it over us in the 1,6,7,9 department. Just remains to be seen whether the Roosters forwards can lay the platform.

undertaker

Coach
Roosters, alongside the Dragons, are one of our bogey sides at home. Last time we beat them at Ausgrid was the 2001 QF, and last time we beat them at Ausgrid during the regular season was back in 2000.

Providing the weather is good, we should hopefully get 20,000+ on Sunday.

Danish

Referee
Roosters, alongside the Dragons, are one of our bogey sides at home. Last time we beat them at Ausgrid was the 2001 QF, and last time we beat them at Ausgrid during the regular season was back in 2000.

Providing the weather is good, we should hopefully get 20,000+ on Sunday.

Looks like a long standing hoodoo is going to get broken either way, whether that be you finally beating us at home, or us finally winning in a one off jersey is yet to be seen.

I'll be there either way though. Nothing beats coping an absolute pasting walking into and out of the ground by the newcastle nannas :lol:

Silent Knight

First Grade
I just hope we see a better quality performance from these teams than the one provided at the SFS. Past matchups between these teams used to be legendary in the days of the Johns vs Fittler rivalry.

Knights by 1.

JT_

Juniors
The pessimism creeping up inside me says we'll get towelled up. We've been lucky to get away with our wins at Newcastle so many times (bar 2009) so it's bound to give in.

Danish

Referee
According to the Roosters website they are showing the game live at 3pm at the club?

Anyone have any idea how that could be true? Is the game being shown live in the hunter region or something and they are getting the feed?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
According to the Roosters website they are showing the game live at 3pm at the club?

Anyone have any idea how that could be true? Is the game being shown live in the hunter region or something and they are getting the feed?
Not to my knowledge :?

Lambretta

First Grade
Regarding the "Roosters are unbeaten in Newcastle since 2001" comment

How many times have we played there since 2001?
How many times have the games been played at Gosford for example?
Cos we've lost every sodding one of those :lol: or maybe they were all Roosters "home" games.

Funny "home" grounds and "special" jerseys
Guaranteed to get the Roosters stuffed with paxo every f**king time

JT_

Juniors
We've lost to the Knights at Gosford from 2008 through to 2010 I know that's for sure. Not sure before that the but yeah we've had a terrible record up there.

Latest posts