What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2SM and Talkin' Sport.

redvscotty

First Grade
So I listen to Talkin Sport on the Tunein radio app on my phone while I'm at work in the arvos.

I also sometimes listen in when I'm down the gold coast driving around.

I have noticed that when they goto the news the news theme song plays normally and when they focus on just that, it seems as though the music slows down... kinda like changing the bpm thingy on a record player and then speeds up again right before the blokes come back on and talk gibberish.

Does anyone else notice this, or is it just an internet radio thing?

It's one of those inane, unimportant things that just shits me to f**king tears.

innsaneink

Referee
No never noticed that but by god theyre an amateur station.
Hughes still has a chip on his shoulder about not getting the radio rights, will hammer Gallop at any opportunity.
Yesterday Papworths mike wasnt working from the start of the show, wasnt apparent to anyone in studio so all we were hearing was a one sided convo from Hughes for almos FIVE MINUTES....its a backyard quality production, but I still listen on my way home - get some good info

Mr Saab

Referee
Hughes still has a chip on his shoulder about not getting the radio rights, will hammer Gallop at any opportunity.

Which is a reason why they will never get the rights to call games

Honkiest_Honky

Juniors
So I listen to Talkin Sport on the Tunein radio app on my phone while I'm at work in the arvos.

I also sometimes listen in when I'm down the gold coast driving around.

I have noticed that when they goto the news the news theme song plays normally and when they focus on just that, it seems as though the music slows down... kinda like changing the bpm thingy on a record player and then speeds up again right before the blokes come back on and talk gibberish.

Does anyone else notice this, or is it just an internet radio thing?

It's one of those inane, unimportant things that just shits me to f**king tears.

on my nokia phone the talking sport stream used to start on then speed up .. they used to sound like chimpmunks.

on the ipone the brief times i've listened to 2sm it's been ok.

on the pc apart fr the stream stopping for a few minutes every now and then its ok.

i never got to fix that prob on the nokia so good luck with it.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Yesterday Papworths mike wasnt working from the start of the show, wasnt apparent to anyone in studio so all we were hearing was a one sided convo from Hughes for almos FIVE MINUTES....its a backyard quality production, but I still listen on my way home - get some good info

So true.
I get the slow music thing.
They cross for a traffic update and nothing happens, just background music.
I don't think I've heard a news update where the reader hasn't f**ked up at least once.
Then there is Gavin Robertson.
I feel embarrassed for them sometimes.

ironhorse

Juniors
Yes to all the above , redv yes the music slows on the air too. Also Papworth is a tugger , Huhges opinion is always bias , Robertsons a moron and tunksy is unfunny .That said i love listening and tune in most days ! Wish the Saturday arvo show was still on .

redvscotty

First Grade
They have some real geniuss ring up from time to time.

Since Dianne Cove Nigarland (who the f**k knows how to spell that?) left or whatever the news reading has gone downhill. She had a sultry voice, was good.

Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?

Rabs commentating over f**king Coldplay.

Ausguy

Coach
Tunksy - worst one liners ever... a complete unfunny wank chunk
Hughesy - The only one who i think is himself
The toff - (why do they call him that?) should be toss... knows nothing about any sport other than rugby, and even that is limited. not to mention no one cares
Robertson.... oh my god, where to start.... he sounds like the softest prick on radio... he might as well hug every caller.... if he stops saying graham graham graham he might be able to add value. Actually im suprised he can talk at all with grahams wang chung in his mouth.

IanG

Coach
Pay Peanuts you get monkeys.

John Laws is finding out the hard what just what a tight arse Bill Caralas is.

He has had more than a few who say they had no idea he was back on air and found it by accident.

Spot On

Coach
Tunksy - worst one liners ever... a complete unfunny wank chunk
Hughesy - The only one who i think is himself
The toff - (why do they call him that?) should be toss... knows nothing about any sport other than rugby, and even that is limited. not to mention no one cares
Robertson.... oh my god, where to start.... he sounds like the softest prick on radio... he might as well hug every caller.... if he stops saying graham graham graham he might be able to add value. Actually im suprised he can talk at all with grahams wang chung in his mouth.

And some of the worst opinions on players, coaches and teams you will ever hear. This from a bloke you would think has some knowledge of the game. No idea at times.

EvolutionUber

Juniors
Which 1 is the idiot that keeps calling the dragons the steelers? I mean we get it you hate the dragons get over your self( I'm not a dragons fan).

Spot On

Coach
Tunks. A couple of years ago he said Manly couldn't win a comp with the pack they had, in particular the front row. Guess what? 40 - nil.

Mr Saab

Referee

I thought i was the only one who noticed that. Gav has a hard one for Hughes in a major way.
He offers zero value to the show....always sucking up to callers (esp those f**king tossers "Sparty" and " Griffy") and never ever offering a critical word on anything. Why is this? Because thats negative...thats negative Graeme.
Him and Slater are the worst people on radio

Spot On

Coach
I thought i was the only one who noticed that. Gav has a hard one for Hughes in a major way.
He offers zero value to the show....always sucking up to callers (esp those f**king tossers "Sparty" and " Griffy") and never ever offering a critical word on anything. Why is this? Because thats negative...thats negative Graeme.
Him and Slater are the worst people on radio

Do you rate Terry Kennedy above those two?