What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R20 | Fri | Storm 26-6 Broncos | AAMI

R20: MEL v BRI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2011teams-mel-silver.jpg

1. Billy Slater 2. Matt Duffie 3. Dane Nielsen 4. Maurice Blair 5. Justin O'Neill 6. Gareth Widdop 7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith (c) 10. Bryan Norrie 11. Adam Blair 12. Sika Manu 13. Kevin Proctor

Interchange: 14. Rory Kostjasyn 15. Ryan Hinchcliffe 16. Adam Woolnough 17. Jaiman Lowe
Reserves: 18. Todd Lowrie

2011teams-bri-alt.jpg

1. Josh Hoffman 2. Gerard Beale 3. Jack Reed 4. Justin Hodges 5. Jharal Yow Yeh 6. Darren Lockyer (c) 7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Scott Anderson 11. Alex Glenn 12. Sam Thaiday 13. Corey Parker

Interchange: 14. Matt Gillett 15. Ben Hunt 16. Mitchell Dodds 17. Josh McGuire
Reserves: 18. Dunamis Lui

2011ref-pink.jpg

Tony Archer and Ashley Klein
Touch Judges: Paul Holland and Luke Potter; Video Referee: Paul Simpkins

Toyota Cup Round 20 - Friday 5:15pm at AAMI Park
Storm: 1. Sean Loxley 2. Denny Solomona 3. Young Tonumaipea 4. Mahe Fonua 5. Ryan Pooley 6. Matt McGahan 7. Herschel Gideon
8. Damian Sironen 9. Slade Griffin 10. Jarome Wilson 11. Tohu Harris 12. Kirisome Auva'a 13. Kenneath Bromwich (c)
Interchange: 14. Barnabas Tavu'i-Leota 15. Krys Freeman 16. Jordan McLean 17. Karl Davies 18. Steve Liki 22. Zac Moi Moi
Broncos: 1. Dane Gagai 2. Lachlan Maranta 3. Daniel Wallace 4. David Faamita 5. Matthew Berwick 6. Louis Frisby 7. Corey Norman
8. Jarrod Wallace 9. Kurt Baptiste 10. Stephen Coombe 11. Benn Malley 12. Mitchell Frei 13. Chris Binge
Interchange: 14. Bryce Hegarty 15. Matt Smith 16. Anthony Mullally 17. Mboya Adams

NSW Cup Round 20 - Cronulla Sharks (CRO, MEL) v Balmain Ryde-Eastwood (WST) @ Toyota, Sat 3:15pm
Sharks: 1. Isaac Gordon 2. Kose Lelei 3. Dean Collis 4. Beau Champion 5. Ricky Leutele 6. Albert Kelly 7. Tim Smith
8. Siosaia Vave 9. Paul Aiton 10. Broderick Wright 11. Trent Grubb 12. Atelea Vea 13. Jarred Farlow
Interchange: 14. Jack Afamasaga 15. Andrew Clayton 16. Jason McGrady 17. Robbie Rochow

QRL Intrust Super Cup Round 17 (Split) - Easts Tigers (MEL) v Tweed Heads Seagulls (GCO) @ Langlands Park, Sat 2:00pm
Tigers: 1. Kevin Stephensen 2. Adam Breen 3. Shane Neumann (c) 4. Lance Morris 5. Junior Ahio 6. Leon Panapa 7. Rhys Jacks
8. Liufau Hala 9. McKanah Gibson 10. James Stosic 11. Matt Zgrajewski 12. Steven Thorpe 13. Anthony Boyd
Interchange: 14. Jordan Barr 15. Fabian Soutar 16. Brett Zgrajewski 17. Geoff Holcombe

QRL Intrust Super Cup Round 17 (Split) - Mackay (NQL) v Redcliffe (BRI) @ Shark Park, Mackay, Sun 2:00pm
Dolphins: 1. Justin Hunt 2. Hayden Topliss 3. Paul Ivan 4. Marty Hatfield 5. Liam Georgetown 6. Joe Bond 7. Dan Cross
8. Chris Farrell (c) 9. Allan Heldsinger 10. Dave Hala 11. Nick Slyney 12. Troy Giess 13. James Ackerman
Interchange: 14. Matt Handcock 15. Adam Marr 16. Derrick Watkins 17. Delroy Berryman

QRL Intrust Super Cup Round 17 (Split) -
Wynnum Manly, Central, Norths (all BRI) play the following week.

nrl-r20melbri.jpg

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
A few reasons... irrespective of form, Canterbury-Parramatta usually produces something special. Eels were busted in R6 and it was still one of the most explosive games of the year. Both teams are playing for their season too.

Not to mention both teams rate their arses off.

And many NRL fans are sick of watching Brisbane on FNF... and really, it's QLD v QLD. Who cares?

Timmah

Staff member
Excellent question.

As per the TV guide as it stands, no. Double ep of 2.5 Men, The Mentalist, CSI, and CSI Miami before broadcasting it at 11:30pm.

Defies belief and logic.

stormbati

Bench
Honestly, Eels-Dogs game should be second. Every other fan bar their own wanna see the top of the table clash.

Hate the Storm with a passion, they unfairly ended our season in 2007, 2008 & 2009. They have the grubbiest players and coach in the league. Massive hate. The only team I don't have an ounce of respect for.

stormbati

Bench
Hate the Storm with a passion, they unfairly ended our season in 2007, 2008 & 2009. They have the grubbiest players and coach in the league. Massive hate. The only team I don't have an ounce of respect for.

Oh no Alfie...The Storm own your mob, even before 06.

Jason Maher

Immortal
One of my favourite non-Dragons moments was seeing the Melbourne players blubbing after the 06 decider. They thought all they had to do was turn up and they would win. Someone forgot to tell the donkeys (and the refs). :p I reckon this game could be a similar scoreline. Two very strong defensive teams.

Cry me a river...Tinklers hobby next year will succeed.

One of my favourite non-Dragons moments was seeing the Melbourne players blubbing after the 06 decider. They thought all they had to do was turn up and they would win. Someone forgot to tell the donkeys (and the refs). :p I reckon this game could be a similar scoreline. Two very strong defensive teams.

Bet you enjoyed 99 as well...I know I did.;-)