What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R24 | Fri | Storm 8-6 Dragons | AAMI

R24: MEL v STI

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2011teams-mel-main.jpg

1. Billy Slater 2. Sisa Waqa 3. Dane Nielsen 4. Beau Champion 5. Anthony Quinn 6. Maurice Blair 7. Gareth Widdop
8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith (c) 10. Bryan Norrie 11. Adam Blair 12. Sika Manu 13. Kevin Proctor

Interchange: 14. Rory Kostjasyn 15. Ryan Hinchcliffe 16. Troy Thompson 17. Jaiman Lowe

2011teams-stg-main.jpg

1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Mark Gasnier 4. Matt Cooper 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby (c)
8. Dan Hunt 9. Nathan Fien 10. Michael Weyman 11. Beau Scott 12. Ben Creagh 13. Matt Prior

Interchange (from): 14. Jon Green 15. Trent Merrin 16. Adam Cuthbertson 17. Dean Young 18. Kyle Stanley

2011ref-pink.jpg

Tony Archer and Matt Cecchin
Touch Judges: Daniel Eastwood and Steve Carrall; Video Referee: Russell Smith

Toyota Cup R24 Storm v Dragons @ AAMI, Fri 5:15pm

QRL ISC R20 Mackay (NQL) v Easts (MEL) @ Mackay Jnrs, Sat 6:30pm

NSW Cup R24 Norths (SOU) v Cronulla (CRO, MEL) @ North Sydney, Sat 3:00pm

nrl-r24melsti.jpg

Last edited:

thommo4pm

Coach
Melbourne has to lose one eventually and this week without Cronk seems like a good one.

Not based on what I've sat through at each game of the Dragons over the last month.
With or without Cronk, Melbourne will belt us.

They are hungry, motivated, passionate and want it.
Everything Saints don't have right now.

I'd love to see my boys turn it around in 5 days, but it's not going to happen.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Can't see Dragons winning this myself. The passion + desire aren't there.

Vic Mackey

Referee
if saints dont get pumped for this game they never will

even without cronk storm should be too good. wonder what bellamy will do. smith to 7 and hinchcliffe/kostjayson to 9?

stormbati

Bench
He'd have to put Smith to 7 if Maurice Blair is out because Widdop and Luke Kelly in the halves for the biggest match of the year probably wont cut it.

Stormsally

Juniors
I can't see him moving Smith, I think Kostjayson will play 7 if Bobbie isn't match fit.

St George Illawarra will step up for this game - Bennett will have them pumped as if it is a final.

Storm by 6

little_aza

Juniors
Storm by 8....but only that big of a margin at the end. Believe me, Dragons WILL turn up. Can't wait - I'll be there!!

Ulysseus

Bench
I don't like to be negative, but the writing is on the wall.
Even when they beat the Sharks something was amiss.
Winning is often the greatest wall paper in the world, and it covered the issues for that game at least.
The problem, whatever it may be, has got no better and the guys look spent and non interested.

Just forfeit or something, I literally cannot see them turning it around in time for this game or any other game - barring a miracle or epic proportions.
May god have mercy on our souls.

slamminsam246

Juniors
Dragons by 8. Storm without Cronk and due for a loss, dragons overdue for a good performance. Melbourne to lose 2 in a row...

Latest posts