What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Radio streams of games on ABC / General Radio.

redvscotty

First Grade
First off, I'm not sure if this is meant to go in here or somewhere else, but I have a bit of a problem.

Quite often, I feel the need to listen to NRL games on my phone, and for this I am trying to use the TuneIn app available for Android.

Being the more distinguished rugby league fan that I am, I prefer not to listen to the continuous halfwit team on 4BC in Brisbane, and will try to find the games on ABC local radio or on ABC Grandstand.

The problem is, everytime I navigate to ABC grandstand in TuneIn, it gives me a continuous ad for ABC Grandstand Digital, and when I goto ABC Local, it gives me someone talking about Sunday Jazz Sessions or the Saturday Brisbane Bird Watching club meeting.

Does anyone know of a way to get the league coverage on iPhone / Samsung at all for ABC? It is driving me nuts!

Hutty1986

Immortal
First off, I'm not sure if this is meant to go in here or somewhere else, but I have a bit of a problem.

Quite often, I feel the need to listen to NRL games on my phone, and for this I am trying to use the TuneIn app available for Android.

Being the more distinguished rugby league fan that I am, I prefer not to listen to the continuous halfwit team on 4BC in Brisbane, and will try to find the games on ABC local radio or on ABC Grandstand.

The problem is, everytime I navigate to ABC grandstand in TuneIn, it gives me a continuous ad for ABC Grandstand Digital, and when I goto ABC Local, it gives me someone talking about Sunday Jazz Sessions or the Saturday Brisbane Bird Watching club meeting.

Does anyone know of a way to get the league coverage on iPhone / Samsung at all for ABC? It is driving me nuts!

Doesn't the ad run when there's nothing on that station at the time? I used to use TuneIn on my old Iphone 3GS with no real issues.. Unless you try another search within the app?

Smithtown

Coach
I use the TuneIn app consistently and it's excellent.

I have preset the station to 2BL instead of Grandstand Sport - and it works well this way.

redvscotty

First Grade
Doesn't the ad run when there's nothing on that station at the time? I used to use TuneIn on my old Iphone 3GS with no real issues.. Unless you try another search within the app?

Possibly true, but i've tried tuning in when the games on and still nothing.

Red Bear

Referee
What Smithstown said, if you're preset to the local ABC (which broadcasts live footy usually) that should be what you get?

Canard

Immortal
Ive always found the ABC website bloody shite to navigate to find this also.

I usually have to go to the NRL.com scoreboard and click the link from there.

The problem is the NRL.com site takes about 10mins to load each time regardless of what infinite download plan you have.

Noa

First Grade
I have no problem with the tunein app and Im in Melbourne. I go to NSW stations and click on the 702 link (before I saved it obviously)