What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The injuries thread.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Picking up injuries is almost inevitable when you workout and exercise regularly and there was no other thread I could find dedicated to injuries and rehabilitation.

Cliffhanger

Coach
For me it's an a2 pulley rupture in my left hand from climbing, a partial a2 pulley tear in my right hand, and a few sprained tendons in the index fingers in both my hands and stress fractures in both my feet.

I'm trying contrast baths for my hands after climbing now and it helps. I find with the stress fractures in my feet I feel them the most when I'm running and when I'm trying to sleep, the running thing I understand, but I don't get why I feel the discomfort extra when I'm trying to sleep.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Went Skiing this season. Back ski when carving on Edge (WeightShift/PolePlant) hit Ice so I did not grip the snow and do a perfect carve to go with the fall-line and ended up loosing the ski as a result (Even with binding pressure set to 550) sliding a total of about 40-50 metres loosing all my gear (Other ski, poles, beanie, gloves, glasses) in the process (They just flew everywhere). After that I smacked into a thick double-trunk tree.

Chest took one hit (Fractured three-four ribs) and suffered some bruising and ice-burns (Which killed). Basically breathing, laughing, coughing hurt for a few weeks.

Legs took the other:
Left-Knee: Internal bleeding and bruising and stretched my ACL (Somehow stayed in place)
Right-Knee: Bruising, Scarring, Ice-Burn and ripped my MCL, took a chunk of the bone clean off the knee and completely destroyed the cartilage as well.

Was pretty rough. This was 4weeks ago and I'm still healing up slowly and painfully.

Danish

Referee
Thought I tore my calf today, but looking more like an overuse injury now (ran 180km this month, a record for me).

Going to try some stretches, massage and ice and hopefully I don't have to stop running

Snoochies

First Grade
Chronic Shoulder Bursitis from pitching in Baseball. Had 8 years rest and came back to play and still there. I can perform any activity in the weight room but put a baseball in the hand and it kills. Neurofen is helping :)

adamkungl

Immortal
Minor LCL tear (based on my own dodgy internet diagnosis) from a mosh pit. Aggravated it a couple of times playing oztag, seems to have recovered now, been playing with it tightly strapped.

i have 3 long term ailments..

ongoing kneck and back issues. being treated by chiropractic work. also do a variety of neck stretches that help alot. treat with deep heat and nurophen gel aswell to loosen it up.

Hip flexor issue in my right leg. from running, kicking. really needs extended rest...
playing AFL, Oztag and Indoor Soccer dont help lol

Chipped bone in my foot. cousin drove a golfball into me. dosnt hurt to run but now it looks like i have a weird extra ankle.

i play through most of em pretty easy.

worst injury over the last few years though was aIbroke and dislocated my thumb playing oztag. still kinda hurts 3 years on even with surgery n that.
went in for a tag...hit a hip bone...snap crackle pop

not enjoyable.

Last edited:
Hammie healing. Did first deadlifts last night, 220 felt a bit 'pingy' so I cut it there. Will hopefully be 100% next week. First league training next monday as well.

Dude you had a grade two and you've only been injured for 4 weeks and you decide to train on it ? Surely your physio would have advised against it ?

:crazy:

Full tear mate or just a strain?

Just a strain, feels like it set me back another 1-2 weeks.

Dude you had a grade two and you've only been injured for 4 weeks and you decide to train on it ? Surely your physio would have advised against it ?

:crazy:

Physio said it was all good. Today was meant to be my last appointment with him but there'll be a few more now. 5 weeks btw.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
My knees and hips/groin are giving me hell at the moment, was really struggling for depth squatting last night. Ordered a foam roller yesterday, gonna have ot up the recovery/conditioning work I think.

Ausguy

Coach
Hi all...

any tips for a thigh injury that comes and goes, im a competitive tenpin bowler and it is the leg i slide on.

Feels like i have a dead leg some nights to the point that i cant balance on that leg, the quad just wants me to take pressure off it.

I stretch before hand but sometimes i feel as though that brings it on... creams and nurofen dont help.

thoughts on quad injuries that feel like a cork or deadleg would be appreciated.

Latest posts