What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 and 2015 Ashes venues announced

Timbo

Staff member
2013 - Lords, Trent Bridge, Old Trafford, Durham and The Oval

2015 - Lords, Trent Bridge, Cardiff, Edgbaston and The Oval

Bit annoyed the ECB are dicking us around with tests at Durham and Cardiff, whilst having only one each in Birmingham and Manchester and not even one in Leeds.

Imagine if we dumped Brisbane and Adelaide for Hobart and Canberra? There'd be outrage from the Poms.

This schedule also means we're playing 15 tests against the Poms in 24 months - Ashes overkill much?

undertaker

Coach
really? Ashes tour in 2015? I thought it would be in 2017. I know that the Ashes in Australia has been moved forward from 2014/15 season to 2013/14 season due to the 2015 World Cup in Australia/New Zealand. But, if the Ashes tour is in 2015, how will it work in 2019 as England hosts the World Cup in 2019?

Timbo

Staff member
There could be as much as 6 years between the 2015 Ashes and the one that follows it apparently. Unlikely though.

Red Bear

Referee
All to do with the world cup isnt it? So when are we playing them out here, a year earlier than normal? (ie 2013/14?)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Honestly i have given up trying to figure out what CA,the ICC and any other cricketing board is up too. Cricket is nearly as poorly run as the NRL.

TheParraboy

Staff member
for christ sake, having a 2015 ashes series so close to 2013 over there will only mean Punter will declare he has the passion to win it there after we lose it yet again in 2013

Horrie Is God

First Grade
for christ sake, having a 2015 ashes series so close to 2013 over there will only mean Punter will declare he has the passion to win it there after we lose it yet again in 2013

As much of a Ponting fan as i am,i still had to LOL at that..:lol::lol:

Last edited:
Cardiff was such a shit test. I thought they had a great record at Headingley against us? That's a bummer because I love the Headingley test, nothing like watching batsman earn their keep and ridiculous swing to even out the Lord's test.

All to do with the world cup isnt it? So when are we playing them out here, a year earlier than normal? (ie 2013/14?)

Yeah it is, it got brought forward one year as opposed to put back 1 year, something like that anyway.

Same thing happened one tour in the West Indies didn't it, 2003 I think?

Hallatia

Referee
am I the only one who would have liked to see Southampton get an Ashes test.

From what I understand and was reading after the last test played in Cardiff is that Cardiff may not be up to test standard at the moment.

Last edited:

Hallatia

Referee
And 2013, is back to back ashes, is it not?

So the Ashes will be:
2013 (England)
2013/14 (Australia)
2015 (England)
2017/18 (Australia)
2019 (England)

And the world cup in Australia and New Zealand will be in 2015

Timbo

Staff member

From what I understand and was reading after the last test played in Cardiff is that Cardiff may not be up to test standard at the moment.

It's got nothing to do with the ground, which is a cracker, it's got to do with Glamorgan CCC - they bid so hard and so aggressively for test matches that they had to give away one next year because they lost so much money during the Sri Lanka series.

Southampton is a bit meh. The best thing about English cricket grounds is they have character. Headingley would have been a thousand times a better option.

TheParraboy

Staff member
And 2013, is back to back ashes, is it not?

So the Ashes will be:
2013 (England)
2013/14 (Australia)
2015 (England)
2017/18 (Australia)
2019 (England)

And the world cup in Australia and New Zealand will be in 2015

5 ashes series in 6 years

Imagine poms winning 7 straight ashes series in this time (inc the two in a row they have now) :oops:

Yeah, you'd be the only one.

Leeds
Manchester
Birmingham
London

That's how it should be

Hallatia

Referee
there will be 5 ashes series in 7 years, you have to count both 2013 and 2019 as well because there will be ashes series both those years

TheParraboy

Staff member
there will be 5 ashes series in 7 years, you have to count both 2013 and 2019 as well because there will be ashes series both those years

so parramatta played in the grand final 3 years ago bcause i have to count 2009 and 2011? ;-)

Latest posts