What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 nations game 1 - Australia v New Zealand

hutch

First Grade
KANGAROOS TEAM: B Slater, A Uate, W Tonga, C Lawrence, D Boyd, D Lockyer (c), J Thurston, P Gallen, C Smith, M Scott, L Lewis, S Thaiday, A Watmough. Interchange: C Cronk, K Galloway, D Shillington, T Williams, B Scott, G Inglis, C Parker.

KIWI TEAM: K Locke, K Faifai Loa, L Brown, G Beale, J Nightingale, B Marshall (c), K Foran, B Matulino, I Luke, S McKendry, S Manu, S Mannering, J Smith. Interchange: T Leuluai, F Moimoi, A Glenn, J Waerea-Hargreaves.

I can't see NZ winning this game with almost the same teams as last time!

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Not sure why Glenn and Brown don't swap round. Good to see Luke starting, the more he plays the better. The good news is that we surely can't possibly go any worse than the Newcastle game.

hitman82

Bench
Not sure why Glenn and Brown don't swap round. Good to see Luke starting, the more he plays the better. The good news is that we surely can't possibly go any worse than the Newcastle game.
:lol: If we concede 50 I'm blaming your call

timka4

Bench
Nothing is threatening in the 1-5 positions except for Locke, rest are average. Should be a win for us.

RHCP

Bench
Sika Manu, Issac Luke and Ben Matulino starting are good calls. It won't be enough to turn the tide, the centres are still pissweak and unless there's some late tinkering we won't come close.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Nah just don't care about your useless baiting anymore. Good luck against Wales, should be a good blowout.

roughyedspud

Coach
i don't need to talk anymore...the kiwis performances in the coming weeks will validate everything i've been saying :lol:

hitman82

Bench
If we concede 50 it'll come from Aus playing better, we honestly couldn't sink much lower then last week.
While I've picked Australia 30 - 10, I do think Kearney has adjusted pretty much all he can positionally, with the available squad.
Luke starting is a no-brainer. Leuluai in for Fein could help us a lot, and surely Marshall and Foran can't be that rubbish again.
Hopefully the hit (limp?) out against Australia will have seen our backs spend the last 2 weeks working hard on their defensive structure and communication.
Matulino will add far more than Packer did, and Sika Manu starting in the second row should help us get a rumble on too.
I'd still have picked Tupou over KFFL, but I guess 1 winger isn't going to win or lose us this game...