What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to our new NRL Expansion Forum

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to our new NRL expansion forum where we can specifically discuss the expansion issues that will inevitably face the NRL.

Otherwise know as the Central Coast Bears forum.

Enjoy

Gruenen

Juniors
Sorry guys I'm a bit of an "ole digger" here, any of you fellas remember the North Sydney Bears going back to Winfield Cup Days.

Would they have been in a similar location (if they were still around) to the Central Coast Bears.

Use to follow (North Sydney Bears) them a lot, Mark Graham (former Kiwi Captain, played for them, a legend of the game).

Stallion

First Grade
Central Coast Bears is a good 2nd choice outcome given what the superleague agreement created. Perhaps a game at North Sydney oval for nostalgia but a concerted development effort which would win the locals over should occur. Regaining the Support of North Sydney CBD in sponsorship is another plus. And a decent pathway for the Bears juniors as well. That's what I call a win/win.

Stallion

First Grade
Expansion and consolidation is to be gained with a Central Coast Bears club! In addition to this a resurrected local rivalry with arch rival Manly Warringah and a new local derby for the Newcastle Knights. Plus the use of an underused modern stadium with a Leagues club right next door ! It's a license to print money and strengthen the code after the weakening of rugby league in northern Sydney due to a farcical superleague agreement some twenty years ago. I've described it as a win/win but others can't see the merits. There are people claiming an oversaturation of clubs in this region(moreso Sydney ) Their maths is lacking! Northern Sydney with over 1.2 million along with another 400000 plus with the Central Coast can easily and justifiably accomodate two top flight NRL CLUBS. This seems to be beyond the minds of some ! No wonder entrepreneur John Singleton bailed out as a backer for this club with the lack of endeavour and timidity of the NRL.Noticeably it's a real battle for the code strategically expand on this site but we continue on.

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
You know when you’ve been reading this forum for too long when your scrolling through twitter and see a post (under a different name totally) and knows it’s Perth red

lmao

Perth Red

Post Whore
You know when you’ve been reading this forum for too long when your scrolling through twitter and see a post (under a different name totally) and knows it’s Perth red

lmao
Not me, I dont use Twitter lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
There more than one

the handle was Airlie birds wa then I realised that’s a hull fc fan

looks like you aren’t the only hull person to come to Australia and move to Perth
how dare you, mistaking me for a HFC fan is the greatest insult you have thrown at me!!

hahah yeh Perth is full of Hullites. Regularly see HFC and HKR jerseys at games here.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Or the Rovers derby day alternative before they went and spoilt it by winning the CC!

Old faithful you'll never win at Wembley
old faithful you'll never win at Wembley
when the round up days are over, and the Boulevards fallen over
to you old faithful f**k off home.

:)

Wb1234

Referee
Or the Rovers derby day alternative before they went and spoilt it by winning the CC!

Old faithful you'll never win at Wembley
old faithful you'll never win at Wembley
when the round up days are over, and the Boulevards fallen over
to you old faithful f**k off home.

:)
A few years ago I’d have said kick hull kr out

now they are stronger than hull fc

such a turnaround

their rent deal is killing then

Perth Red

Post Whore
A few years ago I’d have said kick hull kr out

now they are stronger than hull fc

such a turnaround

their rent deal is killing then
That and some bad recruitment. Mind you we've fallen off a cliff since Smith announced he's leaving. Not sure how Wille Peters will go. At least off the field things are looking much healthier for us.