What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Movements & Contract Lengths

murraymob

First Grade
have to say 3 weeks ago we where looking bottom 3 but with the forward signing and juniors coming through we may just give the comp a shake

franklin2323

Immortal
Franklin as for squad of 29. I'd say about 8 of those guys are contracted to Windsor and not Penrith.

I assume they will be like Wakeman, Gibb & co from this year. We had 35 or so counting them this year. I would think the same will happen next year.

So by my count we have 6 or so to go

abpanther

Staff member
Anyone thinking that guys like Ciraldo or Galea will be playing first grade are kidding themselves IMO.

I think Gus has brought them in to have some hardened experienced vets playing for Windsor to provide leadership to the younger guys

mxlegend99

Referee
At full strength they won't get a run. But we seem to pick up a lot of injuries and I can see them getting far more game time in first grade then they deserve. Then there's always the chance that Cleary could become best mates with a player or two and they'll keep a spot in the team regardless.

I don't see him being anywhere near as bad as Matt Elliott. But every coach seems to play favorites at some point.

Panther67

Juniors
Clint Newton has been released from his contract at Hull and we've signed him for two years. Grand final winner at Melbourne. Worthy signing.

bigfoot

Juniors
Player Movements & Contract Lengths

Last updated: 23/09/11

Credit goes to everyone who helped with this list.
If I have made any mistakes or you have some information, please let me know.

Player Movements

2012 Gains

Junior Vaivai (South Sydney Rabbitohs - Mid-Season) Source
Cameron Ciraldo (Newcastle Knights) Source
Chris Armit (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs) Source
Danny Galea (Canberra Raiders) Source
Clint Newton (Hull KR) Source
Etu Uaisele (Parramatta Eels) Source

2012 Losses

Frank Puletua (Retired) Source
Shane Elford (Retiring) Source
Joseph Paulo (Mid-season - Parramatta Eels) Source
Daine Laurie (Sacked) Source
Trent Waterhouse (Warrington Wolves) Source
Timana Tahu (Newcastle Knights) Source
Adrian Purtell (Bradford Bulls) Source
Matthew Bell (Wests Tigers) Source
Petero Civoniceva (Released - Brisbane Broncos) Source

Re-Signings
Harry Seijka (2012 - 2013) Source
Nathan Smith (2012 - 2013) Source
Nigel Plum (2012 - 2013) Source
Sandor Earl (2012) Source
David Simmons (2012 - ?) Source

Contract Lengths

Off Contract end of 2011
Yileen Gordon
Masada Iosefa
Arana Taumata
Michael Worrincy

Off Contract end of 2012

Michael Gordon Source
Luke Walsh Source
Brad Tighe Source
Sandor Earl Source
Nafe Seluini

Off Contract end of 2013
Harry Seijka Source
Nathan Smith Source
Nigel Plum Source
Travis Burns Source
Kevin Kingston Source
Cameron Ciraldo Source
Chris Armit Source
Danny Galea Source
Clint Newton Source

Off Contract end of 2014
Lachlan Coote Source
Luke Lewis Source

Off Contract end of 2015
Michael Jennings Source
Sam McKendry Source
Tim Grant Source

Unknown
Junior Vaivai
David Simmons
Dayne Weston
Ryan Walker
Sarafu Fatiaki
Etu Uaisele
Michael Worrincy
Shannon Wakeman
Brendon Gibb
Evrett Vaurasi
Greg Waddell
Junior Paulo

Panther67

Juniors
What is the idea of signing and re signing players till 2013? Too many players off contract for that year. Ridiculous!:crazy:

maple_69

Bench
So we've pretty much got this spine to work around long term.

1. Coote
3. Jennings
8. Mckendry
10. Grant
13. Lewis

Add the likely extension of Gordon to that and we have a pretty clean slate to build a side aroud those guys in 2013/14. Honestly I can't imagine anyone else is a certainty to get a new contract at this stage but I'd hope Seluini, Gibb, Plum, Evrett and Weston are extended.

murraymob

First Grade
ryan walker has left and signed with wenty.Not suprised as the 2 boys from the u20 and tia killifi would be in front of him next year

franklin2323

Immortal
ryan walker has left and signed with wenty.Not suprised as the 2 boys from the u20 and tia killifi would be in front of him next year

Did Sene-Lafeo go as well? after the final game the word was Walker & sene-Lafeo was going to wenty to play with Penese & Paulo

murraymob

First Grade
Dylan Sharp who was with us this year or last has signed with wenty .Anyone know much about him

franklin2323

Immortal
Dylan Sharp who was with us this year or last has signed with wenty .Anyone know much about him

He was a NSW Cup benchie or JB Cup player. The 2 graduates from NYC play the same style & look better prospects. Plenty or hard working backrowers in the club so no big loss

franklin2323

Immortal
all should at least get windsor contracts

Yeah. Windsor is a blank canvas. Basically they told Melville any they want to stay. Windsor will keep. There were a good few I didn't recognise so they were newbie's we knew of eg Simpkins, achurch etc.

Latest posts