What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R1 | Sun | Warriors 20-26 Sea Eagles | Eden Park

Round 1 result: Warriors v Sea Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2012teams-war-alt.jpg

1. Kevin Locke 2. Bill Tupou 3. Konrad Hurrell 4. Jerome Ropati 5. Manu Vatuvei 6. James Maloney 7. Shaun Johnson
8. Russell Packer 9. Nathan Friend 10. Ben Matulino 11. Feleti Mateo 12. Simon Mannering (c) 13. Elijah Taylor

Interchange: 14. Lewis Brown 15. Sione Lousi 16. Ben Henry 17. Ukuma Ta'ai
Reserves: 18. Glen Fisiiahi 20. Krisnan Inu 21. Alehana Mara

2012teams-man-main.jpg

1. Brett Stewart 2. Michael Oldfield 3. Jamie Lyon (c) 4. Steve Matai 5. David Williams 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Jason King (c) 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Tony Williams 13. Glenn Stewart

Interchange (from): 14. Jamie Buhrer 15. Vic Mauro 16. Darcy Lussick 17. George Rose
Reserves: 18. Jorge Taufua

2012ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Tony Archer and Ben Cummins
Sideline Officials: Russell Turner and Grant Atkins
Video Referee: Sean Hampstead

Related matches
Toyota Cup R1 - Warriors v Sea Eagles @ Eden Park, Sun 9:45am AEDT (Live on FOX Sports 2, live on Sky Sports NZ 11:45am local NZ time)
NSW Cup R1 - Vulcans (WAR) v Knights (NEW) @ Mt Smart, Sat 3:00pm
NSW Cup R1 - Wests (WST) v Sea Eagles (MAN) @ Lidcombe Oval, Sat 3:00pm

nrl12-r1nzwman.jpg

Last edited:

hitman82

Bench
Early prediction:

Warriors 30 def Manly 12
FTS: Jerome Ropati
LTS: Brett Stewart
MOM: Simon Mannering

blake2101

Juniors
Eagles by 14. The warriors have taken a pretty big hit in their forward stocks, and very close to the start of the season. The warriors will tire quicker and Manly will capitalize on it.
It will probably mean that manly won't be able to successfully back up the following Friday night against the Tigers though.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Warriors missing their front row aren't they?

Half of it, our top 4 props are about equal but two of them are out, as is one of the backups. Still got Packer and Matulino up front though (both internationals) so we've still got some grunt there.

ceagle

Bench
Will go Warriors in a tight one, just because there home, but I do think back to rd 1 last year.

DIMEAST

Juniors
The Warriors look to have strengthened their squad since the last time the two teams from the 2011 Grand Final met, especially with the new recruit hooker Nathan friend and kiwi centre Jerome Ropati returning from injury. First big test for new coach Bluey Mcclenan (who I rate as a MUCH better coach than Ivan Cleary).

Fortunately for Manly they get to present a consistent and formidable array of talent all across the field, which will pretty much be the same team that took out last years Telstra Premiership. Des will be a big loss but I think Toovey's men will be inspired to take the victory - and as hard as it is to say beeing a passionate Warriors fan - i think they will pip the warriors in a thriller.

Can't wait for this game!

(Only a predicion based on my unbiased analysis - would love to be proven wrong!!!)

Final Score

Warriors 18
Manly 20

Last edited:

Latest posts