What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R1 | Sun | Tigers* 17-16 Sharks | Leichhardt

Round 1 result: Tigers v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2012teams-wst-main.jpg

1. James Tedesco 2. Beau Ryan 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Matt Utai 6. Benji Marshall 7. Tim Moltzen
8. Aaron Woods 9. Robbie Farah (c) 10. Keith Galloway 11. Adam Blair 12. Gareth Ellis 13. Chris Heighington

Interchange: 14. Liam Fulton 15. Matt Groat 16. Matt Bell 17. Tom Humble
Reserves: 18. Joel Reddy

2012teams-cro-main-1.jpg

1. Nathan Gardner 2. Stewart Mills 3. Ben Pomeroy 4. Colin Best 5. Matthew Wright 6. Wade Graham 7. Todd Carney
8. Bryce Gibbs 9. Isaac De Gois 10. Ben Ross 11. Jeremy Smith 12. Anthony Tupou 13. Paul Gallen (c)

Interchange (from): 14. Andrew Fifita m15. Sam Tagataese 16. John Morris 17. Mark Taufua
18. Jayson Bukuya 19. Jon Green

2012ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Jared Maxwell and Chris James
Sideline Officials: Jason Walsh and Henry Perenara
Video Referee: Steve Clark

Related matches
Toyota Cup R1 - Tigers v Sharks @ Leichhardt, Sun 11:45am
NSW Cup R1 - Tigers (WST) v Bears (SOU) @ Concord Oval, Sat 3:00pm
NSW Cup R1 - Cutters (STI) v Sharks (CRO/MEL) @ WIN Stadium, Sat 3:00pm

nrl12-r1wstcro.jpg

Last edited:

coolumsharkie

Referee
I'm tipping against the Tigers, only because of the new recruits will lift against thier old side as it's the only time we play you in the season proper.. Sharks by 4. Plus the fact that we're going to have to beat ya's sometime this century!!

Vic Mackey

Referee
Sharks are a massive chance of an upset.

I think the tigers really need to get on top early, the longer the sharks stay in the game the more chance they'll have of snatching it. Tigers need 2 or 3 early tries to deflate the sharks who will be quietly confident.

I actually think Gibbs and fifita playing against us will ensure the tigers are pumped. No doubts there will be plenty of banter and hopefully the two mentioned give away some cheap penalties.

snoozer

Bench
don't know what to expect.

definite bogey team for us.

looking forward to seeing tc in his 1st game for us.also gibbs and fafita against their old club.

the real match up for me is gallen up against blair.

thommo4pm

Coach
Sharks forwards to run over the Tigers pack. Carney to have some open spaces to work with. Sharks to win this one.

Von

Juniors
Too close to call with any confidence.

Benji v Carney will be great to watch.

Bibbs & Fifita have a point to prove.

Looking forward to it.

As nervous as I have been about facing Cronulla in about 5 seasons, I wish we had them a bit later in the season. Carney will still be motivated, plus Gibbs and Fifita will fire up for a big game against us. I still think we'll win on the back of a big Leichhardt crowd, but it will be a tight game. Hoping Tedesco has a strong debut and Blair has a big game.