What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R1 | Sat | Raiders 19-24 Storm | Canberra

Round 1 result: Raiders v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2012teams-can-main.jpg

1. Josh Dugan 2. Blake Ferguson 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Shaun Berrigan 5. Reece Robinson 6. Terry Campese (c) 7. Josh McCrone
8. David Shillington 9. Travis Waddell 10. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs 11. Josh Papalii 12. Bronson Harrison 13. Shaun Fensom

Interchange: 14. Glen Buttriss 15. Joel Thompson 16. Dane Tilse 17. Brett White
Reserves: 18. Trevor Thurling

2012teams-mel-main.jpg

1. Billy Slater 2. Matt Duffie 3. Dane Nielsen 4. Justin O'Neill 5. Anthony Quinn 6. Gareth Widdop 7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith (c) 10. Bryan Norrie 11. Sika Manu 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Todd Lowrie

Interchange (from): 14. Ryan Hinchcliffe 15. Kevin Proctor 16. Siosaia Vave 17. Michael Greenfield
Reserves: 18. Sisa Waqa 19. Rory Kostjasyn

2012ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Gavin Badger and Brett Suttor
Sideline Officials: Dave Abood and Chris Butler
Video Referee: Phil Cooley

Related matches
Toyota Cup R1 - Raiders v Storm @ Canberra Stadium, Sat 3:15pm (Live on FOX Sports 2)
NSW Cup R1 - Bulldogs (CBY) v Mounties (CAN) @ Belmore, Sat 3:00pm
NSW Cup R1 - Cutters (STI) v Sharks (CRO/MEL) @ WIN Stadium, Sat 3:00pm
QLD Cup kicks off March 10-11

nrl12-r1cbrmel.jpg

Last edited:

joshie

Live Update Team
I am picking us by about 8. I think the Raiders are going to go very well this season but the Storm have a lot more to prove over the first 5 weeks of the season. it is always imperative we come hard out of the blocks and we normally do.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I'm keen to head down to the icebox & watch this, should be a cracker. I reckon Raiders in an upset, by 7

Raider_69

Post Whore
round 1 is an absolute lottery

i think the raiders are going to be a much better team this year, and we'll give melbourne and the big 3 a run. I still favour the storm though.

Hoping we can beat Scum, but doubt it. Melbourne just have the class in the positions that matter most. We're still a young side, and perennial slow starters to the season. Like posters above, reckon we could surprise this season, but it certainly won't be conveyed first game:

Melbourne 28-10 Canberra

Butters

Bench
What a shit match up to start the season with, Melbourne may as well just play another trial. Oh well at least the boys will be able to work on their post try celebrations.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Storm by 16 with most of their points scored in the last 20 minutes. It will take a few rounds before Campese hits his straps again and I predict Bellamy will tell his players to direct a lot of traffic at Croker who is a defensive liability. Canberra will put up a good fight, but Melbourne just have too much class in the key positions.

Haffa

Melbourne by 20+

Canberra fans will realise they're in for a long and unsuccessful season (again) by the 30 minute mark.

Von

Juniors
Close one but I think the Storm might just get em.

I'm attending this game as are a lot of non Raiders/Storm fans I know.

legend

Coach
Storm by plenty. Furner is an imbecile! Nothing will change.

*Enter Skeepe for regular dribble about me not being a Raiders fan.*