What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R3 | Sun | Roosters 14-8 Raiders | Allianz

Round 3 result: Roosters v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2012teams-syd-her.jpg

1. Anthony Minichiello 2. Justin Carney 3. Joseph 'BJ' Leilua 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 5. Sam Perrett 6. Braith Anasta (c) 7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Martin Kennedy 11. Aidan Guerra 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Frank Paul Nuuausala

Interchange: 14. Boyd Cordner 15. Mose Masoe 16. Lama Tasi 17. Anthony Mitchell
Reserves: 18. Daniel Mortimer 20. Tinirau Arona

2012teams-can-main.jpg

1. Josh Dugan 2. Blake Ferguson 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Shaun Berrigan 5. Jack Wighton 6. (c) Terry Campese 7. Josh McCrone
8. David Shillington (vc) 9. Travis Waddell 10. Brett White (vc) 11. Josh Papalii 12. Bronson Harrison 13. Shaun Fensom

Interchange: 14. Glen Buttriss 15. Joel Thompson 16. Trevor Thurling 17. Sam Mataora
Reserves: 18. Joe Picker

2012ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Steve Lyons and Alan Shortall
Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall and Gavin West
Video Referee: Rod Lawrence

Related Matches
Toyota Cup R3 - Roosters v Raiders @ Allianz, Sun 11:45am
VB NSW Cup R3 - Cronulla Sharks (CRO/MEL) v Newtown Jets (SYD) @ Toyota, Sat 3:00pm
VB NSW Cup R3 - Mounties (CAN) Bye

nrl-r3sydcbr.jpg

Last edited:

Raider_69

Post Whore
if the raiders show up with the same commitment in defense and ball control as they have in the opening 2 weeks i think the raiders should win

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Hopefully the Roosters play like they did yesterday.

Surely there will be no wrestle in this game from either team.........

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Maybe you guys will get screwed by the controlling ref and touchies. We'll get screwed by the pocket ref and video ref.

adamkungl

Immortal
Maybe you guys will get screwed by the controlling ref and touchies. We'll get screwed by the pocket ref and video ref.

Good call.

You guys can lay all over the ruck, drop clear balls which will get called as strips, etc. not get penalised all game while we get reamed.

But the video ref will miraculously disallow every one of your tries while allowing us to score from forward passes in every play.

Should be an entertaining thread :lol:

Valheru

Coach
If I were David Furner I would instruct the Raiders to lie on the roosters for a minimum of 10 seconds, they won’t get penalised.

One thing going for us is that we have an excellent record at SFS against raiders although they did win last year. Hopefully we are not favourites because if we are we will lose.

I predict we get our 1st penalty in the 52nd minute.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Good call.

You guys can lay all over the ruck, drop clear balls which will get called as strips, etc. not get penalised all game while we get reamed.

But the video ref will miraculously disallow every one of your tries while allowing us to score from forward passes in every play.

Should be an entertaining thread :lol:

Haha maybe giving up the video ref was a bad decision afterall.

If the Raiders of the past two weeks turn up, we should have no problems taking the two points. That is the problem with us however. We find it very difficult to string consistent performances. Roosters looked pretty ordinary yesterday, but thus far in two rounds, no team has strung two poor performances in a row, so I'm expecting them to turn up.

Tommy Learoyd-Lahrs being back is a huge plus.

Making the trip up the Hume Highway for this one. Looking forward to it.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Skeepe V Tonearm is the battle I'm waiting to see. On the football front from what I've seen over the last 2 weeks we look to have got some heart back in our team. 22-14 to us.

Why would I be battling skeepe? He will be on LU popping a vein on his forehead furiously cursing the officials, I'll be at the game depressed at another woefully inept NSW cup standard performance by Easts.

If they don't get in to gear against Canberra then I could care less about the rest of the year. Have to double up on the mid strength bullshit

Danish

Referee
I have a sinking feeling that it is time for Shillo to finally tear us a new a-hole like all ex-roosters eventually do. He played an unbelievable game on the weekend and I can't see any of our props bar JWH up to the task of taking him on.

If both teams play the way they have the last 2 weeks then the Raiders will win comfortably. Our only hope lies in bringing a new attitude to the game, and also on SKD and Moga joining the side finally for this season.

Latest posts