What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R7 | Sat | Roosters 12-50 Cowboys | TIO Stadium, Darwin

Round 7 result: Roosters v Cowboys

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2012teams-syd-her.jpg

1. Anthony Minichiello 2. Justin Carney 3. Joseph 'BJ' Leilua 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 5. Sam Perrett 6. Braith Anasta 7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Martin Kennedy 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Tinirau Arona

Interchange: 14. Aidan Guerra 15. Lama Tasi 16. Brad Takairangi 17. Anthony Mitchell
Reserves: 18. Daniel Mortimer 19. Jack Bosden

2012teams-nql-main.jpg

1. Matthew Bowen 2. Ashley Graham 3. Brent Tate 4. Antonio Winterstein 5. Kalifa Faifai Loa 6. Johnathan Thurston (c) 7. Ray Thompson
8. Ashton Sims 9. Aaron Payne 10. James Tamou 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Glenn Hall 13. Dallas Johnson

Interchange: 14. James Segeyaro 15. Scott Bolton 16. Ricky Thorby 17. Tariq Sims
Reserves: 18. Moses Pangai

2012ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Ashley Klein and Gavin Morris
Sideline Officials: Ricky MacFarlane and Dan Eastwood
Video Referee: Phil Cooley

Related Matches
Toyota Cup R7 - Roosters v Cowboys - time and venue TBC
NSW Cup R7 - Mounties (CAN) v Newtown Jets (SYD) @ Mt Pritchard Sports Ground, Sat 3:00pm
QRL ISC R6 (Split) - Tweed Heads Seagulls (GLD) v Northern Pride (NQL) @ Piggabeen Sports Complex, Sun 2:10pm (Ch 9 Live in QLD)

nrl2012-r7sydnql.jpg

Last edited:

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Both team will want to play better than they did this weekend..

The conditions will favour NQ as Easts have for some reason taken their home game to Darwin..

Both teams looked good in patches while being flogged by Melbourne..

The Roosters will be on the 2nd leg of a Queensland/NT road trip so the effects of travel may play a part on their performance..

NQ play a catch me if you can game,points wise,while the Roosters defence (apart from the last 40 minutes against Melbourne) has been far & away the best part of their game this year..

Due to my bias i tipped the Roosters..

Valheru

Coach
The time of year has come again where we move a home game to some odd venue and invite a team to play there that are actually based closer to the ground than we are and thrive in the conditions.

Newcastle @ Gosford
Warriors @ Christchurch
Cowboys @ Darwin.

I hear Melbourne at Geelong and Canberra at Goulburn will be our next moves.

I didn't even realize the Roosters are on 8 points...they came from nowhere which is a bit of a danger sign if they manage to hit great form. I think Cowboys by 4 though in this game.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Teams named. Still no Moga for the Roosters!

the dude

Juniors
Roosters ladder position will better reflect their talent level at the end of this round.

Cowboys by 20

adamkungl

Immortal
Souffs ladder position at the end of the season will perfectly reflect their talent. lol@9th

Chooks in a close one.

I understand why the chooks took this game away as we don't get good home crowds against the Cowboys but as already discussed, the choice of venue appears to be a dumb one. Surely C Coast or Perth would've been better. We drop enough ball as it is without humid conditions, so I expect another ugly game. I can't tip against us. Chooks by 6.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Looking forward to seeing what the ground is like in NT.

We had the storms measure for 40 minutes last week and then just lost our bundle after 3 tries in the first 8 minutes of the second half. Wins against the Titans are hard to gauge as well with how well they have been going so it's a tricky one to pick. In past seasons when Scotty we have struggled with metres but Ashton has had a big cup of harden the f$ck up in the off season and has been great filling in the run on spot with a few 100+m games in a row now.

Cows by 10. Cooper to continue to push for an origin berth.

sputneek

Juniors
Can't see anything but a Roosters 13+ win here. Thurston will be shut down by Anasta, Pearce will dominate Thompson. Our forward pack will thrive in the conditions while the Cowboys will tire after 10 mins on the field. Their only threat will be Bowen, but he needs to play a roving lock forward role to be effective.

Going to be a hot and sticky night up there in Darwin, apparently its harsher than Townsville. Roosters to struggle in the conditions.

Cowboys 22
Roosters 10

HT Cowboys 12 - 6

Big Sam

First Grade
Will the crowd up there end up being higher than if the game was played at Allianz?