What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | VB Test | Fri | NZ 12-20 AUS | Eden Park

VB Test result: NZL v AUS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

** not live on Channel 9 or GEM ** - fixing banner soon

2012teams-aus-main.jpg

1. Billy Slater (Storm)
2. Darius Boyd (Knights) 3. Greg Inglis (Rabbitohs) 4. Justin Hodges (Broncos) 5. Akuila Uate (Knights)
6. Jonathan Thurston (Cowboys) 7. Cooper Cronk (Storm)
8. Paul Gallen (vc, Sharks) 9. Cameron Smith (c, Storm) 10. David Shillington (Raiders)
11. Dave Taylor (Rabbitohs) 12. Sam Thaiday (Broncos)
13. Luke Lewis (Panthers)

Interchange: 14. Daly Cherry-Evans (Sea Eagles) 15. Ben Hannant (Broncos)
16. James Tamou (Cowboys) 17. Anthony Watmough (Sea Eagles)

18th man: Matt Gillett (Broncos)

2012teams-nzl-main.jpg

1. Josh Hoffman (Broncos)
2. Jason Nightingale (Dragons) 3. Shaun Kenny-Dowall (Roosters) 4. Simon Mannering (Warriors) 5. Manu Vatuvei (Warriors)
6. Benji Marshall (C, Tigers) 7. Shaun Johnson (Warriors)
8. Sam McKendry (Panthers) 9. Issac Luke (Rabbitohs) 10. Ben Matulino (Warriors)
11. Frank Pritchard (Bulldogs) 12. Adam Blair (Tigers)
13. Jeremy Smith (Sharks)

Interchange: 14. Nathan Fien (Dragons) 15. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (Roosters)
16. Jesse Bromwich (Storm) 17. Alex Glenn (Broncos)

18th man: Gerard Beale (Broncos)

2012ref-whitered.jpg

Referee
Richard Silverwood (ENG)
Sideline Officials: Aaron Kesha (NZL) and Jeff Younis (AUS)
Video Referees: David Pakieto (NZL) and Russell Smith (GBR)

Curtain raiser
Otahuhu College v St Paul’s College, 6:05pm kickoff NZ time (4:05pm AEST)​

Last edited:
Not expecting much from the Kiwis to be honest. Lucky to get within 20. I hope the selectors show some balls and drop Vatuvei, he does not deserve to play in this game.

shiznit

Coach
Boyd>Vatuvei

If they don't bomb it to Vatuvei's wing all day long, I'll be questioning Sheens' methods
thats a double edged sword... if he takes it early... and builds confidence... your as good as f**ked.

Manu Vatuvei with confidence is by far the best winger in the game.

Grapple

Bench
Amazing Australian squad when DCE is on the bench...

Taumalolo needs to be on the bench for the Kiwis though. No better time than an Anzac test. Hopefully Fien doesn't start and it's Johnson and Benji playing together at 6 and 7, that would be something else. NZ doesn't usually get up for one off tests, but that's a good squad. Hopefully we win it!

NZ 22-18

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Boyd>Vatuvei

If they don't bomb it to Vatuvei's wing all day long, I'll be questioning Sheens' methods

Well for starters obvisouly you don't know what Vatuveis actual weaknesses are so I don't think you could question Tim Sheens 'methods'.

Us by 4.

shiznit

Coach
gonna be a horrid week for Tamou... i was at the rugby world cup semi last year... and Quade Cooper copped something crook... ive never seen NZ fans turn on someone like that...

Eden Park when full is a f**king feral...

aussies1st

Staff member
Can't see him copping a huge amount of heat. The typical Kiwi would know very little about Tamou.

Juju

Juniors
Can't see him copping a huge amount of heat. The typical Kiwi would know very little about Tamou.
Do you know about Tamou? muppet.
Only weeks ago was saying he was hopeful of pulling on the black jersey.Played for the NZ Maori team.
I guarantee he was supporting the Kiwis the last time the teams met.

He is going to get targeted FOR SURE, and I can't wait

shiznit

Coach
well... the typical kiwi is gonna be seeing his face on news broadcasts and in newspapers all week...

i can tell you now... our media will make this kid public enemy number 1.

his only saving grace will be that perhaps there wont be a sell out.... so perhaps it wont be as bad as what cooper copped.

and for the record... i though cooper's treatment in the end was disgraceful.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Yeah he'll cop a bit, but to suggest it will be anywhere near Quade Cooper level you're kidding yourself.