What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R11 | Fri | Tigers 24-22 Warriors | Leichhardt

Round 11 result: Tigers v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2012teams-wst-main.jpg

1. Tim Moltzen 2. Beau Ryan 3. Joel Reddy 4. Blake Ayshford 5. Lote Tuiqiri 6. Chris Lawrence 7. Benji Marshall
8. Aaron Woods 9. Tom Humble 10. Keith Galloway 11. Adam Blair 12. Liam Fulton 13. Matt Bell

Interchange: 14. Ben Murdoch-Masila 15. Matt Utai 16. Ray Cashmere 17. Pat Politoni

2012teams-war-alt.jpg

1. Glen Fisiiahi 2. Bill Tupou 3. Ben Henry 4. Konrad Hurrell 5. Manu Vatuvei 6. James Maloney 7. Shaun Johnson
8. Russell Packer 9. Alehana Mara 10. Ben Matulino 11. Elijah Taylor 12. Simon Mannering (capt) 13. Feleti Mateo

Interchange: 14. Lewis Brown 15. Sam Rapira 16. Sione Lousi 17. Jacob Lillyman

2012ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Tony Archer and Jason Robinson
Sideline Officials: Jason Walsh and Adam Reid
Video Referee: Paul Simpkins

Related matches
VB NSW Cup R12 - Auckland Vulcans (WAR) v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs (CBY) @ Mt Smart #2, Sat 1:00pm NZ time (11:00am AEST)
VB NSW Cup R12 - Balmain Ryde-Eastwood Tigers (WST) v Wentworthville Magpies (PAR) @ Leichhardt, Sat 3:00pm

nrlr11-wstnzw.jpg

Last edited:

Aragorn

First Grade
could be a close game - i actually favour the Tigers as they're usually hard to bet at Leichhardt oval.

usually the warriors have other things on their minds on a friday night...

vvvrulz

Coach
Warriors should get home providing our backs esp the replacement fullback (most likely Fish) doesn't have a defensive shocker.

hitman82

Bench
Both sides missing their hooker means it could come down to the Marshall vs Johnson show. Can't wait!

Just out of interest, how do people rate these two against each other?

Statistically I couldn't find a good comparison, but:
Try Assists
Marshall - 13
Johnson - 12

Tries
Johnson - 6
Marshall wasn't in the top group

Line Break Assists
Marshall - 8
Johnson wasn't in the top group

Line Breaks
Johnson - 7
Marshall wasn't in the top group

Personally I rate Johnson as having the skillset of Marshall but with more pace. Plus Johnson can jump :p

Last edited:

gronkathon

First Grade
It would be a Leichhardt miracle if we win this when he will still pick garbage like Moltzen and aged and out of form Lote

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Hoping for a Warriors win rather than expecting it.

Despite our strong first 70mins against Melbourne, the fact is we haven't gotten good results in our last 3 away games. Playing a lot better than we were against Raiders and Roosters (first time around), so hopefully our away results will turn around as well.

Mateo always seems to have a big one against the Tigers so I'm hoping he has a strong game.

Considering some of the Tigers results this year it's hard to know which Tigers team will turn up, and it's always a crapshoot as to which Warriors side will turn up. Could be close either way, could be a blowout either way, complete coin flip.

Earl

Coach
1. Benji Marshall
6. Wade McKinnon
7. Curtis Sironen
9. Tim Moltzen

14. Blake Aysford
15. Tom Humble
16. Jacob Miller
17. Matt Utai

blacklock

Juniors
warriors are playing too dominantly to lose this one. so long as its not wet weather footy, i say they get the upper hand in this one

Aragorn

First Grade
looking at the Tigers team that was announced I'm feeling pretty comfortable about a warriors win. Matt Utai on the bench was a strange selection - you dont often see a winger there unless he can cover a multiple number of positions..... he's also a bit of an old timer, like Lote....

looking at the Tigers team that was announced I'm feeling pretty comfortable about a warriors win. Matt Utai on the bench was a strange selection - you dont often see a winger there unless he can cover a multiple number of positions..... he's also a bit of an old timer, like Lote....

or if it's Tim Sheens picking the side

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Referees: Tony Archer and Jason Robinson; Sideline Officials: Jason Walsh and Adam Reid; Video Referee: Paul Simpkins

Tigers: 1. Tim Moltzen 2. Beau Ryan 3. Joel Reddy 4. Blake Ayshford 5. Lote Tuiqiri 6. Chris Lawrence 7. Benji Marshall 8. Aaron Woods 9. Tom Humble 10. Keith Galloway 11. Adam Blair 12. Liam Fulton 13. Matt Bell
Interchange: 14. Ben Murdoch-Masila 15. Matt Utai 16. Ray Cashmere 17. Pat Politoni

Warriors: 1. Glen Fisiiahi 2. Bill Tupou 3. Ben Henry 4. Konrad Hurrell 5. Manu Vatuvei 6. James Maloney 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Russell Packer 9. Alehana Mara 10. Ben Matulino 11. Elijah Taylor 12. Simon Mannering (capt) 13. Feleti Mateo
Interchange: 14. Lewis Brown 15. Sam Rapira 16. Sione Lousi 17. Jacob Lillyman

All teams from all grades and where all the feeder clubs play: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=22710

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Put your money on the Warriors, they are paying $2 for the win. Best bet of the weekend. With Lawrence at 6 & Robbie not playing we lack any creativity, we'll be lucky to score more than 3 tries. With our defence I can see the warriors scoring at least 4 times. $4.50 for 13+, this one could be risky but it wouldn't surprise me. I never bet on Tigers games but Im strongly considering getting on the Warriors for this one. Im just not sure how I will handle the conflicted feelings of getting money when we lose.

blacklock

Juniors
Put your money on the Warriors, they are paying $2 for the win. Best bet of the weekend. With Lawrence at 6 & Robbie not playing we lack any creativity, we'll be lucky to score more than 3 tries. With our defence I can see the warriors scoring at least 4 times. $4.50 for 13+, this one could be risky but it wouldn't surprise me. I never bet on Tigers games but Im strongly considering getting on the Warriors for this one. Im just not sure how I will handle the conflicted feelings of getting money when we lose.
its a win win! either...you win money despite your team losing..which is good.

or you lose money but you watch your team kick ass! :)

betting on your own team and watching them lose...is a lose lose :)

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hard to see that tigers line up scoring more then2 tries...the warriors certainly have more in them then us.

Humble and politani will give much better service then Fulton did the last time farah was out, so that's something. Though Lawrence at 5/8 completely negates that.

Even though our forwards have been very good since the dragons debacle, a bench of a prop/wide running back rower/hooker/winger will be no match for the warriors 3 props/back rower. Wouldn't be surprised to see woods play 80 minutes.

Hopefully the warriors have an off night, otherwise I can't see us getting up.

Latest posts